PDA

View Full Version : Ouch Scheer, my back!!

IJ22
06-07-2017, 08:02 PM
So the CPC voted in support of the carbon tax. WTF? OK Libertarians, it's looking good for you guys as far as my vote goes. Scheer has some splainin to do. Petition at the link.

https://www.therebel.media/backstabbers

There was a vote in the House of Commons to reaffirm Canadaís commitment to implementing the global warming wealth redistributionist scheme called the Paris Agreement.

The motion brought forward by Liberal MP Bardish Chagger read as follows:

That, in the opinion of the House, climate change is a global problem that requires a global solution; and that, despite the withdrawal of the United States from the Paris Agreement, Canada remains committed to the implementation of the Agreement, as it is in the best interest of all Canadians.

That last part is really important because the way the Liberals are implementing the Paris Agreement is their carbon tax.

So, to vote to support the implementation of the Paris Agreement is to support the carbon tax.

The Paris Agreement has already been ratified. There was no need for the Liberals to bring forward this motion now except for cheap politics.

It was a jab at our closest ally, Donald Trump for just having withdrawn from the Paris Agreement. It was an abandonment of Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall who is fighting the carbon tax with everything heís got. It was a way for the Liberals to test the new Conservative leader, Andrew Scheer.

The results? The Conservatives voted to support the Paris Agreement and Andrew Scheer made sure they did. The vote was whipped. MPs were pressed to vote the party line of a yes vote, or face consequences.

Every single Conservative MP who stood to vote voted yes to the Paris Accord except Cheryl Gallant. It took an Ontario Conservative MP to go down swinging for Alberta and she will likely pay a huge price with the party for her principled stand.

Conservatives thought they could vote for this and no one would notice or care. They misjudged us. We care a lot.

Now itís our job to make sure they donít do it again and never forget who sent them to Ottawa and why theyíre there.

Political parties run on donations and volunteers. So, Iím asking you to do something different. Iím asking you to stand up for yourself.

Sign my petition to Andrew Scheer and pledge that until the Conservative Party of Canada renounces its support for the UNís ďParis AgreementĒ on global warming, they will not get any more of my donations or volunteer time.

This Conservative party has earned neither my money nor my time and they wonít get any more of either until they change.

Forbes/Hutton
06-07-2017, 08:12 PM
When I get the "please support us with money so we can beat Tardo" call, I'll point out I'm not yet seeing a difference between them and the lieberals, and all my money went to paying the Ontario carbon tax.

blacksmithden
06-07-2017, 08:20 PM
When I get the "please support us with money so we can beat Tardo" call, I'll point out I'm not yet seeing a difference between them and the lieberals, and all my money went to paying the Ontario carbon tax.

Mooooother fu........... That dirty turn coat piece of........ My conscience is clear. I voted for Max.

soulchaser
06-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Calm down fellas.

There is a strategy here. This was an attempt by the Liberals to set a trap for Scheer. I'm told they had a media campaign set to go once the CPC voted against the motion. All part of the Liberals attempt to define him.

Wynne has tried to do the same thing to PC leader Brown in Ontario.

Forbes/Hutton
06-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Calm down fellas.

There is a strategy here. This was an attempt by the Liberals to set a trap for Scheer. I'm told they had a media campaign set to go once the CPC voted against the motion. All part of the Liberals attempt to define him.

I ain't buying a train ticket until it's back on track.

soulchaser
06-07-2017, 08:27 PM

Except we would have been paying the Ontario carbon tax even without the Paris Accord or Trudeau and the Liberals being in power.

The Paris Accord is a useless document. Even the father of the theory of man made climate change said so.

IJ22
06-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Calm down fellas.

So what's the strategy, alienate loyal conservative voters and chase liberal votes? Yeah, that'll work, the only thing keeping Liberal voters from voting CPC is a meaningless Paris Agreement motion.

soulchaser
06-07-2017, 08:36 PM
So the CPC voted in support of the carbon tax. WTF? OK Libertarians, it's looking good for you guys as far as my vote goes. Scheer has some splainin to do. Petition at the link.

https://www.therebel.media/backstabbers

Misleading title.

The Paris Accord makes no call for a carbon tax.

Trudeau was calling for a carbon tax long before Paris.

Sadly, Rebel is beginning to circle the bowl.

Ezra went on a rant against Sears for pulling their advertising from the site calling them anti semetic.

soulchaser
06-07-2017, 08:45 PM
So what's the strategy, alienate loyal conservative voters and chase liberal votes? Yeah, that'll work, the only thing keeping Liberal voters from voting CPC is a meaningless Paris Agreement motion.

Paris Accord calls for reducing emissions.

It has nothing to do with implementing a carbon tax in Canada and Rebel trying to insinuate the CPC just voted to support a carbon tax is 100% bullshit.

Need I remind you the Harper CPC voted to support these kinds of documents too?

Or that Harper was in favour of cap and trade as long as the US did it too?

Haywire1
06-07-2017, 09:02 PM
While everyone goes off half cocked, i shoukd point out that

1) the vote simply reaffirmed Canada's commitment to meeting its targets under the Paris accord. The exact same targets that were voted in under Harper, that yall didnt really say squat about.

2) the vote today has nothing to do with a carbon tax. In fact a carbon tax wasnt mentioned by anyone speaking today, nor is it present in the wording of the motion. In fact a cap and trade setup would also meet the targets for example

3) i admit i am slightly to the right of Attila the Hun politically, but i view ezra as a sensationalist who is no different than the cbc, just in the opposite direction. I mean this, the whole "muslims dont need pictures for pals(just like any other canadian whose religions dont allow for pictures) is really adding up. I mean geez, i read a couple articles before i posted, and the cbc article was LESS biased then ezra.

Dont do the same thing the lefties do and jump on a bandwagon because the news said so, do a little research first.

Pariegh
06-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Dont do the same thing the lefties do and jump on a bandwagon because the news said so, do a little research first.

^This.

The same logic that applies to internet reviews should also apply to the media you intake. Disregard the 5 star reviews because it's the people who either love it and are deliberately overlooking it's flaws, or they are trying to sell it and telling you what you want to hear. Throw in a few lemons and the reverse is true with 1 stars. Look at the 2,3, and 4 star reviews to get the best picture of the good, the bad, and the mediocre aspects of it.

The way this should apply to media, is take Right or Left wing news (such as The Rebel or CBC) and garbage it, ignore it, take it with a grain of salt. It is what people on either side want to hear, truths are twisted in a way to make them most saleable to the largest possible audience, in order to make the most profit off it and/or further an agenda. Look at multiple sources from both sides closer to the center of the road if you want a more accurate picture of what is actually going on.

The Rebel is going downhill fast, and while I appreciate that they weren't afraid to discuss difficult topics, they have the tendency lately to scream "FIRE" and dial 911 whenever they see someone out smoking a cigarette, as that is what their audience wants to hear. Simply put, creating and promoting controversy makes the media more money, it doesn't actually accomplish much else.

soulchaser
06-07-2017, 09:56 PM
While everyone goes off half cocked, i shoukd point out that

1) the vote simply reaffirmed Canada's commitment to meeting its targets under the Paris accord. The exact same targets that were voted in under Harper, that yall didnt really say squat about.

2) the vote today has nothing to do with a carbon tax. In fact a carbon tax wasnt mentioned by anyone speaking today, nor is it present in the wording of the motion. In fact a cap and trade setup would also meet the targets for example

3) i admit i am slightly to the right of Attila the Hun politically, but i view ezra as a sensationalist who is no different than the cbc, just in the opposite direction. I mean this, the whole "muslims dont need pictures for pals(just like any other canadian whose religions dont allow for pictures) is really adding up. I mean geez, i read a couple articles before i posted, and the cbc article was LESS biased then ezra.

What he said.

Which is what I said, only Haywire1 was more succinct.

Or to put it more bluntly, Rebel is Scheermongering.

RangeBob
06-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Scheermongering.
:) .

hawk-i
06-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Calm down fellas.

Bullderdash.

soulchaser
06-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Not only is Levant's claim of the CPC voting for a carbon tax 100% bulls--t, he tagged a PARODY Andrew Scheer twitter account in his posting of this misleading rant on twitter.

awndray
06-08-2017, 05:15 AM
Never liked Ezra Levant. Still don't. I don't know why so many do.

awndray
06-08-2017, 05:28 AM
Here's another article on the subject.

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/16988700

killer kane
06-08-2017, 07:12 AM
I like most of his staff. I am starting to wonder about him though.

Billythreefeathers
06-08-2017, 07:32 AM
I like most of his staff. I am starting to wonder about him though.

it's what happens when he goes off his meds

FlyingHigh
06-08-2017, 08:28 AM
How did Bernier vote?

Mark-II
06-08-2017, 08:29 AM
I haven't watched Ezra in a long time. Some of the others aren't too bad.

I don't want left wing news, and I don't want right wing news

I want fact and truth, not opinion and spin.

I want trust, not research 10 sources and try to deduce wtf is really going on.

Journalism: What a lost concept...

Butters Stotch
06-08-2017, 08:31 AM
How did Bernier vote?

Cheryl Gallant was the only one to vote against IIRC.

soulchaser
06-08-2017, 08:48 AM

Correct.

But there are 338 MP's and only 273 voted. So 65 MP's were absent or abstained.

There is a tradition where on the day of a vote, if a party has say 10 MP's absent, then the other parties in the HOC will have 10 of their members not vote.

IJ22
06-08-2017, 09:47 AM
The Paris agreement is horsecrap. Carbon tax is horsecrap. The CPC just voted in favour of horsecrap. That's horsecrap. We need a Trump.

CLW .45
06-08-2017, 10:00 AM
As Mark Steyn said, they can't fill the potholes or fight the terrorists, but they can reset the planet's thermometer by 1/3 of a degree C by 2200.

Idiots all.

FlyingHigh
06-08-2017, 11:04 AM

Bingo. Unless he was absent or abstained, (i havent checked yet), everyone should settle down and ease off Scheer. I see this as a political move not to give the liberals and media somethint to salivate at.

soulchaser
06-08-2017, 11:10 AM
The Paris agreement is horsecrap. Carbon tax is horsecrap. The CPC just voted in favour of horsecrap. That's horsecrap. We need a Trump.

The biggest pile of horsecrap here are the lies spewing out of Ezra Levant's mouth.

Levant is like Trump in that the majority of the s--t he spews has no basis in reality.

soulchaser
06-08-2017, 11:19 AM
And you can expect Levant to get even worse now the Supreme Court has declined to hear his appeal of a libel conviction.

awndray
06-08-2017, 11:32 AM
We need a Trump.

No.

soulchaser
06-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Perhaps Levant should have actually tried to seek clarification from the CPC before becoming unhinged and going on his misinformed rant. Like say......

John Barlow, Alberta CPC MLA
There have been social media posts stating our decision to reaffirm our support for the Paris Accord somehow depicts a change in course for Conservatives and we now support the Liberal's disastrous carbon tax. This is categorically incorrect.

Since the Liberals were elected in 2015, I have worked extensively advocating for Alberta's energy sector and trying to change the Liberals' misperceptions of Alberta. I have ADAMANTLY opposed a carbon tax and I will proudly continue to do so. I have done so in the riding, in the House, and as vice-chair of the Standing Committee on Natural Resources.

One of the main reasons I support Andrew as leader is his commitment to champion our resource sector and to repeal the federal carbon tax. We both agree we can meet our environment goals without imposing a job-killing carbon tax.

I want to provide some clarification on the MOTION put forward by the Liberals. It is not a bill and has zero legislative power.

The vast majority of Canadians - including Conservatives - want us to be part of the Paris Agreement. That being said, the Paris Accord is a commitment for nations to set their own aspirational emissions targets. Those targets are NON-BINDING. Our only obligation under the agreement is periodic reporting on our emissions, which we do anyways. You can read the agreement here: http://unfccc.int/resource/docs/2015/cop21/eng/l09.pdf

There is confusion regarding the non-binding Paris Accord and Kyoto. The Kyoto protocol would have required Canada to buy emissions credits from other countries. THAT agreement would have led to wealth-transfer without emissions reductions. As such, our party has always opposed it. Stephen Harper signed onto the Copenhagen agreement, while rejecting Kyoto.

Under Stephen Harper, greenhouse gas emissions went DOWN - without industry being undercut, and without new taxes. Going forward, our party has a choice - either argue about the science of climate change, or defend our record while focusing on the Liberal's carbon tax agenda. I prefer the latter.

Finally, we do much more damage to our energy industry by publicly opposing a non-binding agreement. We should be part of the agreement, while defending our industry, and our record. Pulling out would put a big target on the back of our industry, making it harder to gain market access.

As Conservatives, we need to stand up for Alberta's interests and we are - but we also need to show we have policies that appeal to a broad number of Canadians.

We made a decision to reaffirm our support for the Paris Accord, which we supported last year. In doing so it will help us win in 2019 so we can return to government, repeal the carbon tax, and get Alberta back on track.

I hope this helps, and please feel free to share this with anyone who is asking questions or claiming this vote somehow indicates Conservatives are now supporting the Liberal carbon tax.

Thank you for taking the time to write on this very important issue.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
John

firemachine69
06-08-2017, 06:00 PM
And you can expect Levant to get even worse now the Supreme Court has declined to hear his appeal of a libel conviction.

Libel laws are horsecrap in the first place.

IJ22
06-08-2017, 08:21 PM
Hmm. sounds to me like Mr. Barlow is saying
the only thing keeping Liberal voters from voting CPC is a meaningless Paris Agreement motion..

Let's see how that works out.

killer kane
06-09-2017, 07:40 AM
The whole paris accord and all other wealth redistribution schemes like it should be ignored, as should the u.n. in general.

CLW .45
06-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Anything, anything at all that supports the climate change hysteria is support for carbon (dioxide) taxes.

LB303
06-09-2017, 10:11 AM
blah blah oppose carbon tax blah blah blah support Paris for the votes it gets us

news flash politics the second oldest profession

in other news elvis still dead