PDA

View Full Version : New scope on SKS

chadeech
07-26-2012, 12:51 PM
for my new sks

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w249/NortyNicky25/sksscope.jpg

Satain
07-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Sorry to tell you but I had very poor resualts with fitco brand of scopes. As a matter of fact the last 1 of 5 that I went back for warrenty issues he said that was my last replacment scope so once it failed I used it as target practice with my iron sights.

jwirecom109
07-26-2012, 09:50 PM
I have to agree with Satain, most of the receiver replacement mount scopes have alot of issues, best I've seen is the replacement rear sights mount and the side mounts.

Some work out but most people ether end up going back to irons or try something else.

Even still let me know how it works for you and what kinda of groups it gets, Alot of people talk about them but I haven't seen any range reports.

chadeech
08-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Well you called it this thing just wont stay tight against the recoil
and there is no way im drilling this piece of history to make it stay
there might be a locktight and ducktape protection on the receiver fix but im sort of getting into learning the iron sights the way it was meant to be

cheers

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
08-17-2012, 11:36 AM
I also was a victim of the SKS scope mount. Back to irons now. :)

Satain
08-17-2012, 05:54 PM
I did have a beryl style rail mount for this rifle that I modded for it to work but you also needed to do the reciever mod to get it to function properly. (IE won't jam up on you.) maybe I think I should buy another SkS and remake it again as I sold the last one a while back to a friend. It did how ever needed to be mounted via nut and bolt were the rear cover pin goes and was need to be lifted up to clean but always returned to zero.
Damm writing this make me want to buy another 1...
:smash: