PDA

View Full Version : Rate the last movie(s) you've seen

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

FlyingHigh
08-22-2012, 07:11 PM
The Avengers: 9/10. i laughed, i cried, i saw Scarlett Johansson in tights. also..."what are you without your suit?"..."genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist". so classic.

Battleship: 7.5/10. stuff blew up, aliens got owned, there was a smoking hot blonde. 'nuff said.

The Dictator: 9/10. I pissed myself laughing.

The Hunger Games: 9/10. Gritty, good story, good acting.

Batman: The Dark Knight (2008): 3/10. i hate batman, i really do. he's a jumped up rich boy on steroids. not a superhero. the only redeeming feature of this movie was Heath Ledger as the Joker. filmography was nothing to write home about either, especially for such a hyped up movie. i won't even bother with the newest batman movie.

jonanddad
08-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Total Recall: 7/10 Not bad for a "remake"

The Campaign: 7.5 Funny and I like Will Ferrell

Men in Black III: 7/10 not as good as the first 2 and missed the talking dog

Prometheus: 6/10 Could have been way better

The Hunger Games: 9.5/10 Liked the story behind it and good action

The Dictator: 9/10 Stupid funny

Battleship: 7.5/10 Explosions and aliens

The Avengers: 9/10 Love Iron man lol

Rock of Ages: 6/10 Hate musicals but liked the music that was in it, I could sing along with 99% of the songs

Snow White and the Huntsman: 7/10 not bad to the main actress being the one from twilight, not a bad story line

That's my Boy: 7/10 Funny but could have had a better story

The Amazing Spider Man: 8/10 Does not go along with the other movies but this one was quite good

The Bourne Legacy: 7/10 Not as good as the originals but has good action and explosions

Those are all the ones I can remember going to in the last few months

rottweilerboy
08-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Expendables 2 , laughed my ass off , they bought their blanks by the tractor trailer load and used tag lines from lots of their previous movies , funny as hell . If you are looking for anything close to reality shoot 'em up wise , this aint it .

Ixian
08-26-2012, 10:49 AM
The Avengers 10/10 for the beating Hulk gives Loki on Stark tower.... Holy s**t!

lone-wolf
08-26-2012, 10:55 AM
The Cabin in the Woods 7/10
A well done fun movie. Just nothing epic to give it a higher rating.

Prairie Dog
08-26-2012, 10:56 AM
The Avengers 10/10 for the beating Hulk gives Loki on Stark tower.... Holy s**t!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLPl4yX5ew

Otokiak
08-28-2012, 10:38 AM
- The Dictator 9/10 as it was hilariously funny! "She let me Aladeen on her face!" HAHAHA.
- The Avengers 7/10 Scarlotte Johansson is one fine woman!
- FMJ 10/10 as it's just a classic movie and has the M14 in it! :D

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

westislandrifle
08-28-2012, 11:48 AM
JACK AND JILL 4/10 adam sandlers flop

Prairie Dog
09-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Expendables 2 , laughed my ass off , they bought their blanks by the tractor trailer load and used tag lines from lots of their previous movies , funny as hell . If you are looking for anything close to reality shoot 'em up wise , this aint it .

Finally got to see it tonight. Yeah, it's a shoot 'em up all right. Half the budget must have been for squibs and blood packs. It had some cheezy lines and so so acting in places but was still one hell of a good diversion. 7.5/10

lone-wolf
09-16-2012, 07:56 AM
I watched The Grey again last night. It's on the US Netflix.
8.5/10
I love this movie.

JustBen
09-16-2012, 09:28 AM
8.5/10
I love this movie.

I hope you wait until the credits are done... there's another scene, albeit, a very short one.

lone-wolf
09-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I like it better without that scene

Strewth
09-16-2012, 12:13 PM
8.5/10
I love this movie.

I haven't seen this yet, I'll grab it tonight, interesting to hear two opinions on the ...after credit scene? What is that called? There must be a shorter, catchier term...

Let's see, we just watched "What to Expect When Your Expecting", meh. As a chickflick I felt it was no "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days"...hmmm, oh! I just rewatched "Ravenous", love that movie! Mmm, and we caught "Batman" in the theatre, I really liked the first two in this trilogy, but MAN, that was a long roundabout way to edit a movie! Also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLyoog562x4

Prairie Dog
09-16-2012, 12:23 PM
I haven't seen this yet, I'll grab it tonight, interesting to hear two opinions on the ...after credit scene? What is that called? There must be a shorter, catchier term...

Isn't it called an Easter egg?

Strewth
09-16-2012, 12:50 PM
^Oh right! http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111107003558/runescape/images/1/1f/Emoticon-Facepalm.gif doh!

Rory McCanuck
09-16-2012, 12:58 PM
8.5/10
I love this movie.

Really?
Company hires a wolf hunter?
He throws away his rifle because the stock is broken at the wrist,
but then thinks taping shotgun shells to a sharpened stick is going
to be an effective wolf defense tool? Really?
Why not just click the heels of your ruby slippers together?
I won't get into the whole wolf bit...

Watched The Iron Lady the other night. Was expecting a story about
Maggie Thatcher, but it was more a story about her hallucinating in
an Alzheimer's stupor. It left me with the impression that it was
written by her very petulant daughter in an attempt to get back
at Maggie.

Saw The Immortals, I quite enjoyed it, wife thought it sucked.
Greek myths are not the easiest thing to adapt to the screen.

lone-wolf
09-16-2012, 01:14 PM
It's ok, he had a rifle and all he had was shotgun shells anyways??

I thought the movie was more of a man vs his own morality then a man vs nature movie. The wolves were death, chasing them.

Strewth
09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I thought the movie was more of a man vs his own morality then a man vs nature movie. The wolves were death, chasing them.

Yeah I took this from the movie as well...but maybe because I read your post first?
Good flick, I liked the wolves-reminded me of the one skinned in 300 (his hands are steady, his form...perfect.)and I see what you mean about the easter-egg, I like the ending in my head better(unicorns, Gargamel, rocket launchers...)

jfred
09-30-2012, 09:14 AM
End of Watch: 6.5/10 Would've rated it higher if not for the ridiculous muzzle flashes.

BuckingFastard
09-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Went to lawless on days off, definetly now one of my favorite movies. 10/10

lone-wolf
10-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Chernobyl Diaries
5/10, as in it was OK. Not great acting. Movie is watchable, slightly entertaining.

I really wanted this movie to be so much more. Bigger budget, better actors. The location and idea was wasted in this movie. Such disappointment, I hope someone takes the idea to a better level. I also think it would of been better just to name such a movie 'Pripyat'

BuckingFastard
10-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Checked out looper on the apple TV last night, it was pretty damn good for a futuristic scifi movie. Hmm 8/10

boomboy
10-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Just finished up "From Russia With Love". Loving the old Bond movies, earns itself an 8.5/10. Only fault was the fight choreographing on the train, that was a bit much for me.

BruceW
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Outpost (the 2011 or 12 nazi zombie movie). Solid 3/10. Every bit as dumb as you'd think it'd be. That being said; it beat what was on TV.

jonanddad
10-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Argo 10/10 wow! First movie that has kept me on the edge of my seat even tho I know what was going to happen! Will have to watch it again!

Here Comes The Boom 7/10 entertaining and as expected

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Bullwhip
10-15-2012, 07:03 PM
-Scifi geek on-
Prometheus 4/10 - Its bad when you're cheering for the character you are supposed to hate (Charlize). And Damon Lindelof is a talentless hack who would even screw up writing knock knock jokes or bathroom stall graffitti.

Dredd 9/10 - went in with low expectations and was very pleasantly surprised, to the point it really struck a chord with me and consider it one of the better action movies of the year. Nice lean storytelling with only a couple plot points that could have been better.

Looper 7/10 - went in with high expectations and, while enjoying it, was slightly let down. Took a seemingly large story and missed out on a lot of areas it could have explored or been more inventive.
-Scifi geek off-

BruceW
12-21-2012, 08:33 AM
The Hobbit (2012) I'd give it a reluctant 7/10. I'd give it less, but it was much better than Not seeing a new Tolkein based movie.
Lot's of filler. Could've been a half hour shorter and not lost a thing. If you're expecting something epic like the rings trilogy, this ain't it.

BruceW
01-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Darkest Hour. Solid 7. Russian alien movie. Was OK.

django. Too terrible to rate. We made it through about 5 minutes before canning it. Luckily we had another movie to watch.

