PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint comp m4 vs. Triji tri-power

Slice
09-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm looking to put a reflex sight on a Swiss CQB. I've been having a hard time deciding between the Aimpoint comp M4, and a Trijicon Tri-power. I had a chance to look at a comp m4 today and was quite impressed, but the tri-power has been elusive so far. Has anyone had a chance to play with a Triji tri-power? I'm really interested in how these two scopes stack up in side by side comparison. Other options are still being considered, but these seem to be the top contenders.

Diesel
09-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Aimpoint by far, the fiber and tritium in the tri power suck and the battery life is dismal. The Aimpoint battery life is 5 years....while turned on.

Now on the other hand the Trijicon SRS is supposed to be a big jump from the tri-power, if you want to look at a Trijicon 1x optic that is the one I would check out.

Satain
09-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Neither...
Insight MRDS. Chris can get them in. A relefex sight is way better for a carbine that requires quick multi engaument target rich enviroment. The tube efect really cuts down on your feild of view and also the aimpoint and tri-power will need to be adjusted for differnt lightness levels were as the MRDS is a set it and froget it. Plus I left the unit on for almost a month not knowing and it was still working when I pulled it out of my locker.
Now with that said I would agree with Diesel and wait for the SRS to be released in Canada to get it.

Slice
09-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I haven't been able to find much information about the MRDS. Just a few shot show vids and a website with nothing more than a pic. It looks good, but without much to go on I'm leaning toward the Aimpoint right now. Any idea when the Triji SRS will become available?

Satain
09-06-2012, 09:09 PM
What do you need to know?
https://fj0fpq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pm0TCYDINQMXo9FuiZMV1Iu9otOqqBkmA5mfRM3GcluS_xMw ffb7Fpci0foXAsTVSb6yvbZ876vHH9IlyyR89DpcMnrkuqKnL/IMG00951-20120904-1733.jpg?psid=1
Does it automaticaly adjust between extreme light conditions to dim dark NVG friendly senario's?
Yep!
Is the battery mounted up on top so there is no darten around when replacing the battery?
Yep!
Is it ultra light wait?
Yep!
Any other questions just post up ;)
As for the SRS I would say early next year but here is the deal. Like alot of new technology I would wait first for some real world tester non-bais reviews before dropping the coin that they are asking. As I to have baught the hype more than one time and have been burned. Take the Ziess Z-Point. Same technology idea just a different format and I would not recomend it to an airsofter. No offese to people who read this but that optic really wasn't worth the hype or money.
Also on a side note reflex sight's are like the deltapoint, fastfire, Jpoint and other's like this. But the ones that you referance are red dot large objective sight's. Now if you would like to have a great compermize between weight and reliablity with a trade off in size I would look at the aimpoint micro. This red dot will also allow you to do the hated (mostly by me) co-witness hype/fad.

rottweilerboy
09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
I have a silly question about the aimpoint , will it stand up to the abuse of a Mossberg pump 12gauge ?

Satain
09-07-2012, 11:45 PM
I have a silly question about the aimpoint , will it stand up to the abuse of a Mossberg pump 12gauge ?
F YA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCBcV2Nb2Wo

CSC
09-08-2012, 12:46 PM
I haven't been able to find much information about the MRDS. Just a few shot show vids and a website with nothing more than a pic. It looks good, but without much to go on I'm leaning toward the Aimpoint right now. Any idea when the Triji SRS will become available?

We have a shipment of SRS optics enroute and they will be here next week.

Slice
09-09-2012, 12:46 AM
you can be sure I'll be in to take a look at them when they arrive. if it's not too much trouble, please p/m me when they make their debut.

Slice
09-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Satain, the Insight Technology website doesn't seem to provide any useful information about the MRDS. I know the batteries are easy to replace, but what type of battery does it take? How big is the red dot, in MOA? Is it water resistant? What is it's functional temperature range? Size and weight? I can find this data for almost all the other sights I'm considering, but not for the MRDS.
I haven't really been looking at the Tri-power as much lately, but the compM4s is still a contender. As is the microT-1. I'm also looking forward to taking a peek through the Trijicon SRS.

