PDA

View Full Version : Sks magazine adpter

Joshua13
12-24-2016, 03:12 PM
I've seen a few and I'm wondering if anyone has used them or what the general opinion is of them.

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk

P-B.
01-20-2017, 09:16 AM
Joshua,

Do you mean the 10-30 round types?
If so, I see no point, as they must be pinned for 5 rounds up here. Also they get in the way a bit for prone, or shooting from a rest, and being plastic are a easier to damage than the standard mag.

If you meant something else, please disregard!

Richard.

Domain007
01-20-2017, 11:11 AM
I think hes talking about the LAR pistol mag adapter :P

I've heard great things about them lol expensive in my opinion though. For the price of an SKS and an adapter i can get 2-3 SKS rifles ....

Specter Arms
01-23-2017, 08:20 AM
You need to decide the following:
1) How much money is it worth to you to be able to take AR15 mags? If you feel this feature is worth $200 then go for it. The cost of the SKS is irrelevant to this decision.

2) Do you have the skill needed to modify the SKS? This is not an operation for most people. Best case senario is a mill with a carbide bit. Worst case is a dremel with a super-steady hand. There is a lot to modify: The receiver, the trigger group, the breech block and the bolt catch.

infidel29
01-23-2017, 03:29 PM
I have an sks completely redone by Hical, very expensive and I went a little overboard, but totally worth it. If you also change the sights and get a trigger job done, you have an excellent platform that will do anything you need it to, whether its hunting, three gun or plinking.

Bubba Yugga
02-13-2017, 06:29 PM
I did the AR mag adapter and trigger job myself.
Bought the adapter, replacement sear, Wolff springs, and an Archangel Opfor stock from HiCal and can't remember where I got the TechSight200 rear peep.
Had to hog off that silly AK hump off the back of the stock to fit the peep, but the gun disassembles normally now.
Feeds flawlessly from C Products Defense 7.62x39 10 round pistol mags.
Shoots minute of bagel with corrosive. Half that with Barnaul hollowpoints.
Phenomenal boomstick, for way less than half the price of a comparable contemporary carbine.

Swampdonkey
02-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Buy a finished, completed unit from HiCal.

Likeaboss
02-13-2017, 07:36 PM
I did the AR mag adapter and trigger job myself.
Bought the adapter, replacement sear, Wolff springs, and an Archangel Opfor stock from HiCal and can't remember where I got the TechSight200 rear peep.
Had to hog off that silly AK hump off the back of the stock to fit the peep, but the gun disassembles normally now.
Feeds flawlessly from C Products Defense 7.62x39 10 round pistol mags.
Shoots minute of bagel with corrosive. Half that with Barnaul hollowpoints.
Phenomenal boomstick, for way less than half the price of a comparable contemporary carbine.
Minute of bagel, aka the mob rule.

WSA
02-13-2017, 08:48 PM
The HiCal adapted rifles work very, very well. They are worth it if you want to use the 10 round pistol magazines. Unless you have some solid machining experience, I would get one that is already completed. it's more money but you will end up with a nicer product than with a dremel!

Bubba Yugga
02-14-2017, 07:00 AM
I did most of my adapter work with a Dremel 9903 Tungsten Carbide cutter. The little drum sander piece, a few odd aluminum oxide bits, and a small flat mill file pretty much round it out.
That, a lot of patience, and a keen eye through safety glasses.