PDA

View Full Version : Sig Kilo 2000

blacksmithden
12-28-2016, 01:42 PM
I just ordered a Sig Kilo 2000. While I love my Newcon, I wanted something smaller that I could put in a pocket. I read a ton of reviews, and it seemed to be a good value for the money, and has the workings to range out past a mile. Has anybody else got one of these ? What are your feelings on it after using it for a while ?
Thanks.

Dmay
12-29-2016, 07:18 AM
Never even heard of it before, but seems pretty capable given the price. Shall be interested in hearing how well it works in real life....

blacksmithden
12-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Never even heard of it before, but seems pretty capable given the price. Shall be interested in hearing how well it works in real life....

I haven't been able to find a single bad review on it. It's supposed to do reflective targets out to a range of 3400 meters. Half that for real world, and it's still good out to 1700...which is still pretty damned good for being less than 2/3rds the price of a Leica 1600. I got a really good boxing day deal on Ebay for a brand new one. Here's hoping it isn't somebody trying to pull a fast one. Their seller rating was really good, so I doubt it.

Dmay
12-30-2016, 06:57 AM
Well, will have to run some comparisons with it and both of our Newcons......might be the business!!

kennymo
04-05-2018, 07:31 PM
So how are these working out? Starting to think about upgrading from the Bushnell 1200 to something more serious. Because my brother in law invested in a bulldozer and I now have a much, much larger alfalfa field to hunt.....

Drache
04-05-2018, 07:44 PM
what are the prices on these bad boys now?

kennymo
04-05-2018, 08:04 PM
About $800 at Cabela's, so probably 5-10% cheaper elsewhere.... That's for the 2200 which I assume is just a newer model with slightly improved specs?

"Maximum range is 3,400 yds. for reflective targets, 1,300 yds. for deer and 1,600 yds. for trees."

I don't know if I need all that, there's another model a step down for a little less. Just wondering if they live up to the hype. One of my big deer hunting areas is now wide open for a mile through the centre without much for landmarks. The Bushnell is pretty good on a bluff or tree line (especially white poplar) but can't read the claimed 300 yards on deer in anything but blinding sunlight and a near albino animal....

Plus I've got a hankering to try for 1000 yard shot and have probably got a place to do it safely now. It'd be nice to have a rangefinder I have a little more faith in for that.

blacksmithden
04-05-2018, 10:50 PM
In bright sunlight, I can't get 1600 meters out of mine. I think the longest I've ranged at high noon on a clear day reliably was 1300 ? That being said, this is me just holding it up against a post, so it's still shaking a little and the gong was painted with white semi-gloss.

As soon as there's some overcast, or the sun starts to tone down a bit in the afternoon, I can get out to a mile. In dimmer conditions, it'll read stuff out further.