Satain
09-10-2012, 06:38 PM
We have a shipment of SRS optics enroute and they will be here next week.
WTF!
I thought first quatrer next year and we are going to get them in before christmas now!
AWESOME!

Satain, the Insight Technology website doesn't seem to provide any useful information about the MRDS. I know the batteries are easy to replace, but what type of battery does it take? How big is the red dot, in MOA? Is it water resistant? What is it's functional temperature range? Size and weight? I can find this data for almost all the other sights I'm considering, but not for the MRDS.
I haven't really been looking at the Tri-power as much lately, but the compM4s is still a contender. As is the microT-1. I'm also looking forward to taking a peek through the Trijicon SRS.
EOTech MRD-000-A4: Mini Red Dot Sight Basic Kit, Tan, 7.0 MOA Dot
EOTech MRD-000-A3: Mini Red Dot Sight Basic Kit, Black, 7.0 MOA Dot
EOTech MRD-000-A1: Mini Red Dot Sight Basic Kit, Black, 3.5 MOA Dot
EOTech MRD-000-A2: Mini Red Dot Sight Basic Kit, Tan, 3.5 MOA Dot

Specifications for Insight Miniature Red-dot Sight:
Dot Intensity: Auto Adjust and Manual w/ 4 Settings
Run Time: Up To 1 Year
Run Time on High 1: 36 Hours (1.6mA)
Run Time on High 2: 250 Hours (0.433mA)
Run Time on Low 1: 3250+ Hours (0.04mA)
Interface Options: Fits Existing Doctor Sight Mounts
Dimensions: 1.9"L x 1.1"W x 1.2"H
Weight: 0.85 oz. w/Battery
Waterproof: To 66 Feet & Meets MIL-SPEC 810G
Lithium Battery Power: (1) 1632 Battery
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty

Features of EO Technology Mini Reflex Sight:
•1 MOA Per Click Windage and Elevation Adjustment
•Auto Adjust Dot Intensity
•Manual Dot Intensity with 4 Brightness Levels
•Waterproof to 66 Feet
•Meets MIL-SPEC 810G
•Top Load Battery with 1 Year Max Run Time
•Fits Existing DOCTER Sight Mounts
•Limited Lifetime Warranty

As far as any more questions bug Chris @ ArmTac for more info ;)
But as for heat I think it can handel it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUUciu3rDhY

Slice
09-15-2012, 04:39 AM
Well the decision has been made. It was an intense competition, but in the end it was the Aimpoint micro T1 which won the day. The brightness of the 2MOA dot, as well as the low profile made this the best sight for this particular rifle/user combination. I was surprised and impressed by the diminutive T1 sight as it was never a favorite of mine simply because it is very small. The CQB wears it nicely,as it sits directly in front of the eye without the need for an expensive swiss cheek riser. The T1 stood out as the brightest available red rot on highest setting, and with the NV settings, will easily get as dim as I am ever likely to use.
It narrowly edged out the Triji SRS simply because the mount on the SRS was too bulky for the reciprocating charging handle on the Swiss gun to clear during firing. It would work very well on an AR but for the CQB it did not give adequate clearance for the charging handle on the right side of the gun. The SRS did look fantastic with its 1.75MOA dot. It was not quite as bright as the Aimpoints I looked at but was very comparable. I expect the SRS will be a major contender in this market for years to come, based on what I saw.
Shout outs go to Satain for his input on this thread, as well as Diesel, for steering me clear of the Tri-power right from the start. But mostly to the Calgary Shooting Centre, where I was able to line up each of the sights I was considering, and compare them side by side. Thank-you, all of you.
I will post some pictures soon.

kingdarb
05-19-2013, 04:06 PM
You will like the Aimpoint. I have a comp M4 with the 2MOA dot and I really like it. It is very fast, and very rugged. Also, if you turn down the intensity of the dot you can make some fairly precise hits.