What, are we the only one's watching movies?

JustBen
01-08-2013, 02:21 PM
The Hobbit (2012) I'd give it a reluctant 7/10. I'd give it less, but it was much better than Not seeing a new Tolkein based movie.
Lot's of filler. Could've been a half hour shorter and not lost a thing. If you're expecting something epic like the rings trilogy, this ain't it.

I'll give the film itself an 8/10. It was a good movie, but they really stretched some things out.

Mass-effect
01-08-2013, 06:16 PM
No film as of late can make me laugh like the recent Three Stooges remake. Based on my preferences, i dont see that changing until somebody fills Abbot and Costellos shoes :)

FlyingHigh
01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
The Hobbit: 6/10.

It had too much of a childish feel. It was nothing like the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There were too many things that were trying to be comedic and light hearted.

That and everyone in the theater going "awwww..." when Gollum was doing the bambi eyes and having his monologues with himself kind of killed it for me. It's Gollum. He's not a lovable character...he's a obsessed freak.

BuckingFastard
01-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Sorry Bruce I don't agree the darkest was low budget & piss poor acting, sh*ty story line. I liked django.

"Man with the iron fist" was excellent, had just right amount of new style special effects and old school martial arts film type screen play

jwirecom109
01-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I watched the Looper last night.

It was a good movie if you can shut your brain off and not see all the problems with their story-lines.

Time travel paradoxes are one thing, but there was too many in it that caused my brain to hurt.

7/10

BuckingFastard
01-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Seven psychopath's is a solid win, I really like how the story intertwines through out the movie

Rory McCanuck
01-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Seven psychopath's is a solid win, I really like how the story intertwines through out the movie

Just finished watching it. Pretty good!
Looper was alright, but lacked ... dunno.
Cloud Atlas was complicated. Six stories together, I liked it, wife thought it was weird.

Asphalt Cowboy
01-09-2013, 03:26 PM
the New Total Recall was 10 out of 10 , looper was about a 7

Rory McCanuck
01-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Total Recall spent more time explaining the original movie than worrying about its own.
But it had Jessica Biel, and that makes up for just about anything.

BuckingFastard
01-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Total recall was good, but I feel ya rory, spent a lot of time telling the wife about the original.

Life of PI was not my usual movie pick but was a good family movie about struggles & survival, if you can deal with very little subtitles but thick accents

BruceW
01-09-2013, 06:42 PM

I've been wanting to see that for quite some time.

Haywire1
01-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Dredd 8 out of 10. it ignored the first pathetic attempt, had a feel more suited to the comics. some areas dragged. overall, a decent popcorn flick

awndray
01-20-2013, 03:56 PM
http://youtu.be/oc0x-jiewTE

I saw the advanced screening last week and I was pleasantly surprised. A bit of comedy, some cheesy one-liners, plenty of action and a couple of hot chicks. Lots of guns (hi there, anti-gun Arnie)! The ZR1 sounds pretty amazing and the car scenes aren't too over done, other than the end. Good mindless entertainment value.

By the way, it looks like he's doing the Twins sequel, Triplets with DeVito and Eddie Murphy. Legend of Conan is also in the works.

chuckbuster
01-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Nazis at the Centre of the Earth. So bad you have to watch it. 1 out of 10...and only because of a brief boob scene.

Asphalt Cowboy
01-21-2013, 03:01 AM
nice !! my kid loves him , he works out in our gym daily ...

Asphalt Cowboy
02-03-2013, 01:45 AM
just watched this today and have to say this is the best movie that I have seen in the last 5 years hands down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2K9GzgiF0

FlyingHigh
02-03-2013, 07:11 PM
i gotta agree with you Asphalt. I watched it the other night and really enjoyed it.

I watched Argo last night. maybe a 6 out of 10. it didn't blow me away but it held my interest.

jdman
02-04-2013, 09:34 AM
end of watch-9/10 great movie that will keep you going WTF!!
thats my boy- 7/10 funny movie.

Grain
02-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Skyfall - 7/10 - really enjoyed it (I grade hard)

TV-PressPass
02-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I liked most of End of Watch, but found it a little bit weird when popping in and out of "their cameras" versus "movie cameras"

Last movie I watched in theaters was Zero Dark Thirty, which I found immensely satisfying.

Grain
02-04-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm not a fan of the "hand held" movies. Some are better than others, End of Watch was a good film, but IMO would have been better without the hand held parts. Contagion (remake of Spanish film Rec) was a movie that could have been a really good horror film, but was wrecked by the hand held shtick.

boomboy
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
End of Watch was actually the last movie I've watched as well, I'd give it a solid 8/10. Lots of good action with just the right blend of humor. Only two things bothered me though. Fristly Jake Gyllenhaal's character holding up a glock 22, with the 22 rollmark clearly visible calling it a glock 19. As well as the CGI blood-splatter in the shootouts. I miss the squibs of the "older" productions like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.

jdman
02-05-2013, 03:34 AM
^^ all and all though, if you look beyond the few mistakes int he flick, it is a great movie.

TV-Press, i think that was to give you a look similar to a ride along sort of perspective.

Asphalt Cowboy
02-05-2013, 05:01 PM
TV-Press, i think that was to give you a look similar to a ride along sort of perspective.

that's what I liked about it the most

superbrad
02-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Skyfall - the latest bond...

Watched it with the gf who is not a movie slash bond fan and it was really good... The debate on the greatest bond continues... 8.5

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

blaxsun
02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Django. The wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 4.5/5.

Kevin M.
02-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Movie theater has this new thing where they let people vote for their favorate old movies and they will show it on monday nights for about $6.00.

Just watched Jaws for the first time in a few years, awesome movie, a real classic.

I won't be going into the ocean anytime soon without an M1 and a few scuba tanks.

9.5/10

SMILE YOU SON OF A BI..BOOM!!!!

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/14/309779cd20a5490d7b31f421efc486f1/l.jpg

Next movie to watch... Django.

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
02-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Jerusalem Countdown 9.0/10 - was quite surprised by this little diamond in the rough. Randy Travis, Sacey Keachand and David White round out the cast

Found on American Netflix

jdman
02-08-2013, 10:53 AM
flight- 9/10 great movie

Mass-effect
02-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Skyfall - the latest bond...

Watched it with the gf who is not a movie slash bond fan and it was really good... The debate on the greatest bond continues... 8.5

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Live and Let Die :)

M.T. Chambers
02-08-2013, 05:28 PM
I'll catch alot of grief for this but......I don't watch anything Hollywood if it contains guns, car chases, or other violence...let me explain......They use guns to the extreme in movies, glorifying the ILLEGAL use of firearms, making millions doing it!! However, the looney left, that is Hollywood, don't want us to be able to use guns for self defense, hunting, recreation, etc. so this cowboys not gonna support them!!!! Go ahead, flame away, but I've got thick skin, and am usually well armed.....Ben

Strewth
02-08-2013, 11:12 PM
I'll catch alot of grief for this but......I don't watch anything Hollywood if it contains guns, car chases, or other violence...let me explain......They use guns to the extreme in movies, glorifying the ILLEGAL use of firearms, making millions doing it!! However, the looney left, that is Hollywood, don't want us to be able to use guns for self defense, hunting, recreation, etc. so this cowboys not gonna support them!!!! Go ahead, flame away, but I've got thick skin, and am usually well armed.....Ben

Slow clap, hat tip, and hearty handshake, good sir.

Bullwhip
02-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Warm Bodies. Not bad for more or less a light teen flick with zombies. A good compromise movie to take the gf or wife to (some guns, some romance) with an interesting twist to the standard zombie scenario.

Also, Theresa Palmer can rock a cable-knit sweater better than anyone I can remember in a loooooong time. :)

chuckbuster
03-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Watched Ben Hur again, for the first time in a few years. The chariot race remains a classic.

8/10

Mikthaniel
03-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Argo, stellar movie...
9/10...
Watch through the credits...

Asphalt Cowboy
03-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Argo, stellar movie...
9/10...
Watch through the credits...

best movie we have seen all year .. true or not true I don't care ...

lone-wolf
03-11-2013, 12:39 AM
I'm not a fan of the "hand held" movies. Some are better than others, End of Watch was a good film, but IMO would have been better without the hand held parts. Contagion (remake of Spanish film Rec) was a movie that could have been a really good horror film, but was wrecked by the hand held shtick.

