PDA

View Full Version : Trigger lock

Cryovault71
04-14-2016, 06:24 PM
I have a combination trigger lock that I have forgotten the combo too (rookie mistake I know).
Any info on how to unlock it without destroying the lock?:frown1:

FALover
04-14-2016, 07:04 PM
many utube videos on removing trigger locks. I have opened them with knives,hammer or just drop the gun and the lock falls apart.

jwirecom109
04-14-2016, 07:14 PM
moved wrong section

Kenwp
04-14-2016, 08:10 PM
They are pretty simple to remove and then you can see what the combo is to use it again. Trigger locks are just to slow down people not to make them impossible to get into.

Wendell
04-14-2016, 11:47 PM
I have a combination trigger lock that I have forgotten the combo too (rookie mistake I know).
Any info on how to unlock it without destroying the lock?:frown1:

YouTube is your library.

The quickest method might be to just bypass the lock, using a tool like a screwdriver; YouTube's mmatt has a video that explains that.

You can also decode the lock, that's easy too; search YouTube for 'decode combination lock'; many combination locks, you'll find, are vulnerable to decoding.

greywolf67nt
04-15-2016, 06:43 AM
There is also the old 000 try it 001 try it 002 try it etc.
Do you get what I'm saying? Very low tech.

Doug_M
04-15-2016, 06:52 AM
There is also the old 000 try it 001 try it 002 try it etc.
Do you get what I'm saying? Very low tech.

I had to do that once a few years back. Started at 001. The combo was something like 669. Needless to say, it took me a while.

Hardhead
05-15-2016, 09:03 PM
I was able to crack the combination on my trigger lock in a few minutes, with my eyes closed. And I'm not even particularly skilled at lock-picking or stuff like that.

Just keep a bit of pressure on the lever while turning the wheels. Try to find a wheel that falls into a spot where it becomes hard to move. Leave it in that spot, move onto another wheel, and repeat. With some luck, you may get it open. I did.

kennymo
05-15-2016, 11:37 PM
As long as it's not cranked on tight as all ####, you can get a slim butter knife in alongside the trigger guard and depress the spring loaded toothed bit that holds both halves together. (I'm assuming the Masterlock ones or similar here) The simplest one I've removed though involved yanking two screws and removing the trigger guard ;). That's the easiest route if you're lucky enough to have it on a gun assembled in that fashion.....

Oilsands
05-17-2016, 09:06 AM
Youtube has some videos on how to remove the trigger locks. Pretty simple actually. Gets easier as you do a few. Works with keyed locks as well.