PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Tactical Entry II 1911

50calshooter
07-24-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm going to be waiting a while for a Nighthawk or Springfield and by the time one shows up I'll have the new store up and running so I figure instead of ordering just one, I'm going to actually make a stock order for a few of the Nighthawks and Springfield's, that way anyone else interested in these lines can take advantage as well.

That being said, I still have a 1911-less problem, I need one to tide me over in the mean time. I found a little gem of a unit at P&D to get me through, BTW P&D has excellent customer service, staff was really helpful on this order for me...

Kimber Tactical Entry II

-Ambi Safety
-1913 Rail
-Extended Magwell
-Grip & Trigger Guard Checkering
-Match Grade Bushing & Barrel
-Full Length Guide Rod
-Tritium 3-dot Night Sight
-Match Grade Trigger
-KimPro II Finish on Frame

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr198/50calshooter/Kimber/kimber-tactical-entry-ii-10.jpg
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr198/50calshooter/Kimber/kimber-tactical-entry-ii-07.jpg

jwirecom109
07-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Kimber's rock man, chek with roger at shooters choice he might be able to get an amazing price on one.

Satain
07-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Can't ever go wrong with Kimber and that 1 is a beaut Clark ;)

jrcbecher
07-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Nice gun very sharp checkering on your new iron enjoy

50calshooter
07-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Got it today in the mail... Good service from Chris over at P&D, two day turn around time!

I gotta say the finish on the frame is different... but in a good way. It's dark grey but in certain light it almost looks like a dark olive drab. Very smooth action as well, can't wait to get this one out...

I'll try and snap a few pics this weekend.

50calshooter
07-29-2012, 06:23 PM
I forgot my memory stick at work so I won't be able to get pics up till mondayish...

Fondling this some more this weekend; this frame finish is very unusual... I've examined this unit under a few different lighting variations and still, I'm getting a really dark olive drab, not so much grey...

It was kind of unexpected as I've never really been a fan of color on any of my guns but this one is so unusual that it's definitely growing on me, kinda makes the gun that much more unique I guess.

Anyone have any Kimbers with the KimPro II finish? I know the Warriors have it, any issues with durability?

jwirecom109
07-29-2012, 06:26 PM
heard only great things about Kimpro Finish