Quarantine is the remake.
Contagion is a different movie, the 'true to life' viral outbreak movie with Matt Damon.

I watch Rec 3 the other day, and it was a decent zombie flick(good time waster). It starts out hand held but that only lasts a few minutes then it goes to the normal movie perspective.
Seen Lincoln on the plane ride home a couple weeks ago, I enjoyed it. Don't know what to say, nothing crazy, just good acting and well made. I will probably never watch it again though.

Been watching a lot of Doug Stanhope & Jim Jefferies standup routines on netflix. Good stuff.

Prairie Dog
05-15-2013, 12:13 AM
Iron Man 3

5/10 Dragged in places, could have used more action. The first is still my favourite in this franchise.

Epoxy7
05-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Just watched Jack Reach with Tom Cruise.

It starts out cool with a reloading scene familiar to all of us. But unless you're Hungry or part of his M14 clinic you're going to have a tough time believing that the sniper rifle choice was a M14. Some clever dialogue but also a lot of dialogue that tries too hard to be clever. This movie had potential but ultimately it sucked.

Rating: Sucks a golf ball through a garden hose.

FlyingHigh
05-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Iron Man 3

7.5/10.

not bad, for a summer action flick. about what i was expecting. the one liners really saved it though.

CdnVet0506
05-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Star Trek: Into Darkness - 7.5/10 . Enough action to keep it going, with a story to boot. Lots of "Easter Eggs" to tie into the older series too

Prairie Dog
07-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Lone Ranger. Great 2 1/2 distraction! Great action, some yuks and good special FX. 8.5 outta 10.

Edenchef
07-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Watched "Quigley, Down Under" again last night. What a great movie, classic western. The acting was good, but the Sharpe's 45/110 steals the show for me. rating...movie 9/10, rifle 11/10! Gotta get me one of those one day!

Cheers!

jonanddad
07-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Hangover III: 5/10 First one was funny then it just went downhill fast
Despicable Me 2: 8/10 Yea its a "kids" movie but it is really funny!
Grown Ups 2: 8/10 I really enjoyed it was laughing almost the whole movie!

CdnVet0506
07-15-2013, 09:46 PM
World War Z - Right off, not a big brad Pitt fan - that being said, I totally enjoyed the movie. Went in from the start telling myself its a movie not the book (no way they could capture the book as is...). Highly entertaining. Must say... strictly from a "Zombie Apocolypse" point of view, I prefer my zombie slow and sauntering (easier to shoot :-)), the fast Olympic sprinter Zombies would scare the s*it out of me!!!!

VancouverSkiBum
07-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Cloud Atlas. 3rd time watching it, amazing movie, amazing storyline. Really makes you think and keeps you thinking. 10/10 At the end I just sit back and say, wow.

lone-wolf
07-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Elite Squad

Brazilian film on netflix. Centred around an elite squad of cops who think they're above the corruption, with a willingness to destroy any body who don't live up to their standards or get in the way. Pretty intense, nothing groundbreaking but well made. Subtitled.

Asphalt Cowboy
07-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Bullet to the Head .. Sly Stallone .. not bad , 8-10, few unexpected moments .. glad to see the old fart giving her shit !

TV-PressPass
07-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Elite Squad

Brazilian film on netflix. Centred around an elite squad of cops who think they're above the corruption, with a willingness to destroy any body who don't live up to their standards or get in the way. Pretty intense, nothing groundbreaking but well made. Subtitled.

I saw this a year or so ago and really enjoyed it.

Probably more FN-FAL gunfire in that movie than any other I've seen.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/69/TDE2-fal-4.jpg/800px-TDE2-fal-4.jpg

lone-wolf
07-22-2013, 03:37 PM
I see Elite Squad 2 is on the american netflix, might be tonight's feature.

TV-PressPass
07-23-2013, 01:21 PM
I actually didn't realize there was more than one! I watched the one with the subtitle "Enemy Within."

It sounds like a trashy commando movie from the title, but it has more in common with City of Men or other South American crime epics. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

lone-wolf
07-23-2013, 01:34 PM
I actually didn't realize there was more than one! I watched the one with the subtitle "Enemy Within."

It sounds like a trashy commando movie from the title, but it has more in common with City of Men or other South American crime epics. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

That's the second one, I'll watch the second one tonight.
I said it a million times, but for a straight action movie, The Raid: Redemption is hard to beat. More subtitled goodness.

TV-PressPass
07-23-2013, 03:14 PM
My girlfriend is currently trying to veto subtitled movies :( Makes me sad.

But I suppose it's what I get for trying to get her to watch Kurosawa films

Prairie Dog
07-27-2013, 11:52 PM
RED2. Great movie, better than the original. Good action, laughs, interesting array of firearms and characters. Catherine Zeta-Jones in a form fitting Russian uniform. 9.5/10

jonanddad
07-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Agreed Prarie Dog Red 2 was quite good totally forgot I went and seen it lol. I Ave been watching too many movies lately.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Asphalt Cowboy
08-01-2013, 12:06 AM
GI Joes just came out on PPV .. very well done and lots of action gotta love the extensive use of the Robinson Armament XCRs :)

Mass-effect
08-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Last night I watched 'The Man With The Iron Fists'. Im not a fan of Hip Hop, the Wu Tang Clan doesnt mean all that much to me, and I enjoy kung fu movies, but only as much as the next guy. But that was a VERY well made film. Very Entertaining, very clean writing, and very effective technically. Every Characters values are changed by the halfway point, Its divided very wel into the classic 3 act production, And again, not a fan of hip hop, and the score was entirely hip hop, but Ive got to say it was beautifully melodic, relevant, and very much added to the experience. The shoe fit well. I very much recomend this film to anyone with even the slightest patience for kung fu movies.
FULL DISCLOSURE: I watched this with a friend who is a big fan of classic kung fu movies, and though most of it pleased his expectations, he did make several notes of ways in which it was not true to a classic kung fu genre film. So if Kung Fu movies are your passion, You should know this and perhaps expect less than otherwise.

ReignCzech
08-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Movie4k,.... wolverine, red2, 42, oblivion, and another some zombie /ferral people attack on some another ice age colony that i fell asleep to last night.
all good movies I think, the latter, colony, i think was lame. The documentaries and war movies in the genres lists are pretty decent on that site.

Arrrrghh, pirate 'em up for free maties'

lone-wolf
08-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Yea, 'The Colony' was a decent time waster, but you'll forget about the movie as soon as the credits roll.

Rory McCanuck
08-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Warm Bodies. A zombie achieves consiousness and goes looking for love.
Kinda amusing, pretty cute, a great teenager's date movie.

lone-wolf
08-04-2013, 11:55 AM
The Place Beyond the Pines

A bit slow, but a decent watch. Not very impressive in any manner. Story is executed well, but it just didn't really grab my attention much.

FightingShiba's
08-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Watched Money Ball yesterday. Pretty good flick.

Rory McCanuck
08-13-2013, 01:55 AM
Olympus Has Fallen. 4/10
Omg.
Gerard Butler does pretty good at speaking American, but it's just wrong, and I just don't buy him as a killing machine.
I understand why they use CGI, I don't understand why they can't use good CGI.
Lotsa Boom Headshot, but disappointing.

ReignCzech
08-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Emperor, good movie IMO, ww2 aftermath and some explanation of the japanese surrender.
Age of heroes, good ww2 movie, commandos related.

coastal
08-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Oblivion, was actually kind of cool. 7/10

A strange one I watched was "Extract" very funny, almost seemed like an indi movie but had Jason Bateman, Ben Affleck and super hot Mila Kunis 8/10

lone-wolf
08-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Extract is one of Mike Judge's(King of the Hill, Office Space, ect.) independent film.

FALover
08-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Elysium. 5/10. Entertaining but not memorable.

lone-wolf
08-24-2013, 02:46 PM
The Conjuring
Surprisingly I have to give it an 7.5/10, thought Insidious(first half wasn't bad) was stupid, didn't have high hopes for this one.
Started the movie uninterested, and by the half way point I was pretty into it.

Rory McCanuck
08-24-2013, 03:17 PM
The Company You Keep with Robert Redford and Shia LeBeouf
7/10 a bit predictable, but still a pretty good story.

