Maxime Bernier is going to be the only pro firearms leadership candidate

https://donate.conservative.ca/donate-MaximeBernier?mpi=nvbr

Should send him some $68 donations to send a message

Foxer
07-05-2016, 11:26 AM

First off - given that we haven't even seen the other candidates who may come forward, what makes you think he'll be the only pro gun one?

And second off - nobody is going to get the '68' thing. That was 25 years ago.

Doug_M
07-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Yup, too soon to decide. And a cheque with something like "licensed firearms owner" in the memo may be a bigger message than an amount of $68.

ilikemoose
07-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Brad Trost, or the CPC can eff off.

graz
07-05-2016, 03:09 PM
it might well not be a male...

Raitt ???

TJSpeller
07-05-2016, 06:51 PM
He is the best of the three that have announced so far. However,
1) I have not seen his firearms policies (though I know for sure he supported the recent policy change at the Vancouver convention)
2) We don't know his immigration/refugee policies (those are important too)
3) The world is experiencing an anti-globalist mood swing. Some of what he proposes (end of supply management) would be seen as a globalist policy. That's hard to sell at the best of times, and even harder now .

Agree with Foxer that the $68 thing is over. Send him a donation with a letter stating your firearms concerns. That's much more useful.

Brad Trost, or the CPC can eff off.
Sorry, never gonna happen. Trost is a good man, a principled man, but the world has moved on. Abortion is legal, euthanasia will be legal, pot is legal. For better or worse, Canada is not going back. We have to live in the real world.

Foxer
07-05-2016, 07:06 PM
He is the best of the three that have announced so far. However,
1) I have not seen his firearms policies (though I know for sure he supported the recent policy change at the Vancouver convention)
2) We don't know his immigration/refugee policies (those are important too)
3) The world is experiencing an anti-globalist mood swing. Some of what he proposes (end of supply management) would be seen as a globalist policy. That's hard to sell at the best of times, and even harder now .

Agree with Foxer that the $68 thing is over. Send him a donation with a letter stating your firearms concerns. That's much more useful.

Sorry, never gonna happen. Trost is a good man, a principled man, but the world has moved on. Abortion is legal, euthanasia will be legal, pot is legal. For better or worse, Canada is not going back. We have to live in the real world.Yeah - I doubt we're going to know much about any of their policies until the slate is full and the contest really begins. Pretty much anything they say before that is more of an indication. And a lot of what we SHOULD be asking the candidates is not so much "what are YOUR ideas" but rather what's your vision for executing the general policies the party has laid out. It's good to know they've got some ideas of their own but it's even more important to know how they're going to execute on the things we've already put on the table. For me - I'd like to see a solid well laid out economic plan. Harper kind of dropped the ball on that in the end - i'm sure he had one in his head but he did a horrible time of painting a vision of how he would get the economy back on track. you don't need to be super specific, but you've got to paint a picture. Etc etc.

We'll also have to see who really 'sells' well. There's no point to a leader who can't really campain well and won't stand up to justin's charm and such. Hudak may have been a fine premier, but we'll never know because he was a HORRIBLE campaigner, and he got two chances to show that.

We'll see. I think Bernier is a contender, and a plausible choice. Hopefully we'll see a few more good options put on the table and we'll be able to pick one who's got a really good shot at winning AND who will be a good leader.

RangeBob
07-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Agree with Foxer that the $68 thing is over.

We did a $68 thing a couple years back, and I remember a few posters saying they talked with the conservative detonations people -- essentially if enough people do the $68 (more than 5% of donations that month) and they're reminded by several that $68 or 0.68 means something, then they know.

Otherwise, they don't.

So it's not entirely dead -- but there's little point unless there's a mass resurgence and coordinated effort.

Foxer
07-05-2016, 09:18 PM
We did a $68 thing a couple years back, and I remember a few posters saying they talked with the conservative detonations people -- essentially if enough people do the $68 (more than 5% of donations that month) and they're reminded by several that $68 or 0.68 means something, then they know.

Otherwise, they don't.

So it's not entirely dead -- but there's little point unless there's a mass resurgence and coordinated effort.

Even then - it's almost useless with the fed donations people. But - bernier's people won't even have a clue. We could revive it, but really what's the point.

Better just to write a note saying you're a gun owner and looking forward to his support.

Petamocto
07-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Has Peter MacKay ever done anything anti-gun? I know he's pro-victim rights from his earlier days as a prosecutor, but I've never heard him say anything asking for more gun control.

If anyone has links I'd appreciate them.

Foxer
07-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Has Peter MacKay ever done anything anti-gun? I know he's pro-victim rights from his earlier days as a prosecutor, but I've never heard him say anything asking for more gun control.

If anyone has links I'd appreciate them.
he hasn't, but he's been pretty luke warm on the gun rights issue at best. I think he mostly towed the party line. He's not anti gun but he's really not interested in doing anything pro-gun unless forced.

The biggest 'complaint' against him (which was somewhat unfair) was after dawson, where the anti's were trying to push for a semi auto ban and he was noted to say right after the event that 'all options are on the table and we'll be looking at everything'. Some people took that as being 'open' to more gun control. but nothing at all ever came of it and there's no indication they took that as a serious idea. I think more or less he was just trying to placate the anti's and give people a sense that 'all avenues were explored in coming to our decision not to bring in more gun control'.

