PDA

View Full Version : Hanwag Inbound!!!

GrouseRiver
05-13-2016, 02:13 PM
Good Afternoon GOC,

We have a restocking shipment of Hanwag boots on the way and while I'm sure some of you are familiar with this awesome brand I am sure there are many more of you that have yet to discover the excellence that is Hanwag.

Our CEO Glenn ran a pair of their Alaska GTX boots last hunting season and really put them through their paces! We couldn't keep up with the demand last year once people started discovering just how well these boots perform for both hunters and hikers alike so I wanted to give all of you a heads up that they are on their way so we can get some back orders in and make sure you aren't left with sore wet feet this fall when bulls start bugling.

I also have $120 OFF of our last 5 pairs of of Hanwag Grunten winter boots so if you want to get ahead of the curve and lock in an awesome boot for the winter give me a shout and we will get you in a pair. So if you are a size 8, 8.5, 9.5 or 10.5 this is your chance because these ones will disappear and be back to $399 in the fall!

http://www.grouseriver.com/GrouseRiver%20Image%20Files/FOO-000423_Chestnut-1.jpg

I am adding in Glenn's review of the Alaska here for your reading pleasure, any questions you may have on these or any of the other great footwear Hanwag offers please don't hesitate to give me a call.

http://www.grouseriver.com/GrouseRiver%20Image%20Files/FOO-000387_Brown-1.jpg

" Having worn and tested numerous pairs of great hunting footwear over the years from brands like Lowa, Meindl, Crispi, Kenetrek I am always excited when I find something new that raises the bar. I've put these Hanwag Alaska's through some of the toughest hunting that Canada has to offer I can say that they offer exceptional quality at a value point that many other premium brands just don't seem to be able to compete with. Little details, like how the edges of the lacing area are guided over the tongue to reduce the debris that gets into the tongue creases, or the ball bearing lace system that helps reduce the amount of effort you have to put into snugging up the bottom half of the boot, or the way the boot is designed to "pump" airflow through the boot to promote moisture transport from your foot to outside the boot, are all indicative of a very well-designed and well-made product.

More importantly, when you are spending good money on a great pair of boots you want two things - comfort and durability. Where other brands seem to trade some comfort for durability or vice-versa the Hanwag holds these two essential qualities in perfect balance. Because I try to test a lot of different footwear I often don't get an opportunity to fully break in a boot prior to an expedition. I have found that most of the great boot makers provide a fit that feels almost like a running shoe. These are no different I was able to just put them on and go hunting so they definitely check off the comfort criteria. Durability wise the Hanwag uses a Vibram outsole yet the boots are quite light for such a durable and aggressively treaded sole. Gore-tex liners ensure waterproofness and I have had no issues with any leakage after bathing these through streams, bogs, wet vegetation, and snow. The rock rand on the Hanwag Alaska impresses me after having had issues with a number of other boots in this area (usually from being too thin/easily cut or because it doesn't go high enough to offer sufficient protection). The rand on these Hanwags is substantially thicker than some other boots in its category and has held up to the rough use of crossing endless shale slides in the Canadian mountains.

While not a detriment to the boot's performance I feel it is worth noting that compared to other boots I have run in this height/weight the Hanwag's tend to run cooler. In early season warm temps this is a blessing as it keeps your feet a little cooler. If you hit any type of cold weather, especially if you are sitting for extended periods then I highly recommend an extra heavy sock (Icebreaker's excellent Icebreaker Hunt & Fish Expedition Over the Calf Sock worked awesome for me).

It seems that as hunters and backcountry travelers we are spoiled by an ever and ever larger selection of premium footwear. Among this growing crowd the Hanwag Alaska stands out for me by offering some of the best value in this market segment."

Enjoy your weekend!

Lindsay Schmidt
Account Manager

C: 250-681-3802
P: 877-547-6873
E: [email protected]

coastal
05-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Love my hanwags!

GrouseRiver
05-16-2016, 11:26 AM
Love my hanwags!

Which model are you running coastal? If you have a few minutes you should throw a review up on our website for your chance to win an awesome swag bag or gift card.

Lindsay Schmidt
Account Manager

coastal
05-16-2016, 02:20 PM
Which model are you running coastal? If you have a few minutes you should throw a review up on our website for your chance to win an awesome swag bag or gift card.

Lindsay Schmidt
Account Manager

I have the Alaska gtx I believe. I'll do a review layer on. ;)