PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Sheer Fighting for Gun Owners

GaryCaine
02-22-2017, 08:12 AM
Got this email yesterday

Gary,

I believe law-abiding Canadians should not have to justify to the government why they need a firearm.

For too long, the federal government has put heavy restrictions on those who respect and follow the law while doing virtually nothing to stop the criminals who ignore it. I believe we need laws that will deter criminal activity and respect the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

When I am Prime Minister I will:

Remove the power of the RCMP to arbitrarily make reclassifications.
Define terms like “variant” in legislation.
Repeal restrictions on magazines like the 10/22
Repeal the UN Firearms-Marking Regulations
Strengthen the Firearms Advisory Council
Decriminalize administrative infractions such as late renewal of a recently-expired firearms licence.
Create a Firearms Ombudsman

I will always be on the side of law-abiding gun owners. My policy will ensure that law enforcement officers aren’t forced to waste their time policing those who follow the laws, and can concentrate their efforts on actual criminal activity with regards to guns.
What do you think of my ideas for gun-owners? If you agree with me - let me know here (http://www.andrewscheer.com/common_sense_on_firearms?e=ca0aaea508aa1b41a163c17 fbcc5c76e&utm_source=scheer2017&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=guns_e&n=2).

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Scheer, MP

P.S. If you like my approach to gun ownership - please chip in here (http://www.andrewscheer.com/donate?e=ca0aaea508aa1b41a163c17fbcc5c76e&utm_source=scheer2017&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=guns_e&n=3).

Andrew Scheer for Leader
http://www.andrewscheer.com/ (http://www.andrewscheer.com/?e=ca0aaea508aa1b41a163c17fbcc5c76e&utm_source=scheer2017&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=guns_e&n=4)

Rory McCanuck
02-22-2017, 01:47 PM
I believe law-abiding Canadians should not have to justify to the government why they need a firearm.
Yet,

I will:

Remove the power of the RCMP to arbitrarily make reclassifications.
Define terms like “variant” in legislation.
Repeal restrictions on magazines like the 10/22
Repeal the UN Firearms-Marking Regulations
Strengthen the Firearms Advisory Council
Decriminalize administrative infractions such as late renewal of a recently-expired firearms licence.
Create a Firearms Ombudsman
Nothing in there suggests anything along the lines of not needing the gov't permission to buy firearms.
All of his goals are miniscule tweaks to the gun control bureaucracy as it already stands.

CLW .45
02-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Garry Breitkreuz sent me an email supporting Andrew.

I responded.

Garry,

Yes, I know what you did. I know a little of what you tried to do.

I also know that no Canadian will be safe from the gun grabbers until

1. criminalization of the mere use, carriage and possession of firearms is repealed,

2. prohibition of firearms, devices, and ammunition is repealed, and

3. the use of "need" to deny access to provisions for carriage and possession of restricted firearms to protect life is ended.

Let me know, when Andrew understands that.

CLW .45

Billythreefeathers
02-23-2017, 05:36 PM
let me know when liberal MPs start standing up for gun owners,, then I may listen,,,

shootemup604
02-23-2017, 06:32 PM
I think he's a good candidate, but that email was underwhelming compared to some of the more specific positions from other candidates.

Billythreefeathers
02-23-2017, 06:40 PM
I've been getting a steady stream of gun related emails from most of the candidates,, they all want our vote,, how many party members are also licensed gun owners?

for me it's who has the best chance of beating the liberals next time around,,

murph83
02-23-2017, 10:04 PM
Sheer doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning third prize at a county fair, never mind the cpc leadership.

awndray
05-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Ha!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mark-II
05-27-2017, 09:53 PM
Ha!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mister 20-20 necro post. *golf clap*

sltoronto
05-27-2017, 11:45 PM
Sheer doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning third prize at a county fair, never mind the cpc leadership.

yeah, not a good case of predictions ...

Steveo9mm
05-28-2017, 12:47 AM

those words taste good?

labradort
05-28-2017, 05:07 AM
Here is what happens when you mail an MP...

The letters from constituents are viewed as the different colors of Neapolitan ice cream.

You are classified as part of the swirl, a color or blend of two colors.

If you write logical arguments point 1, point 2, point 3, etc., no politician is reading it at their desk and coming to an enlightened moment where you have made a cogent remark they have never heard before. The only time your points are actually read is when the issue is completely new, like flooding in the Torngate Mountains, and they need to start new analysis of what the colors of ice cream are going to be for this issue.