He's a bit of a red tory, there's no doubt. But - if there was pressure from within the party to push for better gun laws, i don't think he'd really oppose that. He sure won't push for it tho. Unless we get to him during the leadership race and get a committment out of him, in which case he'll do what he has to in order to honour that but no more. For gun owners, he's not a BAD choice, but he's not a terribly good one either. He'd really have to shine in other areas to make it worth considering him.

He is very charasmatic tho and might do ok against justin.

RangeBob
07-05-2016, 10:08 PM
. .

GTW
07-05-2016, 10:18 PM
He is very charasmatic tho and might do ok against justin.
So would Justin Bieber

wolver
07-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Kevin O'Leary or Don Cherry would be a sound choice. Men not afraid to speak their mind and voice their opinion.

Foxer
07-05-2016, 11:32 PM
So would Justin Bieber

True. The libs may run him next.

Zinilin
09-22-2016, 08:04 AM

Not yet, he has not clearly and publicly stated his position on the reclassification and decriminalization of firearms.
I asked about it and his campaign responded today:

Dear {Zinilin},

Mr. Bernier will announce his firearms policy later in this campaign, stay tuned.

In the meantime, if you wish to help Mr. Bernier win this race, please visit www.maximebernier.com

You can volunteer, get your membership or renew it and donate to the campaign.

Thanks again for your interest in Maxime Bernier's leadership campaign.

Best regards,

To which I responded:

Hello;

I (and much of the 13.5% of the firearms owning participating electorate) will likely wait until we hear exactly what his position, priorities and legislative time-frames are with respect to the reclassification and decriminalization of firearms.

In this audio recording of a Kellie Leach public phone-in round table (Ontario/east) at 27:28 I ask a a simple question; will she commit to introducing enabling legislation for the Simplified Firearms Classification system is the first two years of a Kellie Leach government.
Her answer is an unconditional Yes.
Just yes. No spin.

Here is the link: Kellie Leitch Town Hall - Ontario East - May 30, 2016 (https://soundcloud.com/user-361036930/kellie-leitch-town-hall-ontario-east-may-30-2016) and start listening at 27:28

Simple question, simple answer.
I am helping to fund her campaign. I will fund any candidate that commits to the timely introduction, as a priority, of enabling legislation to simplify the classification and decriminalization of firearms.

When you make a clear public statement on this topic please send me the link to the press release.

Thank You
{Zinilin}

Billythreefeathers
09-22-2016, 08:16 AM
hmmmm,,, unless someone else shows up we're looking at two choices

Maxime Bernier or Kellie Leach,,

I kind of like both but leaning to Kellie

Petamocto
09-22-2016, 08:53 AM
Last year when I was in Collingwood I sent a letter to MP Kellie Leitch (recently in the news for her immigration stance) and her form reply seemed relatively decent toward pro-gunners.

That said, I offered to have an office call with her to explain the CCFR and got crickets in return.

TJSpeller
09-22-2016, 11:48 AM
Leitch is completely in the pockets of the Toronto "conservative" cabal - a lot of old time PCs, the kind of people who supported Christine Elliott provincially. Definitely a bunch of insiders. I know, because I work within this group of conservatives. She's made some noises in the right direction, but I don't really trust her. She is not very personable, and has the charisma of a stone. If we can't do better with our leadership, we are fuked.

Petamocto
09-22-2016, 12:09 PM
She definitely isn't "in" with a lot of popular Cons, either Rona Ambrose or Kevin O'Leary.

O'Leary went as far as saying she was so far outside the fringe on her Canadian values testing point that she was dead in the party now.

Zinilin
09-22-2016, 12:34 PM
She definitely isn't "in" with a lot of popular Cons, either Rona Ambrose or Kevin O'Leary.

O'Leary went as far as saying she was so far outside the fringe on her Canadian values testing point that she was dead in the party now.

I expect she is not popular with the cool kids in the consecutive clique.
What is the public position of the cool kids on the priority of tabling the enabling legislation for the Simplified Firearms classification System?
Decriminalizing firearms?

You may use whatever criteria you choose to fund a candidate.
I fund issues and commitment to deliver, not candidates.
I reward success, not effort or platitudes.

coastal
09-22-2016, 12:54 PM
Leitch is completely in the pockets of the Toronto "conservative" cabal - a lot of old time PCs, the kind of people who supported Christine Elliott provincially. Definitely a bunch of insiders. I know, because I work within this group of conservatives. She's made some noises in the right direction, but I don't really trust her. She is not very personable, and has the charisma of a stone. If we can't do better with our leadership, we are fuked.

So Maxime it is!

TJSpeller
09-22-2016, 01:02 PM
I expect she is not popular with the cool kids in the consecutive clique.
What is the public position of the cool kids on the priority of tabling the enabling legislation for the Simplified Firearms classification System?
Decriminalizing firearms?

You may use whatever criteria you choose to fund a candidate.
I fund issues and commitment to deliver, not candidates.
I reward success, not effort or platitudes.

