PDA

View Full Version : The real legacy of Trudeauís Syrian refugee program

M1917 Enfield
06-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Funny how most of the MSM is not reporting on this Syrian refugee incident!

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/16/the-real-legacy-of-trudeaus-syrian-refugee-program

The real legacy of Trudeau’s Syrian refugee program

“Man who beat wife said he didn’t know it was against law,” read a recent headline in the New Brunswick Telegraph Journal.

The man – Mohamad Rafia, a Syrian refugee – didn’t just beat his wife, he beat her with a hockey stick. For half an hour.

Rafia told a Fredericton court that he didn’t know it was a crime in Canada to beat your wife with a hockey stick for half an hour.

Following the attack, Rafia’s wife was taken to a local hospital and initially lied to protect her husband. She later revealed that he beat her with a hockey stick – for half an hour – pulled her hair, hit her in the face and threatened to kill her.

Rafia was charged and pleaded guilty to assault causing bodily harm and uttering threats. He was sentenced to eight days in jail and one year of probation.

This shocking and disturbing story failed to make national media, but the Telegraph Journal provides the startling details.

Rafia was a privately sponsored refugee who arrived in Canada more than 14 months ago with his wife and children. He spoke to the court in Arabic and his testimony was translated through an interpreter.

“He was not aware of the law and he was coming from a background where the laws are completely different,” said the interpreter.

Man who beat wife said he didn't know it was against the law https://t.co/z8DDUaEhGl pic.twitter.com/K00jxasoVw

— The Daily Gleaner (@DailyGleaner) June 9, 2017

“Officials didn’t inform him of the differences in the law in Canada and that more should have been done to educate him,” said the interpreter. “Why didn’t they explain the law?”

The battered wife defended her abusive husband, according to a Fredericton police statement. “Being assaulted by her spouse is culturally accepted (in) the country they are from.”

Not only did these Syrian refugees claim to not know it was a crime for a man to hit his wife with a hockey stick, they also defended the abuse and tried to direct blame onto Canadian officials.

Worse is the fact that this wife-beater got away with his crime, and was given a mere slap on the wrist by the Canadian court.

In similar cases, a foreign criminal like Rafia would face deportation. In this instance, however, because he’s a Syrian refugee and because Canada doesn’t deport people to unsafe countries, we’re stuck with this foreign criminal.

That’s why it’s so important that Canada properly screen and vet refugees before they get to Canada. Kellie Leitch’s Canadian values test would have gone a long way.

Also outrageous is the fact that after having lived in Canada for almost a year and a half, it appears that Mohamed Rafia still doesn’t speak enough English to be able to say: “I didn’t know this was a crime.”

For 15 months, Canadian taxpayers have paid for Rafia to receive free English classes, on top of gold-plated healthcare and welfare benefits, so he can try to fit into Canadian society.

Instead, he’s brought the worst of his culture to Canada.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s fast-tracked Syrian refugee pledge was designed primarily to virtue-signal and gain positive press for the rookie leader. While the mainstream media swooned over Trudeau’s selfies, both refugees and Canadians were let down by Trudeau’s ill-conceived and poorly implemented program.

Now we learn that one of these Syrian refugees used the iconic symbol of Canadian patriotism – the hockey stick – as a weapon to bring a barbaric attitude towards women to Canada.

A battered wife and a bloodied hockey stick. That’s the legacy of Trudeau’s Syrian refugee program.

Waynetheman
06-20-2017, 01:36 PM
According to the article they referred to syrias laws regarding domestic violence is the same as they are here and that he's well aware of that.

Mark-II
06-20-2017, 01:37 PM
“Officials didn’t inform him of the differences in the law in Canada and that more should have been done to educate him,” said the interpreter. “Why didn’t they explain the law?”

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse

Try pulling that defense over in Saudi Arabia, or any other state that doesn't have what we in the west would consider to be an enlightened legal code.

Swampdonkey
06-20-2017, 01:53 PM
How long until Alexandre Bissonnette becomes a modern equivalent of Robin Hood?

PR nightmare in the making, not good for re-election.

Run 'n' Gun
06-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Only 8 days in jail? Seriously?

FallisCowboy
06-20-2017, 02:40 PM
So, beating your wife with a hockey stick is ok in Syria? I didn't even know they played hockey in Syria. He should have received at least a game misconduct and a multi-game suspension.

soulchaser
06-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Hey, he used a hockey stick.