Oblivion Tom Cruz and Olga Kurylenko
8/10 Every character and action scene is an almost direct rip-off of some other movie, but the story more than makes up for it, even though the story itself reminds me of an Outer Limits episode.
I especially like the scene where Luke is being followed and then ambushes the three TIE fighters. Watch it and you'll know what I mean.
Still a pretty good movie, and I'd recommend it.

walperstyle
08-24-2013, 09:59 PM
The last few movies I watched were not seen for the first time, but Its because I love them enough to watch over and over again.

1) Greenzone. Matt Damon goes looking for WMD's, finds Iraqi high value targets instead, and has a translator that isn't happy with the world
2) Zero Dark Thirty. Basically the whole ULB mission explained through the woman that found him; not sure how fact based it is, but its a good movie. Powerful moments.
3) Body of Lies. Possibly my most favorite spy movie ever. Basically follows a field agent and his boss in Langley and how they manipulate assets and other sources to achieve a goal. Also has some awesome twists that show a really good perspective on how different organization's work fighting terrorists.

walperstyle
08-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Oblivion, was actually kind of cool. 7/10

I loved Oblivion, however, its basically the movie 'Moon' cleaned up and made better.

Star Trek: Into Darkness - 7.5/10 . Enough action to keep it going, with a story to boot. Lots of "Easter Eggs" to tie into the older series too

Yes. Anyone that watched Deep Space 9 will get another reference or two.

ReignCzech
08-26-2013, 07:09 AM
Man of tai chi, pretty good martial arts movie.
Despicable me 2, funny for the adults.

Satain
08-26-2013, 02:23 PM
3) Body of Lies. Possibly my most favorite spy movie ever. Basically follows a field agent and his boss in Langley and how they manipulate assets and other sources to achieve a goal. Also has some awesome twists that show a really good perspective on how different organization's work fighting terrorists.
Liked that one too and thanx for that ;)
Watched this one last night and if you have a few wobbley pops you will laugh your @$$ off...
Or at least I did.
Pain & Gain

lone-wolf
09-01-2013, 08:41 PM
R.I.P.D.
Entertaining. Reminded me of Men in Black.

I seen Pain & Gain as well and thought it was worth seeing for sure.

Body of Lies is a favourite of mine as well. walperstyle, if you haven't seen it, I found The Kingdom kind of fitting with the theme, and I thought it was really good.

JustBen
09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
"The Place Beyond the Pines"

Saw lots of commercials. It was terrible.

3/10

lone-wolf
09-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Yea, I had higher hopes for that movie.

FlyingHigh
09-01-2013, 10:39 PM
i watch R.I.P.D the other night as well. While I'm not a big Ryan Reynolds fan, I laughed pretty good at the movie. Jeff Bridges was gold.

8/10.

GlockGuy
09-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Elysium. 5/10. Entertaining but not memorable.

I agree.

Rory McCanuck
09-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Liked that one too and thanx for that ;)
Watched this one last night and if you have a few wobbley pops you will laugh your @$$ off...
Or at least I did.
Pain & Gain
I had one good LOL moment with P&G.
As he was barbecuing, I has the thought that this was supposed to be a true story.
Then they reminded us it was a true story. :eek1:
Pretty good movie.

walperstyle
09-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Body of Lies is a favourite of mine as well. walperstyle, if you haven't seen it, I found The Kingdom kind of fitting with the theme, and I thought it was really good.

Yep, that is another favorite movie of mine as well.

bettercallsaul
09-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Bullet to the Head (2012)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3f/Bullet_to_the_Head_Poster.jpg

This was directed by Walter Hill. Anyone who knows 80's action movies knows who Walter Hill is. He's produced, written and or directed some very memorable flicks. I felt like this movie was part of Sylvester Stallone and his action movie renaissance. I always thought Stallone was one of the best of the major 80's and 90's action movie stars, mostly because he took an active role in his movies. Now it seems as if he is trying to make action movies good again. For the longest time, movies like The Fast and the Furious, Triple XXX and other Vin Diesel trash was the norm for action movies. CGI, poor stories, lame ninja fight sequences. Bullet to the Head almost seemed like a trip back to the late 80's early 90's in it's realism and attention to detail, but it had a modern twist.

I'd give it 6/10.

Highlights include:
- Set in New Orleans,
- great drum, bass and guitar musical score,
- axe fight

This one got some terrible reviews and scores from critics... but considering what most critics think is good these days, it really doesn't matter.

lone-wolf
09-03-2013, 08:09 PM
World War Z
I really liked it. Hell, I might even buy the blu-ray of it.

It's on torrents.

JustBen
09-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Olympus Has Fallen

I'm sure some people would like it, but I didn't.

4/10.

FlyingHigh
09-03-2013, 11:38 PM
World War Z

8/10.

I've read the book, so I was interest to see how this movie played out. It was virtually nothing like the book at all. However, as a stand alone zombie movie, it was pretty decent. I enjoyed it enough I'll give it an 8. If it had held true to the book by the same name I'd have bumped it to 9.

Rory McCanuck
09-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Killing Season
De Niro and Travolta
4/10
Does have a Win '73 though, but the story seriously honked.

CdnVet0506
09-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Riddick - Pretty much what I expected.... Guns, boobs, blood, violence, monsters......
Good - mindless - entertainment

TV-PressPass
09-09-2013, 09:37 AM
World's End

8/10

Similar vibe to Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed. This was a fun movie to watch, and definitely left you feeling thirsty for a pint walking out of the theater!

lone-wolf
09-14-2013, 02:03 PM
This is the End

Went out on torrents yesterday.

Entertaining movie, pretty sure you know what you're in for.

Rory McCanuck
09-14-2013, 03:46 PM
A Dangerous Method. 8/10
Story about Freud and Jung at the turn of the century.
Not actiony at all, but a pretty interesting story.
Keira Knightly getting spanked is...memorable ;)

JustBen
09-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Elysium 7/10

I enjoyed the concept, and I like Matt Damon as an actor, but it wasn't his best work. Still a good movie to check out.

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
09-14-2013, 09:19 PM
World War Z

8/10.

I've read the book, so I was interest to see how this movie played out. It was virtually nothing like the book at all. However, as a stand alone zombie movie, it was pretty decent. I enjoyed it enough I'll give it an 8. If it had held true to the book by the same name I'd have bumped it to 9.

I haven't read the book but I loved the movie. I am a Walking Dead fan but I preferred how World War Z relied more on suspense than gore to keep you tense.

FlyingHigh
09-15-2013, 09:45 PM
This Is The End - 7/10

I thought it was pretty funny. You gotta have the right sense of humour for it though.

lone-wolf
09-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Resolution
7/10

Seen it on netflix. Movie kept my brain active, and a little creeped out. It's different.
I thought the two main actors were great.
Be warned, it's slow, and you need to pay attention.

CGO
09-22-2013, 04:32 PM
After Earth- 0/10

What a terrible movie. Between the shit story and Will Smith's son sounding like he is developmentally disabled it was hard to even finish.

lone-wolf
09-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Piratebay comments made me stay away from that movie, they said the samething.

Xtreme
09-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Warm Bodies 7.5 / 10 My 9 year old son loved it.

Now You See Me 8.5 / 10 Really enjoyed it, from start to finish. Good heist flick.

lone-wolf
10-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Pacific Rim
7/10, entertaining movie. Big robotic cyborg suit things vs giant lizard/turtle looking things, + ron pearlman was in it.

ReignCzech
10-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Pacific Rim
7/10, entertaining movie. Big robotic cyborg suit things vs giant lizard/turtle looking things, + ron pearlman was in it.

yeah, it was a good movie. sci-fi, godzilla, mech-warrior,... an alright concept, different, yet going along the lines of the godzilla stuff.

FlyingHigh
10-03-2013, 06:07 PM
i concure. Pacific Rim 7/10.

Charlie Hunnum (Sons of Anarchy) and Ron Pearlman (Hellboy) are both excellent actors. I thought it was a decent sci-fi shoot em up flick. Turn off your brain and watch stuff get destroyed. :)

Xtreme
10-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Not many people going to argue with Ron Pearlman being awesome.

FlyingHigh
10-04-2013, 07:04 PM
The Lone Ranger. 8.5/10.

The only reason this one doesn't rate higher is because of the main character's dislike of guns. "I don't believe in them" he says at one point. I simply can't respect that in a lawman. lol. Fortunately, he seems to come around near the end.

