PDA

View Full Version : center fold

Dewey Cox
10-01-2016, 05:05 PM
First of all, I really enjoy the magazine.
Second,
Have you guys ever considered having a poster in the center section of your magazine? Your covers are always quite striking, and a few recent issues have made me think they should be up on the wall.
I figure if people hung up more pictures of guns, it would get people used to seeing them, and talking about them, and maybe they'd seem less taboo to non gun owners.
You could even sell some pricier advertising in the margin.

When I was just a boy, my favorite part of my OWL magazine subscription was the poster in the middle, and I guess i just haven't grown up.

Kenwp
10-01-2016, 07:02 PM
I can remember many many years ago Field and Stream had a centerfold of Phyllis Diller in a pair of fishing waders. They advertise it for months they were going to have a center fold picture and that was it turned out to be.

RangeBob
10-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Phyllis Diller

She did my favourite television commercial of all time.

In the early 1970's she was there with dyed purple hair (before it was popular), a green blouse, with an orange scarf, and she said "My hair is blond, my blouse is tan, and my scarf is tree bark brown. If these aren't the colours you are seeing then you need a new colour television by RCA!"

Calibre
10-02-2016, 10:24 AM
That is not a bad idea... I'll ponder it. And thank you for the kind words; I've been trying to pretty the magazine up some with the photography so I appreciate your compliment immensely!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk