PDA

View Full Version : Kathleen Wynne warns of the risks of a victory by Patrick Brown and the PCs

Billythreefeathers
06-14-2017, 07:59 AM
Kathleen Wynne warns of the risks of a victory by Patrick Brown and the PCs

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2017/06/13/kathleen-wynne-warns-of-the-risks-of-a-victory-by-patrick-brown-and-the-pcs.html

Change for the sake of change will put pharmacare and a higher minimum wage at risk, warns Premier Kathleen Wynne.

In a wide-ranging interview with the Star, the premier said Tuesday that she getting ready for an election now less than a year away.

Wynne, who trails Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown in most polls and lost a June 1 byelection to the Tories in Sault Ste. Marie, said the Liberals plan to remind Ontario voters of the downside to change.

“Part of this discussion around change is change to what and change from what? That’s why all I can do is make it clear what we have done and then talk about how we’re going to build on it,” she said.

The premier insisted next year’s campaign will differ from the occasion on which her predecessor Dalton McGuinty toppled a Conservative government by urging Ontarians to “choose change.”

“In 2003, the change was to a very clear set of priorities. Education was our number one priority. We were very clear about investing in healthcare. We had some very clear principles that we were operating on . . . that we believed that public service was important, that we believed in public institutions,” she said.

Brown, in contrast to McGuinty in 2002 and 2003, has yet to reveal much in the way of policy plans.

Asked about the 39-year-old Tory leader’s new ad blitz, which shows him marching in the Pride parade and meeting with Ontarians from many different cultural communities, Wynne expressed wariness.

“I don’t know who he is or what he is. I don’t know what he stands for,” she said, alluding to Brown’s rebranding of himself as a progressive after voting against same-sex marriage and access to abortion as a federal MP.

“The people of Ontario are going to have to ask him those questions. It’s quite unclear what he believes in or what he stands for.”

Although she will be 65 by election day, she is not yet thinking about retirement, Wynne stressed.

“I have known older politicians than 64. I am focused on June 2018 and we’ll have that conversation after I win the next election . . . if I win the next election,” she said.

“We’ve still got a lot to do. I’m eager to get (to) it.”

The famously competitive premier said she will be proud to tout the Liberal government’s record, including a new pharmacare plan, which provides prescription coverage of 4,400 medications for everyone under 25, and a $14-an-hour minimum wage.

Both measures kick in on Jan. 1. The minimum wage, which stands at $11.40-an-hour, is scheduled to jump to $15 in 2019.

Wynne said the Liberal campaign will not be shy about pointing out that those gains could be lost if Brown’s Tories win the election.

“That will be part of the subscript, obviously, because we’re different. We are different parties. We’re different people. We have different sensibilities and different values, as far as I can tell,” she said.

“So that’s obviously going to have to be part of the discussion.”

The premier also indicated that, as she did in 2014 when she successfully campaigned against then Conservative prime minister Stephen Harper, she is willing to look further afield than Queen’s Park for a political foil.

That means tackling U.S. President Donald Trump while on the hustings in Ontario.

“The fact is we’re operating in a political environment and a cultural environment and an economic environment that is made more uncertain by the . . . current president of the United States. That’s a reality,” she said.

“What you’ve seen us doing over the last couple of years is trying to address the uncertainty of the economy, and I would say that’s going to be very much a part of the election campaign.”

Billythreefeathers
06-14-2017, 07:59 AM
smells like early election,,,

kennymo
06-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Already using that $15 as a club, huh?

soulchaser
06-14-2017, 08:34 AM
smells like early election,,,

No, smells like parhetic desperation.

Every other fear mongering attempt she's tried against Brown has failed spectacularly

awndray
06-14-2017, 09:11 AM
Change for the sake of change...

Real Change™

Am I right?

CLW .45
06-14-2017, 09:56 AM
And the risk of a loss by Brown? See the thread on Venezuela.

