PDA

View Full Version : Men's merino wool underwear on clearance at Costco.

Ruff
02-28-2017, 03:22 PM
I don't know if people are aware of the fact that Costco sells great 100% merino wool long sleeve underwear tops starting every fall, charging about $22 vs maybe $100 for the more famous brands, but that's a fact. And today, I discovered that those very same items are on clearance at at least one of the Costcos near me, now selling for $14.97 or in other words $7 off each. These are great lighter weight items, good for comfort in every season, and at the reduced price a good buy indeed.

Before making a special trip, I'd call ahead since not every warehouse normally runs a given item on clearance. The Costco item number is 666654 and the brand name this year is "Cloudveil." Beware the crummy merino blend underwear Costco also sells, only about 5 or 10% merino; I've seen people fooled that way and then they blamed me. Use the item number! Cloudveil! $14.97! Maybe less near you!

awndray
02-28-2017, 03:42 PM
I have some of these. Theyre quite nixe for a Made in Canada product (with Australian merino). I will pick up some more. They work just as well as my overpriced Icebreaker.

Pizzed
02-28-2017, 03:43 PM
I was in Costco a week ago and never thought to look for winter clearance items. Maybe that was because they had their full compliment of summer clothing already on display.

M1917 Enfield
02-28-2017, 05:09 PM
I have been wearing one nearly everyday this winter (I got 5 tops) and this is the 3rd year of wear and they are all still in very good shape. Just make sure you or the missus wash in a cold wash and hang to dry (DO NOT PUT INTO A DRYER).

FlyingHigh
02-28-2017, 05:36 PM
Cloudveil is actually very high quality brand. My parents gave me one of them for Christmas and I have a bunch of the other brand Costco was selling last year (True North iirc). Great stuff. I live less than 10min from Costco. I may have to duck in later this week when I go fuel up the truck. I always forget to wander the clothing section when we go.

shootemup604
02-28-2017, 07:35 PM
I need some merino socks and t-shirts too...thanks for the heads up.

Melanie
02-28-2017, 09:09 PM
In london I've purchased the cloudveil long sleeve shirts. 100% mirano wool. Had some a year now and very happy. Wish they had bottoms too.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ruff
03-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Was in Costco today ahead of the world ending blizzard Stella, which doesn't seem to be ending the world here after all, but you never know. Anyway, the news is that I found the above merino stuff reduced again down to $9.97. The bad news for me is that they didn't have XXL but I bought a couple one size down that will come out a bit short but which I can use 3 seasons without freezing my wrists off. Mostly there were large, mediums and smaller, and as always Costcos will differ, but FYI gunners.

BTW, despite the pending storm I took the time to go to customer service and ask for a price adjustment refund for my 2 previous $14.97 purchses down to $9,97, but it seems every size now has a different skew number and since the size I originally bought were all gone they couldn't honour their usually excellent policy (which is that they'll do it as long as the item is still in stock, this sku thing was a tricky refund work around for Costco, but I forgive them. I mean, Cloudveil has to make money somehow even if it's mine).

ryukin81
03-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up. checked out Calgary Sunridge location. didn't see anything there.

Ruff
03-14-2017, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up. checked out Calgary Sunridge location. didn't see anything there.

I should have mentioned that the supply here was down to 1/3-1/4 of the usual tables, not that easy to see but I was looking for the .97s.

Getting calls and phoning around the east here, watching the news, and looking out the windows, I do have to take back the suggestion that the current storm, Stella, isn't amounting to much. I take it back, I take it back! Stella!

awndray
03-14-2017, 05:31 PM
I was at the Barrhaven location last weekend. No Cloudveil in sight.

Ruff
03-14-2017, 05:39 PM
I was at the Barrhaven location last weekend. No Cloudveil in sight.

I was in fact at the Barrhaven one. Should have mentioned that. They may have taken in everything from the region and put them on sale there; they do that.

awndray
03-14-2017, 07:28 PM
I'll have to check again.

Ruff
03-18-2017, 06:07 PM
Brought home some Costco merino wool "Trail Socks," the grey-blue jobs with stripes on the soles as if they were Hudson's Bay blankets. They're on clearance now too, $9.97 / 4 pairs. However, wearing a pair for a day now, I'm not convinced these are the same quality as in previous years, something about them... but maybe it's just that they're new and if I wear them around some more and change my mind, I'll post that. But mind you, good price no matter what.

awndray
03-19-2017, 06:10 AM
Ha! I did the same. I also found the Cloudveil shirts, but they were out of the bottoms.

Ruff
03-19-2017, 07:55 AM
Ha! I did the same. I also found the Cloudveil shirts, but they were out of the bottoms.

If they had merino bottoms, I never even saw them.