Maxime Bernier is sincere I think, and very personable but is what he is promising achievable and politically possible?? I don't know. I wish his english speaking was a bit better. Very interestingly, in the Vancouver convention I ran into a lot of Quebec conservatives who DID NOT support him, and did not think that just because he was french-Canadian it would translate into more conservatives seats. He comes from a riding that is not representative of most of Quebec, and which already is in a region where the conservatives are relatively strong. They need seats in the cities, and I doubt Bernier can deliver that merely because of his origins.

From Wikipedia:
The Beauce riding has the highest percentage of people who answered "Canadian" as their ethnic origin in the 2006 Census (84.0%; multiple responses).[3]
It is also the riding with the highest percentage of White Caucasians (99.3%)

That said, Quebec voters are crazy fickle, and switch their votes on a whim, as they did with Layton, and then with Trudeau. Maybe...

TJSpeller
09-22-2016, 01:07 PM
I expect she is not popular with the cool kids in the consecutive clique....

She is very popular with Toronto conservatives. I have been astonished at how "big names" in Toronto have quickly rallied to her side. I know these people well, they are not stupid, but I have not been able to figure out why they are supporting her so aggressively.

mojo88
10-25-2016, 06:40 AM
Just got this email from the Bernier campaign:

MOJO88, I’m worried.

Liberals hate guns.

We know they’re going to change the law.

But we don’t know how.

They won’t tell us.

So I’m forcing them to answer. I’m using a Parliamentary tool.

I want to know, are they planning on making any firearms restricted, or prohibited?

Is the RCMP making any changes to the Firearms Reference Table?

These are important questions.

Without changing any laws, the Liberals could steal our property and make people criminals overnight.

It’s not fair, and it doesn’t make Canada any safer.

I don’t believe that public safety means taking guns from law-abiding citizens.

I don’t believe that owning firearms makes you a criminal, or dangerous, or violent person.

When I’m Prime Minister, firearms owners won’t have to worry anymore.

I’ll respect Canadian traditions.

I’ll respect hunters.

I’ll respect target shooters, and collectors.

I’ll respect you.

Sincerely,
Hon. Maxime Bernier
Conservative Leadership Candidate

FALover
10-25-2016, 07:40 AM
$5.00 is a Timmie's run. If they correlate the donations to the message, maybe they might see how important the firearms issue is.
Now when the CPC fundraisers call me (which they do on a regular basis) I can say I donated a little but am waiting for some real commitment before I send any more. The hopes of 'more' gets any politicians attention.

CLW .45
12-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Received this today from Maxime.

CLW .45,

Some of the other candidates are lying.

Theyíre lying because theyíre scared.

Theyíre scared, because they know weíre winning.

Kellie Leitch claimed my plan to shrink the CBC would cost an extra $400 million a year.

Steven Blaney is claiming that the dairy cartel doesnít cost any money, and that we would end up paying more for milk if the cartel didnít exist.

Facts arenít facts if you make them up.

Here are the real facts:

Iíll cut the CBCís mandate, and stop it from competing in the private sector.

Iíll abolish supply management, and end the dairy cartel that controls the market with Soviet-style price-fixing.

Here are some more facts.

Iím winning.

An article came out today analyzing the fundraising numbers.

People who claimed Iím just the Quebec candidate are going to eat their words.

71% of all the donors from Alberta gave to me.

68% of all the donors from BC gave to me.

In the north, Iím cleaning up with 82% of donors.

The prairies: Iím at 65%.

In Atlantic Canada, 59% of donors gave to my campaign.

In Ontario, the home province for Kellie Leitch and Michael Chong, I took 40% of donors.

And Quebec?

Well, Iím popular. 90% of all Quebec donors gave to me.

Thatís why some of the other candidates are making up facts.

Thatís why theyíre attacking me.

They know Iím winning, and they canít compete honestly.

Platform against platform, they know I win.

And when we take this platform to Canadians in 2019, Conservatives will win.

And weíll win big.

You should click here right now and donate $5 to my campaign.

Sincerely,

Hon. Maxime Bernier

My reply.

Maxime,

Among firearms owners you are still a big question mark.

Will you commit to making substantial change to firearms law during your first year of a majority?

Substantial change begins the dismantling of the disarmament agenda that is the firearms act and part III of the criminal code.

For example. Licenced, qualified handgun owners are being denied access to the provisions of section 20 of the act by a requirement to demonstrate "need." We believe that the law should be changed, to require authorization to carry to protect life when the applicant has demonstrated knowledge and proficiency.

Please answer this question. Do you support,
1. Need, or
2. Tests of knowledge and proficiency?

Thanks,

CLW .45

CLW .45
12-13-2016, 10:25 PM
This from Maxime today.

CLW .45, how many politicians are afraid to do and say what is right?

Far too manyÖ itís wrong, we must change that.

Hereís my record, Iím not afraid, Iíve been talking this talk for years.

Iím not afraid to call out the Central Bank Governor for cheerleading Justin Trudeauís out of control deficit spending.

Itís wrong. He should be impartial. But others are afraid to say whatís right.

Iím not afraid to call out supply management for what it is, a regressive tax on milk.

Others say we should have ďfood sovereigntyĒ Ö What the?

Iím not afraid to call for aggressive free trade expansion.

Canada is a trading nation, our prosperity depends on trade.

Others only care about erecting tariff walls around Canada.

