PDA

View Full Version : Do not buy firearms from SAIL!

Ar180shooter
07-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Ok, so I went to SAIL today to purchase a Remington 597. Easy enough, right? I pick out the one I want, go to the cash to pay, and there, they ask for my PAL, so I hand it over, and then they take it and start photocopying it. So after they do this, I ask to speak to the manager about this "policy", and he tells me that they were instructed by head office to do this. With that said, I take the sheet with my PAL photocopied on it, and tell them that I'm not buying the gun. I am OK with them recording the sale, but that there was no way I'm letting them keep copies of my PAL.

I was really pissed off about the whole experience. I definitely will not buy from them again.

Rory McCanuck
07-19-2012, 11:32 AM
It sucks that you had to do it, but the line in the sand needs
to be drawn somewhere. If enough people start doing it, they
might come to the realization that they need to follow the law.

jrcbecher
07-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Ok, so I went to SAIL today to purchase a Remington 597. Easy enough, right? I pick out the one I want, go to the cash to pay, and there, they ask for my PAL, so I hand it over, and then they take it and start photocopying it. So after they do this, I ask to speak to the manager about this "policy", and he tells me that they were instructed by head office to do this. With that said, I take the sheet with my PAL photocopied on it, and tell them that I'm not buying the gun. I am OK with them recording the sale, but that there was no way I'm letting them keep copies of my PAL.

I was really pissed off about the whole experience. I definitely will not buy from them again.

I support you 100% on this matter it will soon sink in after two or three lost sales and the the law will stand

blacksmithden
07-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Way to go man. We fought long and hard to get that dumb registry/criminal shopping list buried. Every retailer that I ever talked to was 100% on side with us. Now some of them want to keep a bunch of files in the back of the store waiting to get stolen. Sorry....you can look at my pal and the expiry date. They can even call it in if they want. If they want to keep records of what I bought, where I live, and such, sorry.......no sale. I'm probably picking up a 22LR heavy barrel soon. We'll see how many places I have to hit before I find one that isn't creating a criminal shopping list.

zulu
07-19-2012, 05:30 PM
good on you

Abashai
07-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Whew that was close... you almost bought a remington 597... ;)

Satain
07-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Right on ;)
Hopefully soon they will end this back door bs.

woodenkayaker
07-20-2012, 11:33 AM
I agree that the stores need to be able to track the inventory sold to a PAL, but Detailed records are simply too much. Yes they are a business, yes they are prone to audits as is any other company...(probably more so.)
Fact of life and it sucks.
what limits then?
Certainly I would agree, if they want a photocopy...I wont give them a sale.
would recording a PAL number only be ok? "i am serial number 1234567" and not taking an address, phone number or even name?
Just trying to find a middle ground, not stir the pot ;)

zulu
07-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Whew that was close... you almost bought a remington 597... ;)

That's too funny man