Johnny Depp's performance was outstanding as usual. I love it when he plays eccentric and odd characters. I just about died laughing.

Favorite quote of the movie: "Trying to decide if horse stupid, or just pretending to be stupid" followed by a bit later "Horse definitely stupid""

lone-wolf
10-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Yea, I enjoyed it as well. I like Depp's 'hat'

Asphalt Cowboy
10-19-2013, 06:50 PM
After Earth- 0/10

What a terrible movie. Between the shit story and Will Smith's son sounding like he is developmentally disabled it was hard to even finish.

worst movie we have seen in tha last 5 years hands down ..

watching Pacific Rim right now .. as far as CGI ?? top shelf right beside the peanut butter;D:popcorn:

FlyingHigh
10-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Furious 6 - give it about a 6/10. Not a big fan of the series, but this one wasn't too bad. Totally over the top, stupidly unrealistic movie but cheap laughs.

Kick Ass 2 - maybe a 5/10. just...just...not a great movie.

Asphalt Cowboy
10-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Furious 6 - give it about a 6/10. Not a big fan of the series, but this one wasn't too bad. Totally over the top, stupidly unrealistic movie but cheap laughs.

thanks for the warnin

Rory McCanuck
10-19-2013, 09:12 PM

Dang, I kinda liked the first one.
Might give it a go on a cold night soon anyways, just won't expect much out of it.

Watched Side Effects last night. 8/10.
Good psychological thriller.

lone-wolf
11-18-2013, 10:57 AM
9th Company(russian w/ english subtitles) - Follows a group of Russian paratroopers from training to Afghanistan. Pretty good movie, it's no Saving Private Ryan and some of the effects are bad, but it held my attention all the way to the end. Seems well acted, but I also spent a lot of time reading subtitles and not watching the actors. 6.5/10

Elysium - I liked it, good effects, basic storyline nothing surprising, but well done. 7/10

The Worlds End - It's no Shaun of the Dead, but I enjoyed it. 6.5/10

The Last Days on Mars - Ok, I didn't pay full attention to this movie, but it seemed decent enough that'll watch it again and actually pay attention. Liev Schreiber is in it too, who I always find entertaining.

Riddick - Ugh, I really wanted to movie to be more, but it just didn't live up to my expectations. 6/10, decent time waster.

FlyingHigh
11-18-2013, 09:29 PM
The Ghost And The Darkness - 8/10

It's the story about the maneating lions of Tsavo. Stars Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas. Fascinating story and a well made movie. I enjoyed it.

Xtreme
11-19-2013, 07:43 AM
The Ghost And The Darkness - 8/10

It's the story about the maneating lions of Tsavo. Stars Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas. Fascinating story and a well made movie. I enjoyed it.

That's an oldie but a goody, for sure! Not to mention, based on true events.

ReignCzech
11-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Decided after years past of reading the book, and watching the movie:

Bravo Two Zero ,... well... watched it again,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PoTNzMns-Wc

then looked up documentaries on it, there's a bunch glorifying the mission that I watched, and many can search them out alongside, though some have not much actual research, then I found this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lCuh3JBV_Y8

And, after watching that, I think the book, the original movie, and the other documentaries are B.S.
I mean when you have the SAS SgtMjr, and retracing the whole ordeal by gps and speaking to some actual witnesses of police, soldiers, and people on the ground, it is left to be pretty much accounted for a near entirely fabricated crock of b.s.
and some of these guys got a whole wack of medals, honours and such, .... some didn't get anything even being KIA, ... makes you wonder of the reasoning and as for myself, puts the whole thing into the garbage can as a glorified mission success of and actual mission failure, and non-existent ordeal as portrayed in the book and 1999 movie of the gulf war mission of the SAS.

perhaps check it out and the others yourselves, but for me, it brought perspective to the illusion and fabrications.

Strewth
11-19-2013, 12:12 PM
^Yes, Mr. Mcnab's story is questionable. Sure are a lot of books under that pseudonym.

We just watched "Pain and Gain" with Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson....truth is stranger than fiction. Any Carl Hiassen fans on here? The events take place in Florida, and come straight out of one of his books. I Googled the story after the movie, and although the movie is Hollyweirded up, the true story is still bizarre.

Also watched "Turbo", the racing snail. It was no Shrek, but not bad.

Asphalt Cowboy
11-19-2013, 12:14 PM
watched "The Heat" the other night .. trailer does it no justice at all .. sore gut after that one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-KKx0lcn2A

Xtreme
11-19-2013, 06:47 PM
We just watched "Pain and Gain" with Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson....

I'm not going to lie, it wasn't what I was expecting, and I didn't particularly enjoy it. Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't paid money to rent it. Not saying it was a horrible movie, just not my cup of tea. Reminded me of Burn After Reading.

Mikthaniel
11-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Re-watched Top Gun...

Greatest movie of all time...

On a side not I realized the version I watched repeatedly as a kid was taped off tv and edited for commercials etc...

The REAL movie is even better!

Asphalt Cowboy
11-24-2013, 12:09 AM
The Millers.... -20 don't even waste the time ... Jennifer Aniston doesn't have enough of anything to bring that waste of TV time back to life

Strewth
11-24-2013, 12:28 AM
I'm not going to lie, it wasn't what I was expecting, and I didn't particularly enjoy it. Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't paid money to rent it. Not saying it was a horrible movie, just not my cup of tea. Reminded me of Burn After Reading.

Huh, I thought it played true to the previews. Burn After Reading had it's moments, but I did not like that movie on the whole. Reminded me of Men Who Stare at Goats.

lone-wolf
12-06-2013, 07:39 PM
then looked up documentaries on it, there's a bunch glorifying the mission that I watched, and many can search them out alongside, though some have not much actual research, then I found this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lCuh3JBV_Y8

And, after watching that, I think the book, the original movie, and the other documentaries are B.S.
I mean when you have the SAS SgtMjr, and retracing the whole ordeal by gps and speaking to some actual witnesses of police, soldiers, and people on the ground, it is left to be pretty much accounted for a near entirely fabricated crock of b.s.
and some of these guys got a whole wack of medals, honours and such, .... some didn't get anything even being KIA, ... makes you wonder of the reasoning and as for myself, puts the whole thing into the garbage can as a glorified mission success of and actual mission failure, and non-existent ordeal as portrayed in the book and 1999 movie of the gulf war mission of the SAS.

perhaps check it out and the others yourselves, but for me, it brought perspective to the illusion and fabrications.

Never read the books or seen the movie, but interesting documentary.

Xtreme
12-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Huh, I thought it played true to the previews. Burn After Reading had it's moments, but I did not like that movie on the whole. Reminded me of Men Who Stare at Goats.

Funny enough, MWSAG was the other example that came to mind originally!

Strewth
12-06-2013, 11:53 PM
^That is funny:).
We just watched the new Superman, pretty good spin on a old story I thought. 7/10
Soon to watch the new Wolverine, and haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet. Oh, and I'd like to rent that "Mud" movie with Matthew McConaughey.

Edenchef
12-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Cowboys vs Aliens, lots of action.......classic guns. Loved the fact that the only gun that put the aliens down in one shot was obviously a big bore buffalo rifle.......splat!

Cheers!

lone-wolf
12-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Gravity - 7.5/10, This movie was well made, it was short(90min), there's no boring intro - it jumps straight into the main story and ended before becoming boring.
The story isn't a head scratcher, it's a simple story done dang near the best it can be done.

Xtreme
12-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Gravity - 7.5/10, This movie was well made, it was short(90min), there's no boring intro - it jumps straight into the main story and ended before becoming boring.
The story isn't a head scratcher, it's a simple story done dang near the best it can be done.

Good to hear, I wasn't going to watch because it looked like a snoozefest.

lone-wolf
12-15-2013, 11:41 PM
The Wolverine - 6.5/10, Movie didn't make much sense to this non-fanboy, was little long, but a decent time waster.

Offtopic, but I'm sick of pg13 cuts instead of the R cuts. Damn teens.

HenryLung
12-16-2013, 01:24 AM
Moonrise Kingdom (2012) 11/10,
Certainly not a kind of movie I was used to watching, a romantic comedy about a boy who escapes summer camp to meet his little girlfriend as a premise. HOWEVER, I was thoroughly surprised and had a few laughs as basically exemplified how we're all born free. Not to mention that the movie blatantly advocates for open carry, and the only federal government figure in the film is the arch villain! Definitely recommend everyone give it a view, it may seem outside your comfort zone but it's something any gun nut would appreciate.