Iím not afraid to say Canada must aggressively grow our economy.

With lower and lower taxes across the board.

Iím not afraid to call for the elimination of the CRTC in telecom.

We need more competition in our wireless market.

Iím not afraid to call for more competition in the airline industry.

God knows Canadian airfares are among the highest in the world.

We must confront our fears, we must implement principled change.

Click here and donate $5 to my campaign.

Itís time for a change.

Sincerely,

Hon. Maxime Bernier

My response.

Maxime, it seems that all of the leadership candidates are afraid.

Yes, that includes you. A harsh indictment? Perhaps.

You see, Canadian firearms law is aimed squarely at those who are least likely to endanger their fellows. In fact, it is designed to disarm the people of Canada.

- "Need" is used to deny qualified individuals access to handguns with which to protect the lives of their loved ones.

- Prohibition is used to prevent access to guns that are ostensibly too dangerous for you to have. Ostensibly, because there is not a type of firearm that one may not find on the prohibited list, in one form or another. Rifle, pistol, shotgun - single shot, double barrel, revolver, bolt action, pump action, semi auto, full auto. Every type of firearm in one form or another, whether because the barrel or overall length is too short, the action type is scary, or (and this is outrageous) is identical in every respect to a non restricted firearm, but the barrel(s) were shortened to match that unrestricted rifle or shotgun by someone other than the factory.

- Use, carriage, and possession of firearms is subject to the full weight of criminal law. Not misuse, but the normal uses to which any firearm may lawfully be put. The get out of jail card (licence or authorization) is just a temporary permission to do what is forbidden.

Firearms law is designed to disarm us. That is unacceptable.

Substantial change, that which changes the very nature of the law, is necessary. I find it difficult to believe that you are unable to understand the concept. You say you support firearms owners.

If you don't understand, please contact me.

If you do understand, you will also see why I say that, "all of the leadership candidates are afraid."

How could I not say that, when not one of you acknowledges the requirement for substantial change?

CLW .45

Swampdonkey
12-14-2016, 01:42 AM
I'm liking Bernier.

Gunrunner
12-14-2016, 03:26 AM
Maxime, it seems that all of the leadership candidates are afraid.

Yes, that includes you. A harsh indictment? Perhaps.

You see, Canadian firearms law is aimed squarely at those who are least likely to endanger their fellows. In fact, it is designed to disarm the people of Canada.

- "Need" is used to deny qualified individuals access to handguns with which to protect the lives of their loved ones.

- Prohibition is used to prevent access to guns that are ostensibly too dangerous for you to have. Ostensibly, because there is not a type of firearm that one may not find on the prohibited list, in one form or another. Rifle, pistol, shotgun - single shot, double barrel, revolver, bolt action, pump action, semi auto, full auto. Every type of firearm in one form or another, whether because the barrel or overall length is too short, the action type is scary, or (and this is outrageous) is identical in every respect to a non restricted firearm, but the barrel(s) were shortened to match that unrestricted rifle or shotgun by someone other than the factory.

- Use, carriage, and possession of firearms is subject to the full weight of criminal law. Not misuse, but the normal uses to which any firearm may lawfully be put. The get out of jail card (licence or authorization) is just a temporary permission to do what is forbidden.

Firearms law is designed to disarm us. That is unacceptable.

Substantial change, that which changes the very nature of the law, is necessary. I find it difficult to believe that you are unable to understand the concept. You say you support firearms owners.

If you don't understand, please contact me.

If you do understand, you will also see why I say that, "all of the leadership candidates are afraid."

How could I not say that, when not one of you acknowledges the requirement for substantial change?

CLW .45

Hope we don't die of old age waiting for Berniers response.:popcorn:
O'Leary gets the best marks for candor so far.
He as much as called us redneck nut cases for wanting to reclassify the AR-15 to non-restricted.
The other candidates including Bernier have developed cases of political garblemouth.
From a purely gun owner point of view Blaney is the best bet having demonstrated that he was gun tolerant during the Harper administration by reversing the decision of the RCMP to prohibit 2 firearms.
O'Leary has the best chance of beating the turd in 2019.

firemachine69
12-14-2016, 09:17 AM
She is very popular with Toronto conservatives. I have been astonished at how "big names" in Toronto have quickly rallied to her side. I know these people well, they are not stupid, but I have not been able to figure out why they are supporting her so aggressively.

They saw how trump translated air time into an election win.

CLW .45
12-14-2016, 11:17 AM
Hope we don't die of old age waiting for Berniers response.:popcorn:
O'Leary gets the best marks for candor so far.
He as much as called us redneck nut cases for wanting to reclassify the AR-15 to non-restricted.
The other candidates including Bernier have developed cases of political garblemouth.
From a purely gun owner point of view Blaney is the best bet having demonstrated that he was gun tolerant during the Harper administration by reversing the decision of the RCMP to prohibit 2 firearms.
O'Leary has the best chance of beating the turd in 2019.

Bernier's response.

Dear CLW .45,

Thank you for taking the time to write us regarding firearms issues in Canada.

Firearms laws in Canada focus too much on regulating law-abiding Canadians, and not enough on cracking down on violent criminals.

