PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas for ducks and geese

JustBen
07-26-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm looking for new and exciting recipes for ducks and geese this fall. I usually cut mine up and make a stirfry sort of meal. And when I don't do that, I wrap breasts in bacon and cook them on the BBQ. I'm contemplating making pastrami; I've done it with deer and moose roasts before and its turned out great!

Whats your go-to recipe for waterfowl?

superbrad
07-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I used to do this too bud... Then I had my geese made into honey garlic sausage and never looked back... Delicious..

This being said, I often like to use my ducks to make a hearty crock pot soup...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Otokiak
08-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm looking for new and exciting recipes for ducks and geese this fall. I usually cut mine up and make a stirfry sort of meal. And when I don't do that, I wrap breasts in bacon and cook them on the BBQ. I'm contemplating making pastrami; I've done it with deer and moose roasts before and its turned out great!

Whats your go-to recipe for waterfowl?

I like that idea of bacon wrapped breasts on the cue ... :D

I used to do this too bud... Then I had my geese made into honey garlic sausage and never looked back... Delicious..

This being said, I often like to use my ducks to make a hearty crock pot soup...

How did you do that with goose? Sound very tastey! I've always plucked and gutted the goose and toss in a roasting pan whole with a 1/2 cup water in the bottom with some onion soup mix, black pepper and maybe a shot of worcehestershire sauce and baked in oven like a turkey as you'd bast the bird every few mins til so tender the meat falls off ... simple but good eating!

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

superbrad
08-08-2012, 09:07 PM
I like that idea of bacon wrapped breasts on the cue ... :D

How did you do that with goose? Sound very tastey! I've always plucked and gutted the goose and toss in a roasting pan whole with a 1/2 cup water in the bottom with some onion soup mix, black pepper and maybe a shot of worcehestershire sauce and baked in oven like a turkey as you'd bast the bird every few mins til so tender the meat falls off ... simple but good eating!

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

Mmm... Lovr my onion chicken... Onion goose may be nice... Thanks bud!...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Woodsman
08-27-2012, 10:08 PM
I am just going to be getting into goose hunting this fall and cant wait to try out some of these ideas guys. A lot of people round where im from turn them into pepperets

Billythreefeathers
10-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Going to try deep frying,, works for chicken/turkeys so it might just work for a duck or goose

joe-nwt
10-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Goose kolbasa.