PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Flash Hider

3MTA3
08-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Is it advantageous/orthwhile to replace the Norinco Flashider with USGI ?

Hungry
08-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Not really, I just like having access to the front end. So I like knocking them off. I also get annoyed about that welding job in the front end... can you say, Kaliphornia Rifle?

With that in mind, I like my M1A flash suppressor with the PING sound... Others like the SA brakes other tacticool brakes.... :D Use what works for you.

Cheers,
Barney

computermike
08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I took mine off for the same reason. try taking it off and if you get it off without marring it too badly (or at all) then reinstall and you are good to go. If you bugger it up getting it off then worry about replacing it. Beware of spare parts. They have a way of leading to more rifles. :)

3MTA3
08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
I did get it off,hardest part was the ^@#@iN set screw,I was going to taper the inside, but was wondering how much effect it would have.

roughneck12
08-22-2012, 08:54 PM
The set screw from the Norc didn't work on my USGI so I snugged down the castle nut really tight. Hopefully it doesn't back off.

computermike
08-23-2012, 11:14 AM
My USGI flashhider split at the muzzle. Not sure what happened there but I have a set screw if you need it. :(

roughneck12
08-23-2012, 11:21 AM
PM sent.

Otokiak
08-24-2012, 12:04 AM
My USGI flashhider split at the muzzle. Not sure what happened there but I have a set screw if you need it.

Any pics computermike? Sorry to hear that! I'm considering switching to a USGI flash-hider on this stock Norinco I got from a friend recently!

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

computermike
08-24-2012, 08:46 AM
I'll put pics up on Monday when I break out the toys on my day off. Basically the cage portion of the flash-hider split where the finger of the cage meets the ring at the muzzle. I rapped on it with a rubber mallet to install it and tighten it down but I would hope that didn't break it.