PDA

View Full Version : Ruger M77 MII .223 Rem : Anything I should know about it?

iamadiemand
12-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Purchased one used recently and so far it shoots pretty well. Trigger has been upgraded already (heard they we awful from manufacture) so is there anything else I should know about this rifle?

Marner
12-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Yes, it's a very good quality rifle. Ruger has discontinued the model 77 for a less expensive, lower quality replacement.

Petamocto
12-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Spend the extra money and get a CZ527, you won't regret it.

gtr
12-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Spend the extra money and get a CZ527, you won't regret it.

LOL.

iamadiemand
12-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Yes, it's a very good quality rifle. Ruger has discontinued the model 77 for a less expensive, lower quality replacement.

Good to know. Can't wait to get out and shoot some yotes with her.

kennymo
12-05-2016, 08:46 PM

The Model 77 Hawkeye would've replaced the Mark II and appears to still be in production. AFAIK it was only the small 77 in rimfire and pistol calibres that's no longer available.

JustBen
12-05-2016, 09:46 PM
The Model 77 Hawkeye would've replaced the Mark II and appears to still be in production. AFAIK it was only the small 77 in rimfire and pistol calibres that's no longer available.

Correct.

Marner
12-06-2016, 10:46 AM

Didn't realize the Hawkeye is a model 77.

kennymo
12-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Didn't realize the Hawkeye is a model 77.

Yep, Ruger updated the 77 Mark II a few years back giving it, among other tidbits, a nicer and adjustable trigger. The action remains basically the same. The scaled down version also being dubbed '77' is a hair confusing, though I don't think that version ever got the Mk II designation. An old boss had a 22 Magnum in stainless with the canoe paddle stock years back. It was a helluva nice gun....

iamadiemand
12-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Yep, Ruger updated the 77 Mark II a few years back giving it, among other tidbits, a nicer and adjustable trigger. The action remains basically the same. The scaled down version also being dubbed '77' is a hair confusing, though I don't think that version ever got the Mk II designation. An old boss had a 22 Magnum in stainless with the canoe paddle stock years back. It was a helluva nice gun....

So what other "tidbits" did the Hawkeye get over the Mk. II?

kennymo
12-06-2016, 01:23 PM
So what other "tidbits" did the Hawkeye get over the Mk. II?

I went searching since I couldn't remember....

In addition to the improved trigger, the stock was redesigned and there are a number of fairly minor cosmetic differences, like the Ruger logo laser engraved on the floor plate. If rumour is correct there are some subtle changes to the action as well, mostly to modify the machining process to speed up production. Though it is essentially still the same action as the Mk II, unlike the American rifles. That's about it so far as I can tell.....

iamadiemand
12-07-2016, 06:35 PM
I went searching since I couldn't remember....

In addition to the improved trigger, the stock was redesigned and there are a number of fairly minor cosmetic differences, like the Ruger logo laser engraved on the floor plate. If rumour is correct there are some subtle changes to the action as well, mostly to modify the machining process to speed up production. Though it is essentially still the same action as the Mk II, unlike the American rifles. That's about it so far as I can tell.....

So the only real change is basically the trigger. Perfect. Thanks