PDA

View Full Version : Prime Minister Justin Trudeau set to announce $1.28 billion toward major Montreal transit project

Billythreefeathers
06-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau set to announce $1.28 billion toward major Montreal transit project

http://globalnews.ca/news/3530007/prime-minister-justin-trudeau-set-to-announce-1-28-billion-toward-major-montreal-transit-project/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will announce a $1.28-billion commitment Thursday for a major Montreal rail project that will connect the city to its suburbs and to its international airport.

Trudeau will make the transit announcement in the city’s central station where he will be joined by Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard, Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre and Michael Sabia, the head
of the province’s public pension fund manager.

A federal source tells The Canadian Press the commitment will either come in the form of a grant via Ottawa’s infrastructure-funding agreement with Quebec or possibly through the Trudeau government’s proposed infrastructure bank.

The infrastructure bank is designed to use public funds as a way to leverage billions more from private investors to pay for new, large-scale projects, such as rail lines, bridges and transit systems.

The government source, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, says the $5.5-billion Montreal transit proposal fits many of the prerequisites the bank will be looking for – but notes it will ultimately be up to bank officials to decide.

The Liberal government has said the Trudeau cabinet will also have the power to refuse projects approved by the bank in order to protect the interests of Canadians.

In January 2015, the Quebec government and the province’s public pension fund manager announced an agreement to build the electric light-rail network.

Billythreefeathers
06-15-2017, 08:08 AM
The infrastructure bank is designed to bribe QC with your tax dollars

soulchaser
06-15-2017, 08:43 AM
"A federal source tells The Canadian Press the commitment will either come in the form of a grant via Ottawa’s infrastructure-funding agreement with Quebec or possibly through the Trudeau government’s proposed infrastructure bank."

Ummmmm...........

Given the Infrastrucure Bank legislation was buried in the Omnibus Budget bill (hey, didn't Trudeau promise no Omnibus bills???) and the Senate is currently looking at splitting up the Omnibus Budget bill REMOVING the Infrastrucure Bank legislation to examine it seperately.

It's probably not a good idea to start funding things with the Infrastrucure Bank that hasn't yet been approved.

coastal
06-15-2017, 09:36 AM
I wish I could throw billions around like pocket change.

goosesniper
06-15-2017, 10:43 AM
I wish I could throw billions around like pocket change.

I wish they would just separate. Leave, get the flock out, dont let the door hit you, vaya con dios. L8R biatches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butters Stotch
06-15-2017, 12:37 PM
I wish they would just separate. Leave, get the flock out, dont let the door hit you, vaya con dios. L8R biatches.

Dafuq would they separate for?! That would end the gravy train from the rest of Canada, they might make noise about another referendum but the results would be the same, a slim margin to stay and enjoy the $$ from Ottawa

infidel29
06-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Dafuq would they separate for?! That would end the gravy train from the rest of Canada, they might make noise about a thief referendum but the results would be the same, a slim margin to stay and enjoy the $$ from Ottawa

Exactly! That's like a welfare recipient asking to get off welfare and get a full time job. Ain't gonna happen.

linung
06-15-2017, 03:58 PM
The infrastructure bank is designed to bribe QC with your tax dollars

major bribe indeed. Wish I could get a piece of that!

:Bang head:

Swampdonkey
06-15-2017, 08:20 PM
major bribe indeed. Wish I could get a piece of that!

:Bang head:

Move to Quebec, or an Indian Reserve.

wolver
06-15-2017, 09:37 PM
An estimated 20% of that will find it's way to organized crime.

FlyingHigh
06-15-2017, 09:42 PM
Every major city in Western Canada should petition Trudeau to invest $1 billion in their infrastructure. When he refuses, they need to demand why Montreal gets special treatment. Put the retarded monkey in the hot seat.

soulchaser
06-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Every major city in Western Canada should petition Trudeau to invest $1 billion in their infrastructure. When he refuses, they need to demand why Montreal gets special treatment. Put the retarded monkey in the hot seat.

The new Champlain bridge that the Harper government paid for and some of the cost were to be recouped via tolls, is now, under Trudeau, going to be toll free.

Forbes/Hutton
06-15-2017, 10:23 PM
The Montreal mob just hit the jackpot.

Butters Stotch
06-16-2017, 08:04 AM
The Montreal mob just hit the jackpot.

New swimming pools for everyone!!

Billythreefeathers
06-16-2017, 09:10 AM

did you see the story (I'll see if I can find it) Alberta and Saskatchewan being cut out of a $2billion low carbon fund

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/politics/saskatchewan-cries-foul-over-punitive-exclusion-from-2-billion-low-carbon-fund

FlyingHigh
06-16-2017, 09:13 AM
Yeah i did. They should tell the wonder chimp to keep his cash. Do taxpayers a favor.

glockfan
06-16-2017, 09:14 AM
It's another shiny spoon with sharp hooks like the ones fishermen use , to buy the vote of the green unionized crowd. it will never see the light. The bank will dry well before the first shovel of ground. Another traditional liberal scam.