And here we all thought they would have trouble assimilating.

Butters Stotch
06-20-2017, 04:48 PM
That's racist, he was just working on his slap shot.

goosesniper
06-21-2017, 06:05 AM
Should be deported. No days in jail. Guilty. You had your chance puck stick. Back you go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wolver
06-21-2017, 06:08 AM
You got give these guys a chance. It's not like wife beating is a habit you can brake overnight.:rolleyes:

goosesniper
06-21-2017, 06:10 AM
This is real news as far as I'm concerned. Why no coverage. Oh yes. The media cowards.

Steveo9mm
06-21-2017, 07:19 AM
so hockey gear is now considered syrian wife beating apparel?

glockfan
06-21-2017, 07:26 AM
8 days in jail,and a 1 year probation ? the turd's legacy ?

wheeew. imagine if it had been a n white canadian !!! the crown would have asked 2 years in jail, and then labeled '''violent criminal''' which is how this act should be punished.....now because it's a refugee, a little slam on the hand and a hug !!!!

turdo and it's progressism is now edging on racial favoritism = bouuueerkkk!!!!

awndray
06-21-2017, 07:45 AM
Hey, he used a hockey stick.

I'm filing a human rights complaint, based on cultural appropriation.

awndray
06-21-2017, 07:55 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/telegraph_journal/story-pictures/100225497/leadlandscape/20170526_155017.jpg

Mohamad Rafia emerges from the Fredericton courthouse Friday in the custody of sheriff's officers on May 26.
Don MacPherson/The Daily Gleaner

A Fredericton man who beat his wife with a hockey stick for half an hour told a court on May 24 that he didn't know it was against the law in Canada.

Mohamad Rafia, 54, of Winter Street, a Syrian refugee who arrived in Canada about 14 months ago, pleaded guilty to counts of assault causing bodily harm and uttering threats on May 26.

On Thursday, he was sentenced to time served and a year of probation.

The court heard Rafia beat his wife, Raghda Aldndal, on May 18 and threatened to kill her if she ever left him. Rafia also pulled her hair and slapped her face during the assault, Crown prosecutor Claude Hachť said Thursday.

The assault came to light, court was told on Thursday, when a family friend took Aldndal to the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital, where she initially told medical staff she'd hurt herself falling in the bathtub.

The couple had been arguing about money, Hachť said, and that there was apparent bruising on the victim.

Rafia had been in custody since May 19.

"He says he's committed a mistake and he's going to rectify it," interpreter Abdelhaq Hamza said for Rafia during a May 24 bail hearing.

"He's saying that he was not aware of the law and he was coming from a background where the laws are completely different."

Through the interpreter, Rafia said officials didn't inform him of the differences in the laws in Canada and that more should have been done to educate him.

"Why didn't they explain the law when we first came?" Rafia said.

A police brief entered as evidence in the bail hearing indicated Rafia was well aware Canadian and Syrian domestic violence laws were the same here.

"Aldndal stated that being assaulted by her spouse is culturally accepted from the country they are from," the Fredericton police brief stated. "However, the laws [in Syria] do not permit it, and if the aggressor is caught, they will go to jail."

Lisa Bamford De Gante, executive director of the Multicultural Association of Fredericton, said she could not speak about individual cases, but told The Daily Gleaner that domestic violence is against the law in Syria, and that refugees arriving in Canada go through federal information sessions, which include educating newcomers about Canadian law.

Upon arriving in Fredericton, Bamford De Gante said, there's an abundance of material and educational sessions presented to refugees. Privately sponsored refugees are presented with the same materials and resources, she said.

Domestic violence is unfortunate but can happen in any family, Bamford De Gante said.

"[Rafia] says he has to make the effort of becoming a better husband and a better father, and ... there's a duty upon his children and his wife to become a better wife and better children ... as far as he's concerned," Hamza translated for Rafia in the bail hearing.

When asked during the hearing if he had any anger or resentment toward his family over the allegations coming to light, he answered, through the interpreter, that "it never occurred to him."

