PDA

View Full Version : Firearms in a household

Lazagna
11-08-2016, 08:53 PM
While watching the election, my wife and I had a discussion about husbands and wives with only one of them having a PAL.

If one member has a PAL, or applies for a PAL, does the other member have a police check too?

If one member has a criminal record, to the point where that person cannot travel to the US, would that prevent the other from obtaining a PAL?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

greywolf67nt
11-08-2016, 09:07 PM
I think the only time it would be an issue would be if your partner had a prohibition.
For years there was 4 of us living in our house and I was the only one with a PAL. The key point is No unauthorized access.

lone-wolf
11-08-2016, 09:08 PM
If one member has a criminal record, to the point where that person cannot travel to the US, would that prevent the other from obtaining a PAL?

That doesn't necessarily prevent the applier from obtaining a PAL. I know a couple at least who couldn't get into the US, but have a PAL.

Kind of ironic.

JustBen
11-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Well a DUI will keep you out of the USA.

RangeBob
11-09-2016, 01:18 AM
While watching the election, my wife and I had a discussion about husbands and wives with only one of them having a PAL.

The usual problem is if the unPALed finds the keys to the gun safe, they're liable to 10 years in prison.

If one member has a PAL, or applies for a PAL, does the other member have a police check too?
No.
But the unPALed is interviewed by the RCMP to see if the PALer is safe.