PDA

View Full Version : Pistol red dot: Burris Fastfire 3 or Vortex Venom?

DethMyst
02-25-2017, 11:41 PM
As I mostly do slow-fire target shooting, I'll probably opt for the 3 MOA instead of 8 MOA.

I *had* a USM Fab Defense bridge mount on my P226, which mounted on the picatinny rail below the barrel. Worked fine until the bolt squeezing it to the rail loosened up, so I tightened it and now the threads stripped (steel bolt / aluminum threads). And that was only after a few hundred rounds so I'm not buying that junk again.

Can anyone speak with experience on either the Vortex Venom or Burris Fastfire 3? They're both around the same price. (actually, from initial checks, they're both exactly the same price at $350). Or can anyone suggest anything else at the same price OR LOWER (I'm not spending more as I don't have the cash, nor do I shoot often enough to justify it).

It'll be going on a P226 Elite, 9mm. I ordered a Cadex rear sight dovetail optic mount which right now are on for 57 bucks. http://one-shot-tactical-supply.myshopify.com/products/fm-4048?variant=569430913

Now I just need a red dot that will withstand the slide pounding back and forth.

JustBen
02-26-2017, 06:49 AM
Vortex has a great warranty if it proves to be too much for the sight.