PDA

View Full Version : Wild Rose party called me last night

blacksmithden
07-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Of course, they're looking for donations. I told them I have some big bills coming up, but call me back in September. I also told the caller about a candidate here in Edmonton who is against private ownership of firearms. I couldn't remember his name (Jonanddad's candidate). I did tell them the area he represented. They said "yea...we've had a few problems with them "up there". I explained to her that 3/4 of the people here in Edmonton own firearms, and half of them hunt, and they had better get that crap straightened out once and for all if they ever hoped to get elected. I explained what happened with the "Turf Mark Holland" campaign and that firearms owners have become a fairly powerful group over the past decade.

I also told them about my "Turf Allison Redford" facebook page. I asked a few questions on their stance on things just to make sure I wasn't dealing with some call center flunky. She actually knew the answers. Well....making our (gun owners) stance clear to a possible future ruling party of Alberta was my 2 cents for the day.

Haywire1
07-27-2012, 10:31 PM
hear hear. as i will be movin there, i hope they listen to firearms owners

stevesummit
07-28-2012, 06:00 AM
They seem to be the only real choice considering all the left leaning people that are in power now

killer kane
07-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Yes the girl on the phone was right, well at least with the perceived problems with the redmonton party brass. Most of the issue started after the big tent was pitched and the call went out from the central office for 87 candidates, so after the parachute party started we as a party got what we got. I'm sure hoping for an AGM this year, because I have a few questions for the party brass. On the firearms note, the brunt of the poicy, as well as background work came from the redmonton area, I know this for a fact. And Steve's right on the choice for firearms owners in Alberta, ratford's a u.n. apologist who, if given half a chance would join lockstep with mcsquinty and anyone else involved in civilian disarming.