PDA

View Full Version : Senate caves and passes Liberal budget unamended.

soulchaser
06-23-2017, 04:41 PM
F--king paper tigers.

All their yapping was just pathetic noise.

Budget passed 50 to 33.

ALL "independent" and Liberals voted to pass it. All 33 votes against were Conservatives.

24 were absent or abstained.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate-backs-down-budget-bill-1.4173090

soulchaser
06-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Interesting line in the article:

"Despite*strong objections from some Liberal and Independent senators Wednesday, the budget bill was accepted along partisan lines Thursday."

Did they just admit all of the "independent" senators Trudeau has appointed are in fact just Liberal schills?

firemachine69
06-23-2017, 08:29 PM
Interesting line in the article:

"Despite*strong objections from some Liberal and Independent senators Wednesday, the budget bill was accepted along partisan lines Thursday."

Did they just admit all of the "independent" senators Trudeau has appointed are in fact just Liberal schills?

They were probably just threatened with having an elected senate.

Swampdonkey
06-23-2017, 11:34 PM
They were probably just threatened with having an elected senate.

Doesn't that require constitutional amendment?

Stephen Harper had the judiciary block any reforms he tried. There's plenty of recent case law.

LB303
06-24-2017, 12:54 AM
Absent on the day of a budget vote? Probably the most important day of the year - you better have a good reason.
24 abstentions is shameful. I smell the cowardice from here. What do we pay these people for.

firemachine69
06-24-2017, 06:28 AM
Doesn't that require constitutional amendment?

Stephen Harper had the judiciary block any reforms he tried. There's plenty of recent case law.

I highlighted the "problem" in the eyes of the judiciary. I bet they're more open to slime-bucket JT and his merry band of thieves altering it.