PDA

View Full Version : Gun hacks. Dont lose your AR15 peices ever again

LifeLine
01-25-2017, 12:38 PM
Here is a simple solution for you guys that lose tiny peices to your rifles when you field strip them
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.full30.com/embed/f4acc971816029563d65f5bdf28bf9bf" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kennymo
01-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Speaking of, anyone getting quality pipe cleaners out there? I'm working through the last batch I picked up but they leave fuzzy bits everywhere, I like them for cleaning out black powder nipples and getting into crevices and wee holes on the corrosive firing Russian semi autos.....

blacksmithden
01-25-2017, 01:32 PM
I rarely lose a part once I've set it down. SPRINGS !!!! Springs are the bane of my existence when doing the actual disassembly/reassembly. Parts go flying when you aren't ready for it and disappear into the giant flying part vortex that transports them to some other corner of the cosmos. I've gone as far as to get clear plastic bags so that I can disassemble and reassemble things like ejectors inside them. Theres a tube magazine end plug somewhere in my garage that went flying 2 years ago. I've moved damned near everything in the garage since then, and thoroughly cleaned every corner. Nope...I'm sure it's orbiting the moon of some far off distant planet.

shootemup604
01-25-2017, 02:04 PM
I've had to use a magnet to find a tiny lower spring that took off into the carpet one day when I was assembling a lower in the living room in front of the TV.

Wendell
01-25-2017, 02:06 PM
Speaking of, anyone getting quality pipe cleaners out there? I'm working through the last batch I picked up but they leave fuzzy bits everywhere, I like them for cleaning out black powder nipples and getting into crevices and wee holes on the corrosive firing Russian semi autos.....

http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-chemicals/brushes-amp-bore-snakes/specialty-cleaning-brushes/super-duty-pipe-cleaners-prod1715.aspx

RangeBob
01-25-2017, 02:10 PM
SPRINGS !!!! Parts go flying when you aren't ready for it and disappear into the giant flying part vortex that transports them to some other corner of the cosmos.

[non sequitor]

"Jesus clips"

aka those retaining washers (e-clips or horseshoe clips) that you need a special tool (sort of like pliers with pins called a Horseshoe Lock Ring Plier) to remove, that are nicknamed Jesus clips because that's what you say when it flies across the room or down a carburetor.

There's a movie that explains this nicely, but I can't recall its title.

blacksmithden
01-25-2017, 03:42 PM
[non sequitor]

"Jesus clips"

aka those retaining washers (e-clips or horseshoe clips) that you need a special tool (sort of like pliers with pins called a Horseshoe Lock Ring Plier) to remove, that are nicknamed Jesus clips because that's what you say when it flies across the room or down a carburetor.

There's a movie that explains this nicely, but I can't recall its title.

I am WELL aware of the Jesus clip issue, and not just on guns. I've managed to find a few other names for them over the years....with added sound effects.

FlyingHigh
01-25-2017, 09:38 PM

Back when I smoked the occasional tobacco pipe, I bought good ones from EA Carey. They're not dollar store cheap, but they're real good quality. I never had them leave fuzz anywhere.

http://www.eacarey.com/pipecleaners.html

kennymo
01-25-2017, 09:55 PM
Back when I smoked the occasional tobacco pipe, I bought good ones from EA Carey. They're not dollar store cheap, but they're real good quality. I never had them leave fuzz anywhere.

http://www.eacarey.com/pipecleaners.html

I can live with $5/100. Maybe I'll saunter into the local tobacco shop and see if they have something better than the arts and craft stores....it is payday and I haven't had a Carnuba Crystal Cafe in a long while....

I guess looking for good pipe cleaners in a pipe shop should be a no brainer :p.

TLSpeed
01-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Kind of cool I suppose. I haven't seen a pipe cleaner in probably 20 years though