PDA

View Full Version : ATN X-Sight HD

WolfAmongSheep
09-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Came across this the other day when looking at scopes. Thoughts?

https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight2-hd-day-night-rifle-scope-5-20x?gclid=CPKAgI7P_c4CFZNlfgodD4QPQw

Strewth
09-07-2016, 01:14 PM
I don't know? I was going to dismiss it offhand based on price, but their other products are in line...I don't know a lot about night vision and HD microdisplay, need to find a review by someone knowledgeable.

Very cool if legit though!

lone-wolf
09-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Early Gen1s were not without problems, firmware updates seem to have made them fantastic, with the gen2 seeming having better processing power - quicker response time on menus and calculations.
Going from reviews.
The Zoom is digital. Like on a digital camera, once you go past optical zoom(which this has none beyond 5x) into digital zoom - you're losing resolution and detail.

If you search youtube and nightvision forums, ratters and pest controllers in the UK have been homebrewing the same setup for years. ATN is capitalizing on this with a purpose built version of the DIYer's designs.

The sightmark/yukon photon xt is also a budget nv to consider, seems to be getting good reviews.

Eventually my 10/22 will be re-purposed from plinker, to a nv setup with one of these scopes.

Buster
09-07-2016, 09:39 PM
I've been wanting them since I came across them a couple years ago. I've watched a ton of YouTube tricks, there's even a forum for xsight owners... They seem to be worth every penny. Which reminds me wolverine is expecting some this fall, I need to get on the list.