PDA

View Full Version : We took radio personalities shooting last week...

Calibre
10-12-2016, 02:59 PM
... and they're airing the audio package now: http://player.cknw.com/#/

I'll update this post once it's aired because then it'll be available in their Audio Vault. A video package is coming too.

Pizzed
10-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtn0bLGLmZs

blacksmithden
10-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Two more to add to the educated opinion list. WELL DONE SIR !!!!

mavrik9
10-12-2016, 08:50 PM
I have watched the video already, great job educating them about law abiding gun owners.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

RangeBob
10-12-2016, 09:36 PM
from cgn's thread about the same thing

What kind of flashlight mount is at @0:10 into the video???

Surefire light/mount.

Brilliant !

coastal
10-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Great video! Wonderful to see them so receptive.

Relic49
10-13-2016, 05:02 AM
Great job on educating these people on what responsible firearm owners has to go thru to enjoy the sport.

Doug_M
10-13-2016, 06:40 AM
"Off the bucket list but I don't think I'd do it again"

"I'd absolutely do it again, over and over and over again!"

Priceless!

Malus
10-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Good job guys!!!!

harbl_the_cat
10-13-2016, 02:13 PM
Nice video, but whose the Jay's fan not wearing eye protection? The lady also was on camera had a cut away where she was putting on her safety glasses while someone else was shooting.

No matter the range, you should always wear eye protection when on a hot range, especially when shooting steel.

Also, I think it's well worth bringing up the point every time that even an AR-15 is far less powerful than a motor vehicle and how the Canadian gun culture is one that is far more safety focused than the American gun culture.

In the wrong hands, an AR-15 is far less dangerous than a motor vehicle in the wrong hands, either through negligence or intent and that is a very easily demonstrable fact.

That lady still seems to think you go into God-mode everytime you pick up a pistol, but the reality is, you're far more closer to God-mode when you key the ignition to your car than anytime you pick up a firearm.

Still a good video, but a good takeaway for all of us is to bring up those points whenever we try to convince someone about gun ownership.

DanN
10-13-2016, 02:22 PM
An AR-15 is far less powerful than a lot of the rifles in the non-restricted pile, too. The .223 / 5.56 cartridge is really an entry level center-fire round.

Gateway round? :)

Calibre
10-14-2016, 05:50 PM
Nice video, but whose the Jay's fan not wearing eye protection? The lady also was on camera had a cut away where she was putting on her safety glasses while someone else was shooting.

No matter the range, you should always wear eye protection when on a hot range, especially when shooting steel.

Also, I think it's well worth bringing up the point every time that even an AR-15 is far less powerful than a motor vehicle and how the Canadian gun culture is one that is far more safety focused than the American gun culture.

In the wrong hands, an AR-15 is far less dangerous than a motor vehicle in the wrong hands, either through negligence or intent and that is a very easily demonstrable fact.

That lady still seems to think you go into God-mode everytime you pick up a pistol, but the reality is, you're far more closer to God-mode when you key the ignition to your car than anytime you pick up a firearm.

Still a good video, but a good takeaway for all of us is to bring up those points whenever we try to convince someone about gun ownership.

We had an hour. With the time to set up, film, re-shoot, etc... it was more like 30 minutes.