PDA

View Full Version : CCFR Report card for CPC leadership candidates released tomorrow.

soulchaser
03-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Preview:

Maxime Bernier - A+
Erin O'toole is an - A
Andrew Scheer - A
Brad Trost - A
Steven Blaney - A-
Kellie Leitch - A-

labradort
03-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Interesting teaser. But talk is cheap. Who sticks by their word, looking at their track history? Sometimes the ones who try too hard to have the answers are the first to fail, because they want power too badly and will fold to whatever provides the path.

Pizzed
03-07-2017, 08:28 PM
^Yeah, where is that Star Wars guy and, "It's a trap!" ?

jwirecom109
03-07-2017, 08:45 PM
not news moved to proper section

Carguy2550
03-07-2017, 11:51 PM
Go Mad Max!!!

88 louie
03-08-2017, 01:27 AM
Interesting teaser. But talk is cheap. Who sticks by their word, looking at their track history? Sometimes the ones who try too hard to have the answers are the first to fail, because they want power too badly and will fold to whatever provides the path.
Funny you say that ^
I just watched a Rebel Vid on Utube by Andrew Lawton. Regarding an ad where Max references taking the red pill from the movie the Matrix. the sjw's are twisting it to the mgtow movement, calling him a misogynist and saying that he supports rape culture. Apparently Erin O'toole and Lisa Raitt have said he should apologize, cow towing to the liberal mind set.
Raitt is not on the above list, though O'toole is & that is why I posted this. Obviously he wants the power and will say anything to get it. Looks like my list is going to be Bernier, Scheer, Still undecided for the rest. I have to research Trost, I like Lemieux, hesitant about Blaney...

Doug_M
03-08-2017, 05:39 AM
Funny you say that ^
I just a Rebel Vid on Utube by Andrew Lawton. Regarding an ad where Max references taking the red pill from the movie the Matrix. the sjw's are twisting it to the mgtow movement, calling him a misogynist and saying that he supports rape culture. Apparently Erin O'toole and Lisa Raitt have said he should apologize, cow towing to the liberal mind set.
Raitt is not on the above list, though O'toole is & that is why I posted this. Obviously he wants the power and will say anything to get it. Looks like my list is going to be Bernier, Scheer, Still undecided for the rest. I have to research Trost, I like Lemieux, hesitant about Blaney...

EXACTLY! I wasn't surprised to see Raitt's "wtf Max" tweet, but I didn't know O'toole jumped on the SJW bandwagon. Too bad.

LB303
03-08-2017, 09:03 AM
In the broad strokes of it, my assessment of these candidates very closely aligns with CCFR's.

There is a core of firearm friendlies from which the eventual leader may draw a cabinet, especially for the Public Safety and Justice portfolios, so as long as the Cons form the next government, we can expect better treatment. The fly in the ointment once again will be the SCC and Grit appointees in the civil service generally, unless the new Ministers establish who's boss, or revamp the CFO concept from the ground up. Which possibly means eliminating the position.

The question remains how to form a government. The successful leader will come out with economic policies to woo the voters, most of whom know nothing about firearms and don't care. I like Max's platform so far. Just to recap:

Scrap the carbon tax
Reduce income tax to 0% on the first $15,000 earned
Reduce income tax to 15% on the next $85,000 earned
Reduce income tax to 25% on income earned over $100,000
Abolish the capital gains tax
Pay for tax cuts by shrinking big government and ending corporate welfare

Essentially he's aiming at giving back what we are losing to provincial governments in the form of ever increasing user fees and green energy subsidies, in a simple to understand format. The importance of that last aspect cannot be understated.

CLW .45
03-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Where are the other candidates?

coastal
03-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Funny you say that ^
I just a Rebel Vid on Utube by Andrew Lawton. Regarding an ad where Max references taking the red pill from the movie the Matrix. the sjw's are twisting it to the mgtow movement, calling him a misogynist and saying that he supports rape culture. Apparently Erin O'toole and Lisa Raitt have said he should apologize, cow towing to the liberal mind set.

Holy crap...these people are nuts, I had to look up the video. GO MAX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAzJgcvZd3M&list=PL2HWRRSziC_FQn-x5w-aLhJ8nv9HP3zod

I love this guys comment:

"They are coming for our memes now. They'll have to pry these memes from my cold hands."

Doug_M
03-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Where are the other candidates?

They are all at the CCFR's website but the CCFR sent out an email for a "preview" of this list with a special password for members only. The page is going to be released to the general public later. I guess that was to make members feel they are getting "value" but is really just a cheap trick.

EDIT: It seems open to the "public" now https://firearmrights.ca/en/ccfr-report-cards-cpc-leadership-election/

RangeBob
03-08-2017, 03:17 PM
EDIT: It seems open to the "public" now https://firearmrights.ca/en/ccfr-report-cards-cpc-leadership-election/

According to that,
Lisa Raitt promises that her government would appoint a Firearms Advisory Committee.
Is that not enough ?

A few of them seem to be similar in that regard. e.g. Rick Peterson would use an unspecified committee to recommend policy. Andrew Saxton would use a well rounded committee.

Doug_M
03-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Andrew Saxton would use a well rounded committee.

I prefer committees to be ellipsoid.

Joshua13
03-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Sheer got an A! Should be first or second choice on the ballot!

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk

Carguy2550
03-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Sheer got an A! Should be first or second choice on the ballot!

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk

Just make sure Mad Max is your first or second choice. I think he'll win based on second choices. As for Mr. O'Toole I will be putting him in fourth or fifth for his pandering (see red pill incident).

Pariegh
03-11-2017, 08:02 PM
I think the candidate who has made an effort to work with gun owners should be everyone's first choice. A lot of the others are more like "I'm gonna do this and this so money and votes pleez." Bernier seems like he actually cares to work with and for gun owners, instead of simple pandering and promising the world to us.