PDA

View Full Version : Cz 858 help

Canada Targets
08-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I have had my cz 858 for a few years now an has been almost trouble free.

Over the weekend at the range I shot one round, then put the safety on, when I took the safety off to shoot again the trigger feels as if the safety is still on. I noticed before shooting the first round that safety switch felt "gritty" buy didn't think much of it.

Now the firearm is clear, but still cocked and no allowing me to strip it. How can I strip it when the firearm is a still cocked or how can I trip the trigger mechanism?

I am assuming that the safety is the issue and will
Likely have to purchase a new parts kit from wolverine or similar company to replace it.

I figured I would ask those that know
More than I do instead of wreck something and then sulk in private.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Canada Targets
08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I got my answer, You have to go in through the bottom after removing the handle.

jwirecom109
08-01-2012, 06:15 PM
sorry i didn't get to you in time yeah thats what I ended up having to do aswell to a friend's CZ when he had the same troubles

lone-wolf
08-01-2012, 06:34 PM
So why did that happen?

dweenz
08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
slop in the sear/disconnector connection you can put a little washer or make a shim out of brass to make it a better connection. look on you tube. i think thats what it could be. there is also the other gremlin where the disconnector engages too late and the striker follows the carrier. resulting in a light primer hit and a dead trigger. tabbed bolt carrier fixes that one. or some people have had problems with the little locking tab inside the receiver that lock the sear and trigger pin in place. it get knocked up into the unlocked position and can cause a jam up.

Satain
08-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I got my answer, You have to go in through the bottom after removing the handle.
I told you on that private email that the answer that you seeked was on here :p
As for any one who else has this issue in the future please check out the "How to remove the top cover when it is jammed shut." in the How to of the vz58/cz 858 thread sticky in the top of this forum or click here (http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?3073-How-to-for-the-CZ-858-VZ-58).

Canada Targets
08-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I told you on that private email that the answer that you seeked was on here :p[/URL].

Yeah yeah :p