FALover
12-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Took the ladies out last night. Better half and her mom. The Book Thief. I enjoyed this film. Interesting story set circa WWII. 8/10 for the average of the three of us.

FALover
12-16-2013, 09:26 AM
The Wolverine - 6.5/10, Movie didn't make much sense to this non-fanboy, was little long, but a decent time waster.

Offtopic, but I'm sick of pg13 cuts instead of the R cuts. Damn teens.

How do you think the teens feel having 'adults' rate a comic book hero movie for them?

lone-wolf
12-16-2013, 10:56 AM
I think I misread. So ignore this post.

Xtreme
12-16-2013, 10:59 AM
How do you think the teens feel having 'adults' rate a comic book hero movie for them?

I hate the current rating system. My son is 10, and he gets to watch what I deem appropriate, I pay no mind to the ridiculous system. I wish they would revise it.

If anyone is interested in a rating site that makes sense, I use http://www.kids-in-mind.com/ quite often to judge the suitability of shows for the kid, it gives you a much better idea of what to expect.

Xtreme
12-16-2013, 11:05 AM
We're the Millers

I can't give this better than 6.5/10, even though I'll admit that I enjoyed it. But just because it made me laugh doesn't mean it was a good movie ;)-

lone-wolf
12-21-2013, 12:21 AM
The Dyatlov Pass Incident AKA Devil's Pass(No idea why they re/named it to devil's pass, kind of annoys me) - 5.5/10, A rookie documentary film crew heads to the hills to investigate the infamous event(doing things like this would be what you'd find me at if I won lotto max tonight). Anyways, it's a horror movie, so bad things happen to them.
I was taken in, focused, and starting to be very creeped out by this movie that takes place and tries to explain the events of one of my favourite mysteries.
But.
The CGI is lacking, and took the film from creepy, to not so creepy. Ugh. Still, it's worth a see if you like horror movies.

Amanda902
01-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Finally got to see Red 2. While mostly unrealistic (like many Hollywood movies are), I enjoyed it. Lots of good action scenes. Love Malkovich. And I do like Mary Louise Parker, but she will always be Nancy, the dope dealing mom to me.

8/10

Xtreme
01-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Watched a lot over the holidays, but Oblivion was quite enjoyable, I would put it at 8/10.

Diazjoaquin
01-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Prisoners. Was a good movie, i recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ReignCzech
01-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Lone survivor..
http://www.movie4k.to/Lone-Survivor-watch-movie-4992253.html

Pretty good afghan seal team movie.

lone-wolf
01-03-2014, 03:53 PM
? Are you talking about Lone Survivor or a different movie(what year?)?

ReignCzech
01-03-2014, 06:11 PM
? Are you talking about Lone Survivor or a different movie(what year?)?

Derrrrp,.. yup that's the one, my bad. I'll correct.

Amanda902
01-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Saw American Hustle today. Perm rods, tacky wallpaper, phones with cords, and boats with wheels. It was alright. Acting was good, wardrobe was great, storyline was a little flat.

6/10

lone-wolf
01-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Lone survivor..
http://www.movie4k.to/Lone-Survivor-watch-movie-4992253.html

Pretty good afghan seal team movie.

I just watched it today. Pretty good indeed.

ReignCzech
01-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Carrie (2013)

Yep, a teen flick, watched it with the kids and their friends, good re-rendition of the Carrie white movie thats been done over and over through my youth alone.

random letters
01-05-2014, 07:02 PM
All is Lost (2013)

Interesting little movie. Almost no dialogue. It's about a man (Robert Redford) who encounters much bad luck on the open sea.

8.5/10

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

bettercallsaul
01-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Just watched Lone Survivor, a damn good movie.

"I don't go home, you don't go home. I will $@#$ing kill you, I don't care!"

walperstyle
01-07-2014, 03:11 AM
where is lone survivor playing>????

bettercallsaul
01-07-2014, 11:34 AM
where is lone survivor playing>????

Comes out on January 10th. Should be playing everywhere. I'm predicting it wins awards, not because it is amazing, but for the true story aspect.

I don't advise illegal download unless you plan on supporting the movie in theaters.

harbl_the_cat
01-07-2014, 01:12 PM
I watched a really neat film on Netflix called "Ironclad" recently.

It was pretty good.

harbl_the_cat
01-07-2014, 01:14 PM
I watched a really neat film on Netflix called "Ironclad" recently.

It was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-tpqF-zXuU

Xtreme
01-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Frozen

I'd go around a 7 out of 10, but be warned - it's a full blown Disney princess movie, complete with TONS of singing. As usual with the Disney formula, the supporting characters are what make the show fun to watch.

ReignCzech
01-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Frozen

I'd go around a 7 out of 10, but be warned - it's a full blown Disney princess movie, complete with TONS of singing. As usual with the Disney formula, the supporting characters are what make the show fun to watch.

did ya dance and sing with the kids?
I'm not one to condone much television brain rot for my kids, though I thoroughly enjoy to watch their eyes light up, get excited laugh dance and sing in some of their disney favorites.
joining along makes it all that much better.

Edenchef
01-08-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm not one to condone much television brain rot for my kids, though I thoroughly enjoy to watch their eyes light up, get excited laugh dance and sing in some of their disney favorites.

:agree: I still sing along, dancing..........well I'm saving myself for my grandkids.

Cheers!

Xtreme
01-08-2014, 11:23 AM

Didn't want to get kicked out of the theatre ;)

Edenchef
01-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Didn't want to get kicked out of the theatre ;)

Yeah, you only get away with that at Rocky Horror showings.

Cheers!

lone-wolf
01-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Escape Plan, with arnold & stalone, 5/10, made no sense but was an ok time waster.

Prairie Dog
01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Watched the '89 mini-series 'Lonesome Dove' again for the umpteenth time over the last couple nights. Still my favorite movie of all time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096639/

Xtreme
01-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Watched the '89 mini-series 'Lonesome Dove' again for the umpteenth time over the last couple nights. Still my favorite movie of all time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096639/

Bought that for Dad for Christmas last year. Do you have all the off shoot series as well? There's the tv series version as well as Lonesome Dove: Outlaw Years.

Prairie Dog
01-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Bought that for Dad for Christmas last year. Do you have all the off shoot series as well? There's the tv series version as well as Lonesome Dove: Outlaw Years.

Just the mini series.

'I hate rude behavior in a man, wont tolerate it'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snxME3CDtvI

walperstyle
01-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Lone Survivor : good, even though has some errors that were pointed out in interviews.

Midnight in Pairs: Owen Wilson movie about a dude that wants to live in the past, some crazy sci-fi time travel stuff here, but the story is good, and is about guys just wanting to do what they want to do, and have the right woman there to support it.

Satain
01-11-2014, 07:29 PM
:agree:
And Wolf of Wall Street...
LoL!!!
I don't think you could find a clip to put on this web site. Be prepared to be offended and laugh.

leibermuster
01-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Lone Survivor

Just watched it last night and was impressed to say the least...

Xtreme
01-13-2014, 04:31 PM
The wife saw the preview for Lone Survivor yesterday, once they tagged it with "the most extraordinary war film since Saving Private Ryan" she was in. We're going this weekend if I get my way.

lone-wolf
01-14-2014, 07:33 AM
The wife saw the preview for Lone Survivor yesterday, once they tagged it with "the most extraordinary war film since Saving Private Ryan" she was in. We're going this weekend if I get my way.

The critic on tv said 'see this movie on the biggest screen you can'

awndray
01-14-2014, 07:42 AM
I watched it this past weekend. It was good. Typical "hoorah, we're awesome" American patriot style of movie, but the cinematography was great. The action sequences were also very well executed. It was over-the-top like most movies of this type. It had just enough Hollywood and just enough realism. I enjoyed it.

lone-wolf
01-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Sunshine(2007), Danny Boyle movie, one of those movies I meant to watch 6 years ago, and forgot all about it till I was watching 28 Weeks Later yesterday and remembered it again. I liked this movie, a 2nd space ship(the first encountering some unknown fate years earlier) heads towards the sun to drop a bomb in it to restart/fix/science the sun back to life and unfreeze earth. Would be good double feature with the weaker, but still entertaining, Europa Report.
Thumbs Up

Rory McCanuck
01-18-2014, 01:42 AM
The Angle's Share. Light hearted look at a Scottish caper.
If ye dinnae ken Scots, ye'll no like it, but if you can muddle through it, it's well worth it.
Caution, they probably use a couple of bad words, if you can understand them.

http://youtu.be/NcQIvmR21VU

walperstyle
01-18-2014, 04:08 AM
Capt Phillips. Good.