LB303
06-14-2017, 10:01 AM
Sadly the Brown PCs aren't much of an alternative

goosesniper
06-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Not to be stereotypical, but is it a common consensus, that the poorer you are the more left you vote? If this is generally true then the stats that were presented in another post that 95% of all Canadians make less than 30k. If this is also true, then we are a poor people nation. How can we ever really win against the left? Its a constant fight. Because of this. I don't have any confidence in either the provincial or federal elections. I hope i am devastatingly wrong. Keep up the fight comrades.
Its lack of confidence in the people i have. Traitors of their own real beliefs in some cases. Just caught up in the liberal selfie bandwagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blacksmithden
06-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Smells like "We screwed everything up. Everybody knows it. We dont know how to fix it. We look like idiots. Better try the fear monger angle because thats all we have left."

glockfan
06-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Education was our number one priority. We were very clear about investing in healthcare.

yeah throwing billions to unions so she can buy the next election with little to no improvement in the quality of the services..........she will be beaten because she generally increased the tax load on ontarians ,and because the hydro one scam where the middle class have seen a drastic increase in their electricity bills that they are barely able to pay......

then she use the gay parade as a mirror of an existential problem that exist only in their sick progressive mind, a smoke screen used to fool people.....

Waterloomike
06-14-2017, 10:44 AM
The only risk is she won't be premier or prime briber and bribe taker.

Screw her. Toss her under a fast rolling Euclid loaded.

LB303
06-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Oh, would that be one of those Euclids that aren't being made? I wonder whether we can lay any of the blame for that on government
hitachi-lays-off-entire-production-staff-at-guelph-plant (https://www.guelphtoday.com/local-news/hitachi-lays-off-entire-production-staff-at-guelph-plant-483359)

M1917 Enfield
06-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Not to be stereotypical, but is it a common consensus, that the poorer you are the more left you vote? If this is generally true then the stats that were presented in another post that 95% of all Canadians make less than 30k. If this is also true, then we are a poor people nation. How can we ever really win against the left? Its a constant fight. Because of this. I don't have any confidence in either the provincial or federal elections. I hope i am devastatingly wrong. Keep up the fight comrades.
Its lack of confidence in the people i have. Traitors of their own real beliefs in some cases. Just caught up in the liberal selfie bandwagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are Statscan figures on reported income in Canada - http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/famil105a-eng.htm

24,602,890 people out of 26,618,560 income earners in Canada in 2014 had a reported total income over $5,000 and under $10,000 (after all deductions).

amolkapoor
06-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Here are Statscan figures on reported income in Canada - http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/famil105a-eng.htm

24,602,890 people out of 26,618,560 income earners in Canada in 2014 had a reported total income over $5,000 and under $10,000 (after all deductions).

I think you might be reading that wrong bud, it seems like the numbers are cumulative so "Income over $5000" also includes people making over $250k/year. Still, a $32k median income doesn't seem like a good number when atleast a third of your income is going to the government.

M1917 Enfield
06-14-2017, 11:36 AM
I think you might be reading that wrong bud, it seems like the numbers are cumulative so "Income over $5000" also includes people making over $250k/year. Still, a $32k median income doesn't seem like a good number when atleast a third of your income is going to the government.

Maybe I am, but even the fact that just over 2 million Canadians made less than $5000 and about 14 million Canadians income earners made less than $35,000 in income in 2014 is also not good!

CLW .45
06-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Maybe I am, but even the fact that just over 2 million Canadians made less than $5000 and about 14 million Canadians income earners made less than $35,000 in income in 2014 is also not good!

Given that "income earners" includes baby sitters, paperboys, part time burger flippers, and others who choose part time work, two million earning under five grand a year is hardly either surprising or a cause for concern.

M1917 Enfield
06-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Given that "income earners" includes baby sitters, paperboys, part time burger flippers, and others who choose part time work, two million earning under five grand a year is hardly either surprising or a cause for concern.

I wonder how many teenage babysitters file income tax returns?

How about the 14 million who only earn under $35,000? is that concerning when the average personal debt excluding mortgages per Canadian is over $22,000?

https://i.cbc.ca/1.3885109.1481134295!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/original_300/average-debt-loads-equifax.jpg

dragons'n'unicorns
06-14-2017, 02:07 PM
No, smells like parhetic desperation.

Every other fear mongering attempt she's tried against Brown has failed spectacularly

Smells like "We screwed everything up. Everybody knows it. We dont know how to fix it. We look like idiots. Better try the fear monger angle because thats all we have left."

The only risk is she won't be premier or prime briber and bribe taker.

Screw her. Toss her under a fast rolling Euclid loaded.

The desperation of a childless lez, one of whom has been a lobbyist for this LGBTWTFQ alphabet gendered mental case degenerate hysteria, and pulpit preaching on what their mental case ideas are of the new progressive sh!tlib-tarded conformity illustration on what a Canadian family should be, and how you should think like them.

Oh the wonderful sight, of, the corrosion of conformity.

Ditch this imbecilic "party" crap, and correct for what is correct, and normal.
What has the best interests, and productivity, of the normal people whom actually procreate and sustain the population's future.

Westicle
06-14-2017, 02:26 PM
gee, free prescriptions for people under 25...... the lowest users of prescriptions. if they really wanted change it would be free for 45+ people who are burdened by debt and health problems.

soulchaser
06-14-2017, 04:48 PM
The desperation of a childless lez

She has 3 children and is grandmother

She was in a hetero marriage for 14 years before "discovering" she's a vagetarian.

FALover
06-14-2017, 06:42 PM
Wynne is a piece of s**t in my books. She worries about Patrick Brown and the conservatives? Kriystalmighty folks, Attila the Hun could be in charge and not come even close to the looting and pillaging that the liberals have done to Ontario.

Forbes/Hutton
06-14-2017, 07:15 PM
She's really running scared. Not only are 2 criminal trials for people in her circle coming up in the fall (the data deletion and the bribing nominees) but they are cooking the books when it comes to the deficit and the truth will come out with another party in power, same with the power generation contracts, the lieberals are refusing to release all of the contracts.

The my riding's CPC nomination vote is happening on Sunday. There are 4 candidates:
1) A real conservative, years with the party and involvement with the riding. Also worked with the "green" energy companies when it first started, certainly will be the minister of energy if he gets a seat.
2) A guy running on a bet it seems. Sure to lose.
3) A lieberal from 30kms outside the riding. Of a certain religious group, and it seems he's signed up 700 new members, all from an area that is almost wholly the same religion as him. About 20% of his new members, instead of listing their home address as required, used the prayer room in their apartment building as their home address. Then there's 14 adult males who all claim to share the same one bedroom apartment.
4) A real bonehead who's tied in with the federal liberals. He's giving something like 12k in the last 4 years to the LPC and zero to the PC party of Ontario.
It's probably the same in other ridings, they may even be planning a wholesale takeover of the PCO, just like they did in Alberta. It's also part of the reason Patrick Brown isn't saying much right now, the lieberals have too much access to inside information right now, they want the candidates for each riding settled and they can start to work around any lieberal plants.

shortandlong
06-14-2017, 08:28 PM
She's really running scared. Not only are 2 criminal trials for people in her circle coming up in the fall........

dont forget the former dep minister of education locked up for pedo viewing,luring , and filming ..... interesting people forget that

LB303
06-14-2017, 11:51 PM
Ditch this imbecilic "party" crap, and correct for what is correct, and normal.
What has the best interests, and productivity, of the normal people whom actually procreate and sustain the population's future.

No need to cater to the breeders when you can have abortion on demand and import more culturally incompatible liberal voters [/sarc]

dragons'n'unicorns
06-15-2017, 10:13 AM
She has 3 children and is grandmother

She was in a hetero marriage for 14 years before "discovering" she's a vagetarian.

Well that sucks.

Made the mistake in correlation, taken from the list of profiles.

How grotesque that some male actually got it up to screw that, and finish, for it to reproduce.

Mark-II
06-15-2017, 10:18 AM
I'm glad that I don't have her nerve in my tooth

Warning indeed... nothing short of alien invasion could be worse than that witch