PDA

View Full Version : NFA Elections

DaScribbler
10-13-2016, 10:12 AM
I know the NFA is not active here anymore, but I was just curious if any NFA Members actually got to vote in the recent NFA Election.

A couple months ago I received Nomination forms from the NFA for their upcoming election. Yesterday I receive an E-mail telling me the Election is over and listing the results.

As a NFA member I don't remember ever receiving a Ballot or a list of Candidates to vote for. Manitoba doesn't have a NFA Director at the moment but I imagine I should have received a ballot to at least vote on the Executive.

Anyone get to vote?

Sinbad
10-13-2016, 03:06 PM
I dropped my membership. I sent emails asking questions and nobody ever replied.

RobertMcC
10-13-2016, 03:13 PM
I didn't bother renewing this year.

blacksmithden
10-13-2016, 06:23 PM
I'm done with them. After that circus side show that went on, I've lost all faith that they can actually be a benefit to us.

TJSpeller
10-13-2016, 07:15 PM
I'm done with the NFA. Not a member any more. Sadly two years ago, before they imploded, I wasted a bunch of money buying memberships for other gun owners. What a waste.

RangeBob
10-13-2016, 07:17 PM
My plan was basically Foxer's advice:
- cancel my membership (done)
- wait for a general election to give the board a mandate (?)
- then likely renew my membership, unless they elect Hillary Clinton.

If they had a 'general election' but didn't let the members vote, that's not remotely good enough.

Rory McCanuck
10-13-2016, 08:25 PM
Let me guess, Sheldon elected himself?

DaScribbler
10-14-2016, 01:04 AM
I originally bought a multi-year membership during the No Compromise Campaign well before they imploded. My Membership will expire in early 2017. Unfortunately, given all the issues NFA has had in the last couple years, I doubt I'll be renewing.

Had I got an actual vote, as per my full membership.... who knows...

RobertMcC
10-14-2016, 09:29 AM
I lead the charge to have them removed from CGN, I as a member got tired of being censored. How could they fight for me, when they were battling themselves like poo flinging monkeys.

Facepalm
10-14-2016, 09:33 AM
Dead Org, members left.

Report the org to the http://www.servicealberta.ca/ website, there use to be a spot you could complain

Swampdonkey
10-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Let me guess, Sheldon elected himself?

Da, Comrade.

Mark-II
10-14-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm guessing that in future they will only be relevant when some yellow journalist needs someone to fill the role of Unhinged Redneck Gun Lobby Person From A Group That Sounds Like NRA in an interview that will be heavily edited to the point of being more fiction than fact.

RangeBob
10-14-2016, 04:43 PM
So, as I read this thread thus far...
There's no information on if a general election was held.
There's no information on who got to vote in that election.

Here's something [abridged]:

September 2, 2016
NFA announces that elections will be held for the Board of Directors
Each nomination shall be delivered to the secretary of the Association by October 1
The Association shall provide to each voting member, by November 1, a ballot listing the names of the candidates for his or her electoral region.
Voting members shall return their ballots by December 1
http://new.nfa.ca/canadas-national-firearms-association-announces-that-elections-will-be-held-for-the-board-of-directors/

October 12, 2016
NFA Director 2016 Election Results
the NFA team were elected by acclamation
Sheldon Clare serving a 2 year term
Blair Hagen serving a 1 year term
the new board of directors shall take office immediately
http://new.nfa.ca/894621/

what just happened here?
As I said, abridged. Read the links for more details.
As for if you end up confused or clarified, ...

I'm guessing that some provinces had insufficient nominees, and thus those provinces have been acclaimed with whomever was nominated,
and those provinces that had several nominees, the election by ballot will continue in the coming months.

If my assumption is correct, then that Sheldon Clare and Blair Hagen fell into the insufficient nominees category, is not what I would have preferred.

kennymo
10-14-2016, 04:46 PM
^^ So it's not safe to let the membership vote yet? Or what just happened here?

DanN
10-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Someone better check to see if Sheldon is sleeping with Wendy.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk