PDA

View Full Version : Liberals offer more civil servants contract extensions without concessions

M1917 Enfield
06-14-2017, 11:54 AM
The scumbag Mr. Wynne and the Ontario Lieberals are making unsolicited contract wage increase offers to all unions with contracts about to expire before or during the next Ontario election term with big fat taxpayer funded wage increases to have them and their members support her during the next election!

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/14/liberals-offer-more-civil-servants-contract-extensions-without-concessions

Liberals offer more civil servants contract extensions without concessions

http://tu9srvbirvvtmtqkc3rvcmfnzs50b3jvbnrvc3vulmnvbq00.g 00.torontosun.com/g00/2_d3d3LnRvcm9udG9zdW4uY29t_/TU9SRVBIRVVTMTQkaHR0cDovL3N0b3JhZ2UudG9yb250b3N1bi 5jb20vdjEvZHluYW1pY19yZXNpemUvc3dzX3BhdGgvc3Vucy1w cm9kLWltYWdlcy8xMjk3OTYzOTM4ODQzX09SSUdJTkFMLmpwZz 9xdWFsaXR5PTgwJnNpemU9NDIweCZpMTBjLm1hcmsuaW1hZ2Uu dHlwZQ%3D%3D_$/$/$/$/$/$

TORONTO - A second union representing Ontario’s civil servants says the Liberal government has offered to extend their contract for four years with 7.5% raises.

The offer to the union that represents many managers and professionals in the public service comes shortly after a similar offer was made to the Ontario Public Service Employees Union, which represents about 35,500 public servants and correctional staff.

And like the offer made to OPSEU, the tentative deal with the Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario would extend the contracts past the next provincial election in June 2018.

AMAPCEO’s current collective agreement is set to expire March 31, 2018 and extending the contracts to 2022 would ensure no potentially contentious bargaining in the months before the election.

AMAPCEO says the contract extension offers stability, and would provide for fair compensation increases with “absolutely no concessions.”

Members are set to vote on ratification from June 23-27, with the results to be announced on June 28.

The possible AMAPCEO and OPSEU deals follow the Liberal government’s successful offering to teachers and education workers of two-year extensions that came with four-per-cent raises and more than $275 million in additional funding.

Billythreefeathers
06-14-2017, 05:28 PM
with the results to be announced on June 28

and a provincial election called on June 29

Swampdonkey
06-14-2017, 08:11 PM
Bad bargaining. Why would they need to vote Liberal if they have the contract in place regardless?

soulchaser
06-14-2017, 08:14 PM
Bad bargaining. Why would they need to vote Liberal if they have the contract in place regardless?

Because she can fear monger and say Brown will tear up the contracts so they still have to vote Liberal so she can protect them.

Swampdonkey
06-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Because she can fear monger and say Brown will tear up the contracts so they still have to vote Liberal so she can protect them.

I'm no lawyer, but I imagine the court ruling on something like that wouldn't be worth the trouble. Why even have contracts, then?

soulchaser
06-14-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm no lawyer, but I imagine the court ruling on something like that wouldn't be worth the trouble. Why even have contracts, then?

Oh, I don't believe Brown could tear up the contracts. Wynne would no doubt know that.

But that wouldn't stop that lying sack of s--t Wynne from still CLAIMING Brown will tear up the contracts.

Hence the fear mongering.

Swampdonkey
06-14-2017, 08:44 PM
In BC, Bill VanderZalm and Gordon Campbell both had to wait until renewals. There were violent and illegal strikes. My father was assaulted at work for following the law and working at the hospital during one such strike (I remember the politics).

But I've never heard of contracts unilaterally halted.

firemachine69
06-15-2017, 09:27 AM
Oh, I don't believe Brown could tear up the contracts. Wynne would no doubt know that.

But that wouldn't stop that lying sack of s--t Wynne from still CLAIMING Brown will tear up the contracts.

Hence the fear mongering.

If he's going to be accused of it, he may as well do it.