As Maxime Bernier said, gun rights are property rights. When He's Prime Minister, gun owners will no longer need to worry about a system that doesn't treat them with respect. He will listen to law-abiding gun owners and bring forward substantial changes to the Firearms Act so that it uses common sense.

In the meantime, if you wish to help Mr. Bernier win this race, please visit www.maximebernier.com

Best regards,

TEAM | …QUIPE Maxime Bernier

Gunrunner
12-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Dear CLW .45,

Thank you for taking the time to write us regarding firearms issues in Canada.

Firearms laws in Canada focus too much on regulating law-abiding Canadians, and not enough on cracking down on violent criminals.

As Maxime Bernier said, gun rights are property rights. When He's Prime Minister, gun owners will no longer need to worry about a system that doesn't treat them with respect. He will listen to law-abiding gun owners and bring forward substantial changes to the Firearms Act so that it uses common sense.

Best regards,

TEAM | …QUIPE Maxime Bernier

Bernier's response.

What response? ... a bunch of fluff with zero details written by one of Berniers flunkees.
Guess I can scratch Bernier off the list.
Only one I'd vote for so far as the least of several evils is Blaney.

CLW .45
12-14-2016, 01:31 PM
What response? ... a bunch of fluff with zero details written by one of Berniers flunkees.
Guess I can scratch Bernier off the list.
Only one I'd vote for so far as the least of several evils is Blaney.

It is the first acknowledgement of the requirement for substantial change that I have seen from a candidate.

And that in response to this.

Substantial change, that which changes the very nature of the law, is necessary.

Now, are we to accept that as indicating that he understands and will act?

No, as I posted in the Erin O'Toole thread, I need to be convinced that a candidate understands and will make the changes. It takes more than just saying it.

GonZo
12-14-2016, 03:20 PM
It is the first acknowledgement of the requirement for substantial change that I have seen from a candidate.

No, as I posted in the Erin O'Toole thread, I need to be convinced that a candidate understands and will make the changes. It takes more than just saying it.

To make the changes would he not need to be elected first. His email seems to say that he understands there are significant problems with the current system, it just does not provide details.

Billythreefeathers
12-14-2016, 03:49 PM

out of everyone we've seen or heard from so far, who do you think will be more willing to work with gun owners,, you can include liberals and NDP politicians.

CLW .45
12-14-2016, 03:55 PM
To make the changes would he not need to be elected first. His email seems to say that he understands there are significant problems with the current system, it just does not provide details.

Yes, he would need to be elected.

Many see significant problems. Some are firearms owners who see things like moving the AR15 to non restricted, moving suppressors to restricted, rescuing Swiss Arms and CZ rifles from prohibition, and preventing the RCMP from reclassifying after a year as significant solutions.

And they are not wrong.

The problem?

Significant problems are merely symptomatic of a larger issue which isn't affected by solutions aimed at those significant problems.

The law is designed to disarm a nation, ours!

Need - Prohibition - Criminalization

The major tools of disarmament. Remove one, and you have substantially changed the nature of the law. Remove them all, and you have stopped disarmament - until the next bad law is passed.

My support is contingent on a candidate convincing me that they not only understand, but will make, substantial change. That requires some very specific actions.

Lee Enfield
12-14-2016, 04:10 PM
I sent a email to Bernier, telling him I was tired of being FVCKED over by politicians and mounties and I didn't spell it with a "V" either.

Got a similar response from his "people" and so far am leaning to support him. He is acceptable to both eastern and western Canada and that is a big deal. Like it or not we need to pick a leader than the east will vote for.

Billythreefeathers
12-14-2016, 05:12 PM
I've been in contact with Bernier's team and they assure me that he is committed to the CPC party policy and common sense changes,, and willing to listen and work with gun owners.

Unless another candidate is willing to do the same or better,,

TJSpeller
12-14-2016, 05:30 PM
So far I am supporting Bernier. He is the only candidate who actually has offered any ideas, rather than just the usual conservative talking points that never seem to add up to anything real. I may not agree with everything he has proposed, but he seems to be a man of principle.

He stuck it out in the years after his humiliation with that biker chick, and he's still in there fighting. He has always been the libertarian voice of the CPC, even when it didn't fit Harper's wishes.

The others in the race mostly look like opportunists to me. None of them will beat Trudeau unless they offer some real ideas. Really, I doubt even Bernier will beat Trudeau, but certainly no one can accuse him of being a Harper protege. Maxime Bernier is his own man. For now, he is the best we have.

I wish he was a bit more dynamic in person. I wish his english was better. But at the end of the day, there is no one in the current lineup who offers more than Bernier.

Gunrunner
12-14-2016, 06:26 PM
:agree:
Not a single detail.
More politician feel good vague speak in generalities only ... no real commitment whatsoever.
But apparently it's enough to get cheques in the mail from those gun owners grasping at straws in regards to seeking a political savior ... our so called political "friends".
I'll make sure to endorse my old age pension cheque and send it off to Bernier right away. :rolleyes:

Gunrunner
12-14-2016, 07:45 PM
My support is contingent on a candidate convincing me that they not only understand, but will make, substantial change. That requires some very specific actions.

How's that working for you so far?

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/desirablegirly/Smileys/baille2.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/desirablegirly/media/Smileys/baille2.gif.html)
Hope you're not holding your breath waiting for those "very specific actions".