Hanks is one of my more favorite actors. Even when he plays a captain of a ship that gets sued by his liberal crybaby crew.

ReignCzech
03-19-2014, 01:18 AM
Filth,... right out there, decent movie

winter's tale,... good movie I think, for a semi-religion oriented fantasy

Rory McCanuck
03-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Filth,... right out there, decent movie
That opening scene made me laugh hard enough tears were streaming down my face.
Got pretty dark, but atill a good one.

50calshooter
03-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Capt Phillips. Good.

Hanks is one of my more favorite actors. Even when he plays a captain of a ship that gets sued by his liberal crybaby crew.

Agreed, I think the best scene in that movie was when he finally got rescued and was brought abroad the American freighter for medical attention. His portrayal of the Captain in complete and utter shock was freaking stunning, it was pretty moving.

I just watched The Wolf of Wall Street, whoa. Scorsese does it again. The American dream at its finest indeed. That is quite a lifestyle, how so much can be achieved financially in so little time is nothing short of amazing. Even though Belfort is a corrupt crook, I can't help but admire him a little bit, I know that sounds crazy but criminal thievery, drug abuse and women aside... the drive to succeed he demonstrates is something that you can't help but appreciate. It's interesting to wonder how many of us, if put into that once in a lifetime situation would succumb to temptation as well. Again, I don't condone the drug abuse or criminal acts but that must have been one hell of a ride.

Swampdonkey
03-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Muppets Most Wanted

Standard Muppet antics, the message seemed to be that freedom might be what we want, but it's not good for us. I think the gulag guards were using No.4 Enfields.

FlyingHigh
03-29-2014, 04:15 PM
The Way Back - 8/10. It's a well made movie following the likes of epics such as Lawrence of Arabia etc. Long and steady ,with some solid acting and stunning cinematography. While the truth of the real story is open to debat, this was a solid movie.

47 Ronin - 7/10. This wasn't The Last Samurai by a long shot, but it was surprisingly good. I'm not a Keannu Reeves fan, but he pulled off a good role in this one. There was some serious artistic licence taken with regard to reality, but it was an enjoyable movie.

Contraband - 7/10. I saw this when it came out and watched it again recently. Wahlberg is awesome as usual. The one kid needs a kick in the teeth. Decent crime flick.

Pain and Gain - 6/10. Over the top story about a ridiculous true crime event perpetrated by bungling roid monkeys. Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg carried the movie and are the only reason it got 6 instead of 4.

jonanddad
04-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Captain America: Winter Solider 9/10 much better than I would have thought!
Divergent 8/10 very good but really reminded me of the hunger games

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Drache
04-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Homefront 6/10 - Typical Jason Statham movie

Snake and Mongoose 9/10 - I'm biased. Great movie about the history of two of the greatest drag racers who ever lived!

47 Ronin 7/10 - Didn't expect the supernatural elements. Was hoping for something more realistic and along the real story. Still a good movie though.

Lone Survivor 8/10 - The ended wasn't along the lines of what really happened but still a good movie. Many moments when I winced in pain for the injuries sustained in the movie.

Captain Philips 8/10 - Really liked the movie. The whole Navy Seal rescue seemed a little rushed but all in all a favorite now.

Escape Plan 6/10 - Decent movie from two old action stars. Worth a watch at least once.

Steveo9mm
04-03-2014, 03:38 AM
New Hobbit. good movie but I hate the 3 part films Jackson does set a year apart from each other. Ill be 80 by the time the whole thing is done. Star wars is another example. 20 years between trilogy's is going to kill me.

ReignCzech
04-03-2014, 04:50 AM
New Hobbit. good movie but I hate the 3 part films Jackson does set a year apart from each other. Ill be 80 by the time the whole thing is done. Star wars is another example. 20 years between trilogy's is going to kill me.

no kidding, totally agree.
is this hobbit you're talking about the desolation of smaug?
or the next one? ( without me checking prior to this post)

As for the starwars, I'll admit I love them, I could recite all the dialogue for the first three when i was a kid from watching them so much.
Waited forever for the first three to come, camped outside the theater in line for the premiere of episode 1 in vancouver, which i do not recommend to do, ever.

these next few ( if they go that many ) will be something at the forefront to see again, for me anyways.

Steveo9mm
04-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Ya the desolation of smaug. Only another 8 more months until the next one :/

Rory McCanuck
04-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Oldboy with Josh Brolin. . . .7/10
Fight scenes were 1960s-Japanese-martial-arts-movie bad, but that wasn't the point.
Twisted.

addictedshooter
04-06-2014, 06:35 AM
GRAVITY. 2 out of 10. 1.5 hours of my life that I will never get back.

Haywire1
04-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Riddick (3rd movie) 4/10 pretty much a direct ripoff of the first one. Stuck on planet, killer creatures making the planet uninhabitable, short time to get off the planet etc etc

Jeremiah Johnson (8/10) Some hilarious dialog, pretty decent overall. Some inaccuracies but enjoyable if slightly long

Lone Ranger (7/10) Popcorn movie, somewhat decent, dont expect accuracy, typical Johny Depp movie

Dodgeball (6/10) While I enjoy the movie, Rip Torn has the best scenes and lines.

Gravity (-4/10) dont bother

Frozen (8/10) Watched it with my kid, pretty decent movie, the snowman and the reindeer make the movie. "let it go" song while not my normal fair does have amazing vocals

Despicable me 1&2 (9/10) I love those 2 movies, the minions are freaking hilarious. They remind me of Flying High for some reason.........

Anyhow, thats more or less what I have watched since the last time I posted here. All are quite watchable, well, except gravity anyway

ReignCzech
04-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Despicable me 1&2 (9/10) I love those 2 movies, the minions are freaking hilarious. They remind me of Flying High for some reason.........

yep, hilarious, i think they had the adults in mind for most part, why else would they embed such remarks actions and dialogue? gotta be for the adults watching with the kids, if the kids don't pick up on them.

Rusty Shackleford
04-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Gravity. 3 out of 10 and it garners a 3 only for some decent effects. Glad I didn't see it in the theatre.

FlyingHigh
04-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Interesting to see the hate for Gravity. I really enjoyed it, giving it a solid 7 or 8 out of 10.

lone-wolf
04-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Interesting to see the hate for Gravity. I really enjoyed it, giving it a solid 7 or 8 out of 10.
x2 it held my attention

Rusty Shackleford
04-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Also just watched The 5ifth Estate. The wikileaks one. I'd go a 5. Was ok but didn't live up to what I was hoping it would be like. Meaning sharing more leaks.

Petamocto
04-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Just rented Anchorman 2, and it was terrible compared to the first one. I'd give the first one a 9/10 as a shut-your-head-off silly comedy, but Anchorman 2 is a 4/10.

They spent a ton of money on high-priced actors to be cameos all over the movie, but it was just such a B-Rate movie that it wasn't tied together at all. The worst part is that for the last year I have plugged my ears or muted the TV every time a trailer came on, because I was so excited to see it and I didn't want to hear any of the punch lines. It didn't matter, the movie still wasn't that funny.

Certainly no Anchorman 1 or Talledaga Nights to compare to recent Will Ferrell movies that were awesome. This wasn't even as good as the "just okay" ones like Blades of Glory.

Drache
04-06-2014, 04:57 PM

I'd give it a six

Petamocto
04-06-2014, 05:32 PM
If you didn't see Gravity in a huge modern theatre in 3D, you were missing the point of the movie.

If you just rented it and watched it in your living room on a flat 42", you may as well watch a F1 race on mute; you're missing out on a major aspect of the entertainment value.

My wife and I had a date night last year and saw Gravity, and the 3D was absolutely mind-blowing. There are three movies that in my lifetime have been worth watching in 3D: Jaws 3D when I was about 10, and I saw the arm floating in front of me, Avatar, and Gravity. Even if you think the stories were dumb on the latter two, it was the magic of what is technologically possible on a huge screen in 3D that made those movies.

