PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Firearms Turn-in Not Enough for Australia’s Gun Haters

sltoronto
07-02-2017, 12:15 AM
https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/nationwide-firearms-turn-not-enough-australias-gun-haters/#axzz4lePXzqS8

Important observation:

Australia’s experience with gun control continues to provide important lessons for American gun owners.
In the end, the gun control movement is not about getting guns out of “the wrong hands,” or banning certain types of firearms.
Despite repeated national turn-ins, gun registration, background checks, gun owner licensing, a ban on semi-automatic and pump-action
rifles and shotguns, and the abolition of gun ownership for the purpose of self-defense, groups like Gun Control Australia continue to target
Australia’s law-abiding gun owners. Gun Control Australia’s response to the 2017 National Firearms Amnesty further proves that

as long as there remain firearms in the hands of private citizens, gun control advocates will continue to work towards their goal of total civilian disarmament.

Mark-II
07-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Which is why I can't understand the HUA attitude personified by the collective we call Fudds.

Our gun laws are just fine. It's not hard to comply. No one is gonna take your guns. I'm ok with a registry. No one needs more than 5 rounds. If you need semi auto to hunt you're a piss poor hunter. I'm ok with banning "assault weapons". No one needs a handgun. People can still buy guns in the UK and Oz - you're paranoid

all posted by supposed gun owners in response to a Tory post about the liberal "backdoor registry" and a call to protect what rights we have (donation spam)

Thanks for the knife, Brutus, and for introducing me to the concept of EDC in my back. You're a bud.

greywolf67nt
07-02-2017, 05:40 PM
If the Fudd's would only look at Australia and the UK laws with their eyes open. Australia you are down to basically single shot anything and some of the things you have to do to guns to make them legal in the UK is criminal.
The nice thing is a lot of the Fudd's are getting old and will die off soon but maybe not soon ENOUGH;D

Swampdonkey
07-02-2017, 06:09 PM
To many, shooting is no more meaningful than fishing or biking, it's just another hobby. They don't relate it to freedom, inalienable rights, fundamental democracy, individualism, or any philosophical/religious/ideological belief. Some people just like guns because they're fun. Anything can be for a great purpose, or simple pleasure.