Gunrunner
12-14-2016, 08:12 PM
To make the changes would he not need to be elected first.

Taking CLW .45 at his word and paraphrasing I'm assuming he won't vote CPC unless they present a detailed and specific pro gun agenda before the next election.
I think it is a safe bet this far in the CPC leadership campaign that none of the hopefuls will present such an agenda.
According to his published strategy failing a solid CPC pro gun commitment he'll be voting for the best candidate from one of the other parties (LPC, NDP, Green).
So I guess if other gun owners follow his philosophy the CPC won't be getting elected.

firemachine69
12-14-2016, 08:19 PM
Fire the CFC staff, hire more judges. It really is that simple.

CLW .45
12-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Taking CLW .45 at his word and paraphrasing I'm assuming he won't vote CPC unless they present a detailed and specific pro gun agenda before the next election.
I think it is a safe bet this far in the CPC leadership campaign that none of the hopefuls will present such an agenda.
According to his published strategy failing a solid CPC pro gun commitment he'll be voting for the best candidate from one of the other parties (LPC, NDP, Green).
So I guess if other gun owners follow his philosophy the CPC won't be getting elected.

There you go again, misquoting.

The one thing we can all be sure of, is that when you try to explain what someone else has said - you will screw it up royally.

Leadership candidates have an opportunity to convince me that they understand, and will take action.

In the next election, if I am not convinced that the CPC is being led to substantial change, I will vote for the best candidate. Whoever that may be.

You are beginning to sound like the shills and the trolls, unable to make a cogent argument, so you twist what others have said. Why?

Gunrunner
12-15-2016, 01:38 PM
So far I am supporting Bernier. He is the only candidate who actually has offered any ideas

Like what for instance?
Nothing but a bunch of feel good fluff out of him like all the others.
O'Leary is the only one who said anything tangible ... unfortunately he doesn't agree with us about the AR-15.

CLW .45
12-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Maxime writes.

CLW .45

Dan Albas is a freedom fighter.

The MP from BC has fought against the trade barriers between provinces that hold back our country.

Heís fought to free our economy from the tyranny of big government.

Today he joined my fight to become the Conservative Party of Canadaís next leader.

He joined my fight because he knows that Iím the candidate who can beat Justin Trudeau in 2019.

He joined my fight because he knows that when we focus on core values like freedom and responsibility, fairness and respect, we will win.

He knows that my platform of lowering taxes and shrinking government will win when we take it to Canadians in 2019.

While Iíve been fighting to end unfair policies like supply management, heís been fighting to let BC wine cross provincial borders.

Weíre a good match, and Iím proud to have him on my team.

And Iím proud to have you on my team.

By the end of this year, the more than four thousand Canadians who have supported me with their donations will all have something to be proud of.

Weíve run a principled campaign.
A campaign based on ideas.

Based on shared values.

Every aspect of my campaign has been based around a simple fact.

When we take our Conservative principles, and defend them with passion and conviction, we win.

If you agree, click here to donate $5 to my campaign right now.

Sincerely,

Hon. Maxime Bernier

I reply.

Maxime,

The Firearms Act and most of Part III of the Criminal Code are a blatant violation of the right of Canadians to keep and bear arms.

They are an acknowledged attempt to disarm this nation.

Those who must seek permission for the use, carriage, and possession of firearms are slaves. That requirement for permission is the difference between slave and free.

"Dan Albas is a freedom fighter." Good.

Choose freedom - make an end to the disarmament agenda.

CLW .45

Gunrunner
12-15-2016, 03:29 PM
And don't forget to click the $5 donation button. :rolleyes:

Swampdonkey
12-15-2016, 11:15 PM
Fire the CFC staff, hire more judges. It really is that simple.

Except we have a runaway activist judiciary. They don't even respect mandatory minimums, which were put in place expressly to slowthe revolving door.

firemachine69
12-16-2016, 05:56 AM
Except we have a runaway activist judiciary. They don't even respect mandatory minimums, which were put in place expressly to slowthe revolving door.

That's a result of lack of selectivity. If we keep allowing the Liberals to name the judges to the bench, we really shouldn't be surprised by their leaning. :)

Foxer
12-16-2016, 11:33 AM
That's a result of lack of selectivity. If we keep allowing the Liberals to name the judges to the bench, we really shouldn't be surprised by their leaning. :)

Sadly true.

CLW .45
12-31-2016, 11:15 PM
And Maxime asks for more.

CLW .45, there’s one hour left.

We’ve shattered our goal.

We’ve raised more than a million dollars this year, and it’s not over yet.

Freedom.

Fairness.

Responsibility.

Respect.

Click here to donate now.

Happy New Year!

Maxime Bernier

Maxime,

My family and I, in common with the other two million firearms owners in Canada, would like a little freedom, fairness, responsibility, and respect.

Instead, we are criminalized, our possessions are prohibited, and we are denied access to the tools with which we may fulfil our responsibility to protect our loved ones. Denied by a requirement to demonstrate need. A requirement that demonstrates a shocking disrespect for the lives, liberty and security of the persons we love.

Freedom, fairness, responsibility, and respect.

It is time to get off the pot, and convince us that they are meant for us!

