PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting a RFB

Joshua13
02-27-2016, 10:44 AM
Who has one and what do you think of it? Tons of mixed reveiws online. But nothing really concrete about accuracy. Id love to have one just for fun but i would like to use it for hunting as well just and i would like to see some ballistics on it before i buy.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

JustBen
02-27-2016, 12:46 PM
I'd expect accuracy to be in the range of 2.5 MOA or better. For the same price, you can build one heck of an M14, but you wouldn't have a bull pup either.

If you don't reload, you might have to start.

Joshua13
02-27-2016, 03:07 PM
Yea i want the bulpup better for packing. And yes reloading is on the agenda. Picked up a t3(308) for the wife so i could use same lead/brass. And load her light rounds

JustBen
02-27-2016, 04:20 PM
Good idea in theory, but in reality, you will probably find that once a round is fired from the semi auto, it won't chamber in the bolt gun. Semi autos usually have a slightly oversize chamber for reliability. I know I used a small base sizer die for my M14 to get the best reliability and minimize feeding problems. If you are looking for a used set of small base .308 dies, I probably don't need mine any more and would let them go cheap.

I agree that the RFB would definitely be a better gun to pack than an M14.

Lee Enfield
02-27-2016, 06:47 PM
My son had a early one, it was a real POS. Went back for repair and returned still a POS. The retailer took it back which was nice.

Never again.

Joshua13
02-27-2016, 07:23 PM
You made a good point about the reloads i had actually heard that the throat? (Space between chamber and barrel) is kinda loose on rfb. So i had considered that brass should be gun speciffic.

I have no equiptment for reloading as of yet, im going to a buddies house this week and he is going to teach me how. What would be price of your dies?