PDA

View Full Version : RCBS rebate

MiniMe
09-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Not sure if this was posted already, but here it goes:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/userdocs/Rebates/RCBS249RebateCoupon.pdf

Stew Chunks
09-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Prophet River is bringing in a RockChucker Kit for 300 (250 after rebate). For those looking for a good reloading kit

Yamaholic
09-21-2012, 06:04 AM
Prophet River is bringing in a RockChucker Kit for 300 (250 after rebate). For those looking for a good reloading kit

I saw this deal also, its hard not to buy one at that price.

chalkriver
09-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Mine and some dies is on its way
Shipping to Ont is only $25 :D

Satain
09-22-2012, 10:52 PM
WoW!
Awesome!
Thanx ;)

FightingShiba's
09-29-2012, 01:47 PM
The shipment has arrived at Prophet River, picked my order up today. Now I just need to get a space set up for re-loading.

jonanddad
10-01-2012, 11:57 PM
So I am buying the kit for $300 best deal around, even out of the USA

sDot
10-02-2012, 04:30 AM
I just bought my kit and its on the way. Now since my kids are preventing me from reading my reloading book, what do I need now? Some dies? I need to start reloading 30-06 and 9mm for now. I see there are some different types of dies so I gotta figure out what I need.

jonanddad
10-02-2012, 10:49 AM
well if you have brass that was fired in a different 30-06 you would want the full length die, if it has only been the one gun of yours a neck sizing die would be okay. Best to have both anyway. For pistol the carbide dies are "suppose" to be better as you dont need lube, etc, but if I was to get carbide dies I would still lube just to be safe.

FYI: this is my understanding as I am still new to reloading this information could be wrong

sDot
10-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I see the kits with 3 dies. Is that standard.

jonanddad
10-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I see the kits with 3 dies. Is that standard.

Yes usually they include a sizing die, bullet seater die and crimper die.

sDot
10-02-2012, 06:17 PM
This seems like its going to be fun..

blacksmithden
10-02-2012, 09:30 PM
well if you have brass that was fired in a different 30-06 you would want the full length die, if it has only been the one gun of yours a neck sizing die would be okay. Best to have both anyway. For pistol the carbide dies are "suppose" to be better as you dont need lube, etc, but if I was to get carbide dies I would still lube just to be safe.

FYI: this is my understanding as I am still new to reloading this information could be wrong

You're right on the money young apprentice.....I've got a set of Lee carbide dies that I use for my 44 mag stuff, and I've never needed any lube.

jonanddad
10-02-2012, 10:10 PM
You're right on the money young apprentice.....I've got a set of Lee carbide dies that I use for my 44 mag stuff, and I've never needed any lube.

Well I have a great instructor :)

sDot
10-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok.. ordered some dies and some lube, hopefully i should have most of what I need..

awndray
10-24-2012, 10:47 AM
I've been contemplating this purchase for nearly a month now. I'm still undecided. On the one hand, I would like to learn something new. On the other hand, it's money that could be spent on a hunting rig or other stuff. I realize that getting into reloading isn't so much about saving money these days. From my research, my understanding is that it more about fine tuning and consistency.

Part of me wants to buy the Rock Chucker along with the Charge Master combo because it's a decent deal. Part of me wants to hold off on the CM because it's not really necessary. Then part of me is thinking I'll probably end up putting the RC aside in a closet and not touch it for a while because I still have to buy a bunch of other stuff to go along with it.

Ugh! I had being indecisive. I'm not looking for encouragement or some form of reasoning. I'm just thinking out loud. /rant

sDot
10-24-2012, 11:39 AM
I've been contemplating this purchase for nearly a month now. I'm still undecided. On the one hand, I would like to learn something new. On the other hand, it's money that could be spent on a hunting rig or other stuff. I realize that getting into reloading isn't so much about saving money these days. From my research, my understanding is that it more about fine tuning and consistency.