"No, absolutely not. Retaliation or anything like that is absolutely not something that he has thought about ... It's not conceivable."
https://www.telegraphjournal.com/daily-gleaner/story/100225497/mohamad-rafia-domestic-assault-refugee-syria

killer kane
06-21-2017, 08:07 AM
Retaliation? Hell no, Honor beatings / killings? probably!

glockfan
06-21-2017, 04:28 PM
Rafia...Shafia. sounds like they're cousin.

sltoronto
06-21-2017, 04:39 PM
You got give these guys a chance. It's not like wife beating is a habit you can brake overnight.:rolleyes:

May be he should be placed with Turdo's family for "rehabilitation" and transformation to a "lesbian"?

TheHydrant
06-22-2017, 03:50 AM
"....didn't know it was a crime in Canada to beat your wife with a hockey stick for half an hour."

So, 29 minutes or less???

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

goosesniper
06-22-2017, 05:13 AM
It's so sad in our country that the media gets to dictate what is news worthy and what is not. Actually it's more agenda driven than what is worthy and what is not. For example. The recent news story of a woman who verbally abused and made racist comments demanding a white doctor went viral. I mean viral. Meanwhile, a refugee beats his wife with a hockey stick and it's back page news. You see there is a difference. The difference being that one promotes and supports the liberal agenda, while the other defies it. Where the heck is a right leaning news station? Maybe Kelly was right. Not maybe. She was.

triq
06-22-2017, 05:49 AM
Maybe she should take up ringette to better defend herself.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

RangeBob
06-22-2017, 06:20 AM
"....didn't know it was a crime in Canada to beat your wife with a hockey stick for half an hour."

In Islam, the rule is to use a tiny stick while holding a copy of the Koran under the same elbow so it's wrist only force and reduced wrist force as well.
I had assumed the stick was a small bush's branch (not a tree) near 1/4" diameter by 2.5' long, although the below video (first one, @0:50) shows a much smaller one about the size of a toothbrush.

In any event, it's not a hockey stick.
So claiming he didn't know that it's against Canadian Law to beat your wife with a hockey stick, and using the implication about 'another country' as a court defense I don't think follows.
With any luck the court, and the defense attorney and his peers, said "It's against the law to beat your wife. You may not beat your wife. The stick is irrelevant. The illegal act is the beating, not the stick",
so I'm complaining about the media portrayal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiZ-Yuti-Xs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18HuWgvbckw

TheHydrant
06-23-2017, 12:11 AM
Noticeably absent are the so-called feminist groups rallying in support of the woman who was beaten. (all of these women for that matter)

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

speedloader
06-23-2017, 07:20 AM
It all should be ilegal deport him
Didnt know it was ilegal comon which liberal idiot lawyer told him to say that .....no problem not bringing there. Barbarian religous crap here thats what should be ilegal
But their woman go along with it too so really who is the idiot

LB303
06-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Stockholm syndrome on a massive scale

goosesniper
06-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Stockholm syndrome on a massive scale

Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killer kane
06-23-2017, 02:00 PM
I'm hoping Scheer gets a whopping majority next election. I'm also hoping he spends the first few weeks of his tenure undoing all of the crap this panty waist has foisted on us.

coastal
06-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Those women though.... Lol "what a blessing from Allah that the punishment comes in 3 levels!" and that's why Im not a fan of any religion....tricking kids into believing things at a young age isn't fair.

M1917 Enfield
06-27-2017, 09:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpWrndnLT5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7MUK5JyZro

Deuce-deuce
06-27-2017, 09:16 PM
My wife bought a new couch today... and I can't find my hokey stick.

Swampdonkey
06-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Those women though.... Lol "what a blessing from Allah that the punishment comes in 3 levels!" and that's why Im not a fan of any religion....tricking kids into believing things at a young age isn't fair.

Like the social engineering in our educational institutions?

Canada_Phil
06-28-2017, 05:39 AM
The Legacy Checklist so far....

Well, at least with the ones that have come to light before the apologists lept in to quash as much of the public details as possible...

- Bullying of entire High Schools by "Refugee" students in NB including the sexual assault of a 14 year old girl at a dance.
- The sexual molestation of 6 young girls under 12 by a 49 year old "Refugee" at the West Edmonton Mall Water Park
- The Canadian Tire ISIS lady who gets to make her secret court appearances in her niqab disguise.

killer kane
06-28-2017, 10:36 AM
And there's probably a whole whack more that have been stifled.