PDA

View Full Version : Trick to reconnect SKS trigger assembly to stock/receiver.

harbl_the_cat
08-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I was cleaning one of my new Norinco's this morning and having one heck of a time trying to get the trigger assembly to lock into the the leaf retention spring/latch.

I spent about 15 minutes trying to get it in when I had a blinding stroke of the obvious.

I dug around in my tool drawer and pulled out a C-clamp (I think 6"), and if you can't mentally picture what I did next, you probably have no business disassembling an SKS.

Needless to day, I had my trigger assembly re-inserted 30 seconds later with no damage to the gun:

This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.cksinfo.com/clipart/construction/tools/clamps/C-clamp.png

road kill
08-10-2012, 11:18 AM
For sure my russian sks requires a really good smack to seat the trigger. I use the rubber handle on a hammer, the side of my fist is way to delicate.

lone-wolf
08-10-2012, 11:51 AM
It helps being a fat man and putting all my weight into it.

For being a 'junk commie gun', the sks is very tightly built in my opinion, and worth more then the price we pay.

Iron Curtain
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
i slap it with the palm of my hand . tougher ones , i slap it twice .

skully
08-10-2012, 03:39 PM
i slap it with the palm of my hand . tougher ones , i slap it twice .

agreed, i just smack it in place. on the good days i just press it in with my hands. they are simple enough that you can field strip and clean without any tools(i see the cleaning kit as part of the gun not a tool)

JustBen
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
"In mother russia, SKS assembles you!"

cmiller82
08-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I find that if the receiver isn't seated in the stock completely then the trigger is difficult to put in.
The C-clamp solves that. :-)

When I'm having problems I press the stock hard against the receiver and then the trigger fits in without too much force.