CLW .45

Swampdonkey
01-01-2017, 12:47 AM

It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission, compliance is practically consent.

FLQ, Indians, Muslims have two things in common - preferential treatment, and terrorism.

Peaceful petitioning is for chumps.

Sinbad
01-01-2017, 03:34 AM
None of these candidates answer any of my questions when I ask. All I hear is blah blah blah trudolt must be stopped,donate donate donate. no answers,no money. Find another sucker

Gunrunner
01-01-2017, 05:13 AM
Blaney is our man.
All he has to do is what he did before ... keep the RCMP off of our backs.
He has a proven track record as a gun tolerant public safety minister.
He will also garner more support in Quebec than any of the others.
Sorry, Charlton Heston or Gary Breitkreuz aren't running, so we have to pick the best from the litter of CPC leadership candidates that we got and that's Blaney.
I'll take a guy with a proven gun tolerant track record over a bunch of red tories in sheeps clothing.

Gunrunner
01-01-2017, 05:24 AM
And Maxime asks for more.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd425/Abohoi/red-button_zpsb355417d.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Abohoi/media/red-button_zpsb355417d.gif.html)
Yup, don't forget to press the donate button
to support your favorite RED tory.

firemachine69
01-01-2017, 05:59 PM
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd425/Abohoi/red-button_zpsb355417d.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Abohoi/media/red-button_zpsb355417d.gif.html)
Yup, don't forget to press the donate button
to support your favorite RED tory.

I think it's quite a stretch to call Bernier a "red tory"... The reality TV dolt... Not so much!

CLW .45
01-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Blaney is our man.
All he has to do is what he did before ... keep the RCMP off of our backs.
He has a proven track record as a gun tolerant public safety minister.
He will also garner more support in Quebec than any of the others.
Sorry, Charlton Heston or Gary Breitkreuz aren't running, so we have to pick the best from the litter of CPC leadership candidates that we got and that's Blaney.
I'll take a guy with a proven gun tolerant track record over a bunch of red tories in sheeps clothing.

Kept the RCMP off our backs? Not!

Gunrunner
01-02-2017, 02:49 AM

Did he not roll back unilateral RCMP transfers of two firearms to prohibited status during his tenure as cpc psm?
He partially screwed up with c42 re the cfsc test challenge but I didn't say he was perfect.
He's the best of the currently fielded cpc leadership candidates but being the pick of a litter of poison pups isn't exactly an accolade.
Like I said ... chuck heston and gary breitkreuz aren't running so we have to pick from what we got.

Gunrunner
01-02-2017, 06:57 AM

Please list which of the current cadre of cpc leadership hopefuls WILL keep the RCMP off of our backs.

Some of them are spewing a lot of political vaguespeak but if they beat the odds and become PM of a CPC government they will soon drop us under the rolling bus tires.
At least o'leary has had the gonads to state his true position on guns ... a non gun owner would probably vote for him because of his financial savvy.

Blaney has actually backed his talk up with action as recently as 2015.
A lot like picking the best out of several half rotten fallen apples ... blaney is the least rotten of the choices we have.

Gunrunner
01-02-2017, 07:19 AM
CLW .45, there’s one hour left.

We’ve shattered our goal.

We’ve raised more than a million dollars this year, and it’s not over yet.

Freedom.

Fairness.

Responsibility.

Respect.

Click here to donate now.

Happy New Year!

Maxime Bernier

Maxime,

My family and I, in common with the other two million firearms owners in Canada, would like a little freedom, fairness, responsibility, and respect.

Instead, we are criminalized, our possessions are prohibited, and we are denied access to the tools with which we may fulfil our responsibility to protect our loved ones. Denied by a requirement to demonstrate need. A requirement that demonstrates a shocking disrespect for the lives, liberty and security of the persons we love.

Freedom, fairness, responsibility, and respect.

It is time to get off the pot, and convince us that they are meant for us!

CLW .45

Communications are supposed to be 2-way but it seems in your conversation with bernier that on the subject of guns you're talking to yourself.
Not a word about the specifics of the subject you approached him about (firearms ownership in canada) in any of his replies.

Of course gun owners who are grasping and scratching at each and every straw for a political savior will deem him to be pro gun just like they did with the cpc.
But that doesn't make it so.

firemachine69
01-02-2017, 07:31 AM
Communications are supposed to be 2-way but it seems in your conversation with bernier that on the subject of guns you're talking to yourself.
Not a word about the specifics of the subject you approached him about (firearms ownership in canada) in any of his replies.

Of course gun owners who are grasping and scratching at each and every straw for a political savior will deem him to be pro gun just like they did with the cpc.
But that doesn't make it so.

Did you notice the election down south? Where the anointed one was blocked from her guaranteed victory? You know, because her corruption and Soros' obsession with taking the Democratic party to the far left? Basically making the Dems unpalatable to 70% of the country?

Want to take a guess what a vividly pro-gun candidate would cause in Canada? :)

Gunrunner
01-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Did you notice the election down south? Where the anointed one was blocked from her guaranteed victory? You know, because her corruption and Soros' obsession with taking the Democratic party to the far left? Basically making the Dems unpalatable to 70% of the country?