Part of me wants to buy the Rock Chucker along with the Charge Master combo because it's a decent deal. Part of me wants to hold off on the CM because it's not really necessary. Then part of me is thinking I'll probably end up putting the RC aside in a closet and not touch it for a while because I still have to buy a bunch of other stuff to go along with it.

Ugh! I had being indecisive. I'm not looking for encouragement or some form of reasoning. I'm just thinking out loud. /rant

Buy it, you can't go wrong.

I don't even have the time for it, but I bought everything so when I get a chance i'll have it, and would have gotten it at a good price.

Rory McCanuck
10-24-2012, 11:02 PM
awndray, buy the kit. If you decide to pass it on in future, you won't lose anything.
If you have the kit, it will be some motivation to read up on it and learn how.
Once you know how, you'll want to try it.
Once you fire the first round, (with eyes shut, and 91- already dialed on the phone)
you'll be hooked.
I shoot easily 5x as much now, because it is cheaper, and because I'm always trying
new loads, looking for 'The One'.
After you've reloaded for a while, then you'll want to treat yourself to the ChargeMaster.

awndray
10-25-2012, 05:45 AM
I pulled the trigger. :)

Now I'll go pick up at least onebook to read up on it while I'm on a 20+ hour flight. I already can't wait to get back from a trip I haven't left for yet.

FightingShiba's
10-25-2012, 09:50 AM
I pulled the trigger. :)

Now I'll go pick up at least onebook to read up on it while I'm on a 20+ hour flight. I already can't wait to get back from a trip I haven't left for yet.

I'm reading The ABC's of Reloading, seems to be a pretty good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory McCanuck
10-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Does the kit come with the Sierra manual?
Or will you have left before it gets there?
I find I look in my Lee book first for loads, and the how-to is really good.

awndray
10-25-2012, 12:21 PM
It comes with the Speer Reloading Manual #14 but I'll be long gone by the time it gets here. I'll just go out and buy a different one. Everybody says that's a good idea.

M.T. Chambers
10-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Yes usually they include sizing die, bullet seater die and crimper die.
Just to keep things strait for new reloaders.....the standard die set for strait wall cartridges(pistol and some older rifles) is three dies, a resize/decapping die, an expander die, and a seating/crimping die..Bottle neck case dies are usually 2 dies as they decap/resize/expand with the same die, but have no provision for FLARING case mouths for cast bullets. For bottleneck (rifle) dies, Forster and esp. Redding have some good gear, ie: a deluxe die set which includes both a neck sizing die and a full length sizing die, or a bushing type resizer which allows you to alter case neck tension for seating bullets.
Prophet River's deal is a good one and folks looking for kit that should last a lifetime would be well advised to consider this deal, I have always had a couple of them set up for work that my fav. press isn't set-up for, for my money RCBS is good equipment.
Folks that use lube case sizing know that it adds 2 steps to the process, apply lube, then after sizing; remove lube, carbide dies are used without lube and not just to save steps in the process. It may be impossible to remove every trace of lube from your cases and in some instances don't grip the chamber walls and could tie up your revolver. I buy Redding Carbide dies for absolutely all my revolver reloading, but wouldn't shun RCBS or even Lyman/Hornady carbides............Ben

awndray
02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Other than having read the book that came with the kit, I haven't touched anything yet. I plan on using this press to reload for my Poly M305. I've read a few reviews about the RCBS X-Die kit. I've also read a lot of controversial information about full length versus neck/small base resizing. Does anybody here reload for the M305/M1A? Any insight?

I want to go out and pick up the remaining parts I will need to get started. I assume the dies, shell holder, case trimmer (or maybe not if I use the X-Dies, apparently), deburring tool...

jdman
02-05-2013, 03:51 AM
if anyones bench is too low for this press,(my bench is) i have a riser i made for mine, which i no longer need.(bought a dillon 550) i think it is a 6 inch lift. solid "c" channel sides, with a 3/8 plate on top. Can be painted black, white or pink. free to anyone who needs a lift, just pay shipping. :D
PM if interested.

Just made an aluminum one tonight for the dillon. 60$ for a strong mount, pfft.