The only influence you can have on a poliltician, unless you get to drink with them or something, is to make yourself count in one of the existing color categories. They pay attention to how much the ice cream is getting dominated by what colors, and respond to that if it seems useful.

There is also a waste paper basket category. If you write an insulting letter or something that has conclusions that are way out, you are seen as someone who probably doesn't vote at all, or if you do vote, your opinion will depend on the moon, and you are not counted.

I view Andrew's points as a good starting place where he can possibly win an election involving all Canadians, not just the 10% who own firearms. Then we can work on further issues after an election win, not before. To get the order reversed poisons the chances of defeating the Liberals.

Gunexpert007
05-28-2017, 06:00 AM

Hmmm...as they say " Never Say Never " ; anything can happen in the world of politics . :Beer time:

linung
05-28-2017, 10:28 AM
I do not oppose gun legislation/regulation.

I oppose useless and/or pointless gun legislation/regulation that in most cases does nothing but pander to a small group of special interest groups.

Guns don't kill people. Only people kill people until skynet takes over the world. Until then punish the guilty not the innocent.

lone-wolf
05-28-2017, 11:19 AM
Yet,

Nothing in there suggests anything along the lines of not needing the gov't permission to buy firearms.
All of his goals are miniscule tweaks to the gun control bureaucracy as it already stands.

I hope he has wised up since then. Nothing about hunting with ar15s or unregulated magazine capacities like another candidate was saying...
His attitude sums up to be, no one who has government permission, needs permission to buy firearms the government has approved for them.

freep
05-28-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm really disappointed that Bernier didn't win. In my opinion, he's the only one that promised some real change and might have even enticed some liberals over with his libertarian views.

Although I will vote for Scheer next election, to me, he's just another generic, one size fits all, right-of-centre politician who hasn't got a chance of beating Trudeau unless "photo-op boy" royally screws up (which is not impossible). The left wing is already calling him, "Harper with a better smile."

In the end, it looks like Bernier went too hard on the supply management thing which harmed his Quebec support. I admire him for sticking to his guns, but that's not the reality of politics in Canada.

glockfan
05-29-2017, 06:43 PM
I'm really disappointed that Bernier didn't win. In my opinion, he's the only one that promised some real change and might have even enticed some liberals over with his libertarian views.

Although I will vote for Scheer next election, to me, he's just another generic, one size fits all, right-of-centre politician who hasn't got a chance of beating Trudeau unless "photo-op boy" royally screws up (which is not impossible). The left wing is already calling him, "Harper with a better smile."

In the end, it looks like Bernier went too hard on the supply management thing which harmed his Quebec support. I admire him for sticking to his guns, but that's not the reality of politics in Canada.

this.

Swampdonkey
05-29-2017, 08:39 PM

Stockwell Day made the same mistake.

I keep wanting to call our new leader Admiral Scheer.

Likeaboss
05-30-2017, 04:39 AM
Stockwell Day made the same mistake.

I keep wanting to call our new leader Admiral Scheer.

His visage, unfortunately, reminds me of these two bumbling fools.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170530/3f52340581c26118f0a37683f97333d2.jpg

A PT to help give him some angles for the commercials and pictures would be money well spent by the party.

BrotherRockeye
05-30-2017, 08:33 AM
Rather than trumpeting his intention to replace the current firearms act with a concise and well thought out one, and possibly losing favor with a certain demographic, a shrewd politician would instead hint at the sweeping changes needed thus assuring the support of the faithful.

Or they blow smoke up yer arse to get in power then don't do shyte to change things.

It's either/or with political types...

Justice
05-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Such things as "Strengthen the Firearms Advisory Council" and "Create a Firearms Ombudsman" are justifying things to to the government. Bureaucratic empire building and nothing more.
"...Remove the power of the RCMP..." It's not just the RCMP. NRCan has made arbitrary rules too. No unelected civil servant should be permitted to make laws by regulation period.
Mulroney swore up and down he'd fix the gun laws in order to get elected. The he let Kim Campbell increase the cost of an FAC by 500% and add more firearms to the 'evil list'. Harper added making the useless tests mandatory. You cannot trust any of 'em.

linung
05-30-2017, 03:18 PM
Rather than trumpeting his intention to replace the current firearms act with a concise and well thought out one, and possibly losing favor with a certain demographic, a shrewd politician would instead hint at the sweeping changes needed thus assuring the support of the faithful.

Or they blow smoke up yer arse to get in power then don't do shyte to change things.

It's either/or with political types...

don't you know that politics is a 4 letter word for blowing smoke up yer arse...