Renting a normal DVD or downloading it onto your laptop is defeating the whole purpose of that medium.

TV-PressPass
04-07-2014, 11:32 AM
^ Truth. Gravity was a theatre film for sure. If you have a home theater: good for you. But watching it at home on a standard TV is missing a large part of the experience.

This weekend I rewatched The Usual Suspects, with Ms. TVPP watching it for the first time. I forgot the long barrelled Steyer Aug was featured in that movie!

Almost 20 years on its still a solid crime movie with plenty of guessing going on. I'd give it an 8/10

Haywire1
04-07-2014, 02:32 PM

no hate for it, just didnt like it.

Rusty Shackleford
04-07-2014, 05:24 PM
no hate for it, just didnt like it.

Same here. Have a 60 inch with Klipsch surround and it wasn't the effects that didn't tickle the fancy, I just thought it was a boring movie.

FlyingHigh
04-11-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't think I would have enjoyed Gravity as much if I had seen it in 3D. I really can't stand it. Watching movies in 3D makes my head hurt and I feel that the effect actually detracts from being able to actually focus and enjoy the movie. The last movie I saw in 3D was Life of Pi. Excellent book, excellent movie...piss poor 3D. I had to watch it again in regular format to really enjoy it. Even Avatar was better in regular format for me.

My 55" LED tv is 3D capable. That feature will never be used. Once I own a home and can set up a media room I'll never set foot in a theater again. :)

Rory McCanuck
04-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Full English Breakfast...6/10
Poor acting and a 2 Pizza'n'a24of beer budget, but an interesting story.

Cheap Thrills...7/10
What would you do for some cash? A couple of the instances were familiar, maybe I've read the book?
Still a good premise, and a good movie.

Petamocto
04-12-2014, 06:18 AM
9/10 for 12 Years a Slave.

I never heard about it in the theatre, and then saw a lot of Oscars buzz over it, but never thought about renting it.

My wife picked it up last week, and it was amazing. I won't ruin the surprise of who the actor is, but the hero of the movie is a Canadian, too, as in the character in the movie is Canadian, not the actor playing him. (But the movie was awesome for much more than just that).

It is going to be one of the movies I use to show my kids to teach them about history, along with movies like Schindler's List, etc.

Prairie Dog
04-12-2014, 11:43 AM
White House Down, 8.5/10. Good action, some humour but a little far fetched in places.

Rusty Shackleford
04-12-2014, 11:56 AM
White House Down, 8.5/10. Good action, some humour but a little far fetched in places.

Vey far fetched but was actually better than I thought it would be. I'd go a 6.3

coastal
04-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Red Alert! Rambo First Blood just popped on Netflix Last night. I have been wanting to rewatch that movie for years, to my surprise it was just as good as I remembered it as a kid, perhaps even better this time around.

Rusty Shackleford
04-13-2014, 08:26 AM
Watched Insidious 2 last night. Pretty weak as I expected. 3 of 10. Glad we don't pay for our movies. (free at the library)

FlyingHigh
04-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Black Hawk Down - 10/10. Watched it again last night as it had been awhile.. Such a good movie.

Rusty Shackleford
04-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Just finished American Hustle. Pretty ok. Solid 7.

lone-wolf
04-13-2014, 11:45 AM
The Wolf of Wall Street

I didn't realize it was 3hrs long. But it was a fun ride. I won't rate it as my attention rate wasn't 100%

DOA
04-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Watched Inception the other night, 9/10, I like the thought provoking plots and theories of possibility. Some action to keep you entertained and leaves you thinking at the end.

ReignCzech
04-13-2014, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kC-hODiK4gg

Rusty Shackleford
04-20-2014, 07:46 AM
Prisoners with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. Pretty good drama. I'd go as high as a 7. It was a long movie but it didn't seem like it.

Petamocto
04-20-2014, 07:55 AM
6/10 for Trailer Park Boys, Don't Legalize It.

Some decent laughs, but the brilliance has faded and it now seems pretty long in the tooth.

mavrik9
04-20-2014, 08:16 AM
So here I am watching Frozen with my daughter, again... For about the twelfth time. That's alright though, its not half bad. The stupid snowman makes the movie in my opinion, I give it a 7/10. (my Daughter would give it a 10/10)

Malus
04-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Captain America (Winter Soldier). Probably one of the better of the Marvel genre of films put out. Solid action, grittier than normal for the comic book movies and Scarlett ain't too bad either......

Stephen
04-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

6.5/10

FlyingHigh
04-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

6.5/10

Actually just watched this last night for the first time. Some good chuckles and a smoking hot chick. I'd give it a 6.5/10 as well.

Stephen
04-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Actually just watched this last night for the first time. Some good chuckles and a smoking hot chick. I'd give it a 6.5/10 as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_C6okTm9c

This was my favorite part

Steveo9mm
04-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Cant wait to rate this one. Disney is either going to blow it big time or make a ho-hum spinoff from lucas' geniuss

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2013/05/star-wars-episode-7-posters-fan-9.jpg

Rusty Shackleford
04-27-2014, 08:18 AM
The Wolf of Wall Street

I didn't realize it was 3hrs long. But it was a fun ride. I won't rate it as my attention rate wasn't 100%

Just watched it. One of the best movies I have seen in a while. Tons of laughs. I give it a 10 for the first 2/3 and it slowed to a 8 for the tail end. 9/10 overall.

TV-PressPass
04-27-2014, 08:34 AM
I just joined the Tucker and Dale club!

I found it pretty damn amusing overall, especially going into it without having seen any trailers or clips. I'd give it an 8/10

Fooken-Eh
04-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Snowpiercer pretty cool post apocalyptic movie 7/10

lone-wolf
04-27-2014, 09:38 AM

That looks interesting, I'll have to watch it.

Xtreme
04-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Killing Them Softly - I'd go 7.5 due to being a bit on the slow side. Solid acting though.

Stephen
04-27-2014, 03:58 PM
The Dictator- 8/10

Rusty Shackleford
04-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Runner runner.

Ben Affleck and Timberlake. Yikes! Weak movie all around. I guess I should have seen it coming. 3 of 10.

Xtreme
04-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Runner runner.

Ben Affleck and Timberlake. Yikes! Weak movie all around. I guess I should have seen it coming. 3 of 10.

It WAS pretty bad, wasn't it? You could drive a freight train through the holes in that story line.

Rusty Shackleford
04-27-2014, 07:20 PM
It WAS pretty bad, wasn't it? You could drive a freight train through the holes in that story line.

Horrible. I washed my eyes out after the movie.Timberlake should stick to Sat Night Live skits.

lone-wolf
04-28-2014, 01:35 PM

That was entertaining, like a condensed(time wise), watered down, The Matrix - on a train. A strong 7/10

OEM
04-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Captain America (Winter Soldier). Probably one of the better of the Marvel genre of films put out. Solid action, grittier than normal for the comic book movies and Scarlett ain't too bad either......

Just watched it. It was gripping to say the least. However, my ears were ringing this morning. I think the next time I go watch one of these movies with lotsa shooting, I'm going to bring my earplugs. Waaay too loud!

ReignCzech
04-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Just watched it. It was gripping to say the least. However, my ears were ringing this morning. I think the next time I go watch one of these movies with lotsa shooting, I'm going to bring my earplugs. Waaay too loud!

yeah I watched it last night.

was good, another good marvel comics movie in the chain.
good special effects and good story line ( captain america- winters soldier )
I'm looking forward to another avengers, I want to see another marvel rendition of an up-the-stakes deal from the last one.

I fricking loved it when hulk bitch slammed loki.
i had to rewind it a couple times to laugh and see that again.

This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gGtlikOW54

This I have a chubby for,... this is my sh!t, my childhood dream, fondest memories of the whole 6 episodes, my favorite

TV-PressPass
04-30-2014, 10:27 AM

I keep meaning to do this too. I don't know if guns just make me extra aware to hearing loss risks, but it seems my local theater likes to turn it up to 11.

lone-wolf
04-30-2014, 12:41 PM
This I have a chubby for,... this is my sh!t, my childhood dream, fondest memories of the whole 6 episodes, my favorite

You realize that trailer is fake?
JJ Abrams is living the dream though.

Seen the new trailer park boys movie sunday night. I enjoyed it, can't wait to see em on netflix.

TV-PressPass
04-30-2014, 04:22 PM
I enjoyed the fake trailer. straight up.