PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Winnipeg is hiring

Prairie Dog
01-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Do you love the outdoors? Us too! We are hiring for a number of positions in our corporate head office, located in Winnipeg.
Learn more about these positions, and others, at http://cabelas.jobs

Rory McCanuck
01-06-2017, 07:15 PM
"Good job, Rory! You only owe $800 this payday..."

Prairie Dog
01-06-2017, 07:22 PM

occupational hazard

JustBen
01-06-2017, 07:51 PM

That reminds me of when I worked at this bar in college.

blacksmithden
01-06-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm REALLY torn about applying for a one night a week gig at the one 5 minutes from my house....it's bad enough that it's 5 minutes from my house. Add on the fact that I'm already there...will see EVERY sale.....add on a so-so employee discount. Yea...I can't see this ending well. :)

Kenwp
01-06-2017, 10:08 PM
Well we know that you most likely live on the south end of Edmonton at least. I would like to work once in a while in a retail thing just to maybe get over being so shy. I bar-tended for years on weekends just to get out into public. It sort of worked but I never did get over being scared of women.

Swampdonkey
01-06-2017, 11:31 PM
Well we know that you most likely live on the south end of Edmonton at least. I would like to work once in a while in a retail thing just to maybe get over being so shy. I bar-tended for years on weekends just to get out into public. It sort of worked but I never did get over being scared of women.

Women are scary. It gets worse when you get married.

blacksmithden
01-07-2017, 12:06 AM

I live by the one in the north east. The older I get, the less I want to have to do with women. They're trouble, and many a men have lost everything they've ever worked for to them and their lawyers. Don't look at shyness as a disability...look at it as a gift from the heavens that you haven't begun to appreciate yet. :)

Kenwp
01-07-2017, 01:01 AM
You don't have to tell me about women. Been there done that lost the t-shirt even. I can't bar tend anymore so something else is needed. Would love to work in a gun store also. But that would probably get expensive for me too every time somebody brought in a oddball gun. My next idea would be a woman's shoe store.

kennymo
01-07-2017, 09:27 AM
My next idea would be a woman's shoe store.

Careful what you wish for...

https://youtu.be/IRCHBi0DRFg

BrotherRockeye
01-07-2017, 10:45 AM
This thread is better than I could possibly have hoped for. It's my new favorite thing about Cabellas!

At least if RM worked at Cabellas they'd have one employee with a clue

Yes women can be scary ken but just picture them all naked. This day and age yer gag reflex might get a workout but you won't be afeared no more.

I've started over 3 times now...I guess I'm a 3 time born again redneck... at least my kids all love me. :)

FlyingHigh
01-07-2017, 12:35 PM

Ain't that the God honest truth. I spent 2 years working in a fishing and hunting store. Pretty sure 75 - 80% of my paycheck went right back to the store. ;D

Best job I ever had. When I retire, if there's still such things as fishing and hunting stores 30 years from now, I intend to "work" a couple days a week in one.

Kenwp
01-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Sounds like fun to me. I would love to give fishing advice to people since I can't catch anything myself.

GTW
02-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Women are scary. It gets worse when you get married.
No it doesn't, provided you use the magic phrase "yes dear" all the time. Then you never have any issues.........