PDA

View Full Version : 325WSM Frankengun

saskminer
01-04-2017, 10:10 PM
Hi all
I'm trying to figure out what to do with my latest purchase. I bought a 325WSM rifle - 26" stainless custom barrel, Leupold scope rings, Timney trigger, Bell Carlson tactical style stock with Mauser 98 Large Ring action.
I walked into the deal with my eyes wide open, knowing there is a feeding issue with the rifle. The rounds are not coming out of the magazine correctly. I experimented with some empty brass and found if 3 rounds are loaded, the first seems to chamber and eject normally, the second round pops out of the magazine when ejecting the first round and the third round is stuck in the magazine and won't feed forward.
Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation? Should I cut my losses or is this issue repairable for reasonable money?
If I opt for a new Mauser 98 action, how much machining is needed to convert it to 325WSM?

BrotherRockeye
01-04-2017, 10:24 PM
How much you want for it? ;D

saskminer
01-04-2017, 10:31 PM
I'd sell it if I could get my money back. PM me if interested :)

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Rory McCanuck
01-04-2017, 10:37 PM
If all that work has already been done, it would be a shame to have to start all over again.
Maybe rather than using fired cases, do you have the ability to make dummy cartridges?
Having a bullet hanging out the front aids quite a bit in feeding.

saskminer
01-05-2017, 07:52 AM
I'm trying to find some rounds but not having much success. I have an ad in the ammunition section of GOC.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

kennymo
01-05-2017, 05:41 PM
No need for two threads on this, here's the new one.

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?36338-Franken-gun-325wsm