Want to take a guess what a vividly pro-gun candidate would cause in Canada? :)

Hillary underestimated the innate distrust of elite persons, political groups and big institutional governments that Americans have.
Americans have shook off any attempts of the UN, Soros, IANSA and other new world order groups to put the slave collar on them each and every time.
I knew they would throw hillary down off of her high horse face first into the mud just for the "not hard to fool these hillbillies" looking down her nose contempt she showed them each & every day.
She overestimated herself and under estimated the american people.

Want to take a guess what a vividly pro-gun candidate would cause in Canada?:rolleyes:

Where would you find a vividly pro-gun person to be a "vividly pro-gun candidate" in this country?
Frankly I'm surprised that there are any guns left in canada at all.

If such a vividly pro-gun person could be found he'd probably be publicly tarred & feathered on social media by gun owners like montague or the nfa were for actually attempting to do something other than lip service for the pro-gun activism cause.

Don't they get it? Canadian pro-gun activism is all about talk. You're not actually supposed to do stuff.:rolleyes:

CLW .45
01-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Did he not roll back unilateral RCMP transfers of two firearms to prohibited status during his tenure as cpc psm?
He partially screwed up with c42 re the cfsc test challenge but I didn't say he was perfect.
He's the best of the currently fielded cpc leadership candidates but being the pick of a litter of poison pups isn't exactly an accolade.
Like I said ... chuck heston and gary breitkreuz aren't running so we have to pick from what we got.

Yes, he put them right back where they were - waiting to be prohibited.

And all it takes to make them prohibited again is an OIC.

Don't tell anyone with Butler Creek magazines for their 10/22 that Blaney kept the RCMP off our backs. They may become abusive.

So far, not one candidate has demonstrated an understanding of the requirement to make a substantial change to the law.

This morning I wrote to Tony Clement, CPC public safety critic, and copied most leadership hopefuls.

Sir,

The simple use, carriage, and possession of firearms has been criminalized.

Various firearms, devices, and ammunition have been prohibited.

A requirement to demonstrate "need" is used to deny access to various provisions.

Firearms owners were betrayed, by the refusal of the Harper government to make substantial changes to the law. We now suffer under a Liberal regime that continues to use criminalization, prohibition, and "need" against us.

Substantial change goes to the very nature of that law. Nothing in the Firearms Act and precious little in part III of the criminal code is of any value.

And yet, not one leadership hopeful has demonstrated any understanding of the requirement to make substantial change.

We have been asked to trust that they "support" us. We simply ask that they give us something more than a campaign promise in which to trust. Promises just don't cut it.

Thank you,

CLW .45

murph83
01-03-2017, 12:44 PM

Don't tell anyone with Butler Creek magazines for their 10/22 that Blaney kept the RCMP off our backs. They may become abusive.

So far, not one candidate has demonstrated an understanding of the requirement to make a substantial change to the law.

This morning I wrote to Tony Clement, CPC public safety critic, and copied most leadership hopefuls.

hopefully, someone actually takes the time to start paying attention to the words being used and starts taking steps to enact the real change that is needed. This is not a difficult concept to understand, we just need one of these politicians to get off their ass and get on it.

Gunrunner
01-03-2017, 12:53 PM

The RCMP prohibited the 2 subject firearms and Blaney using the new powers in c42 reversed that decision. I don't think that was a bad thing?

Weren't the butler creek 25 shot magazines prohibited after the change of government on goodale's watch?

It can be safely assumed that the cpc does not support substantial change to the firearms laws.

A vote for the cpc is a vote for the status quo (freeze motion - no change). A vote for any of the other parties (NDP, LPC, GRN) is a vote for more draconian, punitive firearms laws than we have now.

So your choices in October 2019 are 1) vote for no or little change, 2) vote for more severe gun laws and confiscations, 3) stay home and watch the ball game on election day.

CLW .45
01-03-2017, 01:29 PM
The RCMP prohibited the 2 subject firearms and Blaney using the new powers in c42 reversed that decision. I don't think that was a bad thing?

So it wasn't a bad thing - it wasn't a good thing either. It didn't fix the problem - prohibition.

Weren't the butler creek 25 shot magazines prohibited after the change of government on goodale's watch?

Yes. But that couldn't have been done if the problem had been fixed. Yeah - prohibition.

It can be safely assumed that the cpc does not support substantial change to the firearms laws.

A vote for the cpc is a vote for the status quo (freeze motion - no change). A vote for any of the other parties (NDP, LPC, GRN) is a vote for more draconian, punitive firearms laws than we have now.

A vote for "the status quo" isn't. The firearms act, as it stands, ensures that more draconian measures will be taken. They may be reinterpretation or they may be revision of current regulations, or propagation of new. They may be new prohibitions by OIC. There is no status quo while the firearms act exists.

So your choices in October 2019 are 1) vote for no or little change, 2) vote for more severe gun laws and confiscations, 3) stay home and watch the ball game on election day.

You may sit around and wait until 2019.

Or you could use the only thing you have that is of any value to the CPC, your support, to convince them to get with the program - adopt substantial change as their lifeline. Adopt it, or languish forever in the political desert.

It really doesn't make a damn bit of difference what party rapes you.

But, when there is a possibility of avoiding rape, rather than just hoping for a kinder/gentler rape, it is best to fight to avoid it.