PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have dealings with westrifle.com?

jfriedrich19
03-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Hi All,

Just looking for some input, while looking for/at Mosin Nagants I came across westrifle.com. Has anyone dealt with them regarding mosin's? Was it a good experience? Only reason I ask is it appears they have some older ones, a lot older than what I've been able to find elsewhere. I love old stuff, and if they are a good reputable dealer I'll for sure be sending them some of my money once my paperwork/license comes.

Thanks again for any info/suggestions,
Jordan

kennymo
03-07-2017, 01:37 PM
I bought two 91/30's from them a couple years back. Packaging could've been a little sturdier (one barrel poking out of the box at delivery) but it all arrived promptly and undamaged. I'd ordered a 1930's hex receiver and a wartime round receiver in much nicer shape than the 'shooter grade' 91/30 I already owned. They're pretty nice, I think one has a very small arsenal repair to the stock. They're a little to a lot more expensive than shopping at Canadian Tire, but I guess that's the price you pay for shopping specific dates and not counting on luck to find the one you want.

762shooter
03-07-2017, 08:35 PM
I had a poor experience with them.

jfriedrich19
03-07-2017, 09:05 PM
I had a poor experience with them.

Care to elaborate 762shooter? How was your experience poor?

jfriedrich19
03-07-2017, 09:24 PM
I bought two 91/30's from them a couple years back. Packaging could've been a little sturdier (one barrel poking out of the box at delivery) but it all arrived promptly and undamaged. I'd ordered a 1930's hex receiver and a wartime round receiver in much nicer shape than the 'shooter grade' 91/30 I already owned. They're pretty nice, I think one has a very small arsenal repair to the stock. They're a little to a lot more expensive than shopping at Canadian Tire, but I guess that's the price you pay for shopping specific dates and not counting on luck to find the one you want.

Thanks kennymo! Good to hear it went well in your dealings with them accept for the packaging. Hopefully their packaging methods have improved since then. Thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned, love the older stuff that's what put me onto these guys. Would rather have a 1930's or earlier variant vs. a second world war era variant. Thanks again.

Billythreefeathers
03-08-2017, 03:15 PM
I've ordered a couple of scopes,, no problems

DOOK
03-08-2017, 03:29 PM
I have several rifles, and accessories from them. They have always been an excellent value with great customer support in my experience.
They deal directly with suppliers, and hand select what they import.

Strewth
03-08-2017, 05:05 PM
I have several rifles, and accessories from them. They have always been an excellent value with great customer support in my experience.
They deal directly with suppliers, and hand select what they import.

This; I found Westrifle very easy to deal with, and they try to be as honest as possible regarding the quality of their products.

762shooter
03-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Care to elaborate 762shooter? How was your experience poor?

Rifle arrived with broken parts and the second worst bore that I've ever seen. Seller refused to do anything to make it right. I ended having to find replacement parts at my own expense. I scrubbed the bore with a stainless steel brush for what seemed like hours to get it shootable. Sold it at a loss. Probably the worst gun deal I've ever been on the receiving end of.

jfriedrich19
03-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Thanks Guys for the input its greatly appreciated!!

Mark-II
03-11-2017, 12:10 AM
I prefer Tradeex, if they have the same thing.

I think it's a bit much the premium they charge for rifles based on date, with no grading done for condition.

But I've bought smalls from them mostly without issue.

jfriedrich19
03-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Thanks Mark-II!

SpenceyHR
03-11-2017, 10:10 PM
The one mosin I've bought from westrifle happened without issue. I'll also backup Mark-II's endorsement of trade ex.

webster
04-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Bought from them once, will never do it again. The scope arrived with broken covers, not a huge deal, but they also sent me the wrong muzzle brake, and have ignored the three emails I sent asking about an exchange. Now I'm sitting on a part I don't want that I'll probably end up selling at a loss. It's too bad because they sell some cool stuff I haven't seen anywhere else, but I can't justify giving money to a company that clearly doesn't care about its customers.

Trade Ex, on the other hand, is great. I've bought from them many times and will continue to do so.

DasMauser
06-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Ordered from westrifle a few times as well, small things and some ammo, never an issue. I know they charge a bit more but they have some of the nicest looking sks's around anymore (blued steel instead of bbq paint).

Btw, they have ruskie 7.62 x39 in stock if anyones interested. I find it more consistent than the chinese stuff.

+1 for trade ex, they have some cool stuff flow through there

Sinbad
06-10-2017, 09:33 PM
I've dealt with them no problems

Sinbad
06-10-2017, 09:36 PM
The Only thing negative I can say about their SKS are they're Frankenpinned Which is my least favorite way of pinning, but they post pics so there is no surprises if your looking
Ordered from westrifle a few times as well, small things and some ammo, never an issue. I know they charge a bit more but they have some of the nicest looking sks's around anymore (blued steel instead of bbq paint).

Btw, they have ruskie 7.62 x39 in stock if anyones interested. I find it more consistent than the chinese stuff.

+1 for trade ex, they have some cool stuff flow through there

dogzilla
07-19-2017, 04:09 PM
I bought my '49 from them, and one of my mosins (cannot remember which..) I also bought a steel 5/30 sks mag when they first started showing up. I know I did have to call once to clear something up, but all in all my crappy memory says 'I would buy again'....