PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong-un calls missile test a ‘gift’ to ‘American bastards’

Billythreefeathers
07-05-2017, 07:47 AM
Kim Jong-un calls missile test a ‘gift’ to ‘American bastards’

http://globalnews.ca/news/3575764/kim-jong-un-american-bastards/?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014

Two days ago, U.S. President Donald Trump fired an apparent salvo at North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un, asking, “doesn’t this guy have anything better to do with his life?”

The tweet came amid news that North Korea had conducted a missile test.

Two days later, Kim responded, saying that North Korea’s test of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) was a “gift” to the “American bastards,” according to a KCNA news release quoted by AFP.

On Tuesday, North Korea claimed to have test-launched a Hwasong-14 missile at a distance of 933 kilometres and an altitude of 2,802 kilometres.

One expert said that all of Alaska was in the missile’s range.

The test was conducted on the eve of the U.S. Independence Day holiday and the missile landed in Japan’s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).

Kim’s remark came in a news release from the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) that described him having a “broad smile” as he looked at the ICBM, according to The Guardian.

The release also came with photos that showed Kim clapping and raising a fist alongside men in uniform.

The Pentagon concluded that North Korea had, indeed, tested an ICBM, and U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called the test a “new escalation of the threat” against the United States.

South Korean defence minister Han Min-koo said it was likely that North Korea would carry out a sixth nuclear test after the launch.

“North Korea’s eventual goal is to weaponize its nuclear power, so I see a high chance that will happen,” he said.

Billythreefeathers
07-05-2017, 07:47 AM
The Donald's next tweet

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x339/Billythreefeathers/images_zpsyj5wkzjc.jpeg (http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/Billythreefeathers/media/images_zpsyj5wkzjc.jpeg.html)

glockfan
07-05-2017, 07:52 AM
if the spoiled child keep on doin wheelies like that, he will get THE team on its head very soon i guess....with this test, he put himself at a point of no return and he seriously risk being bin laddenized in 3-2-1......

Steveo9mm
07-05-2017, 07:52 AM
i dont know if this guy is an ammusing a@@ terd or if hes gunna start a nuclear holocaust

triq
07-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Not up (pun intended) on my altitudes but doesn't 2,800 km seem a bit out of our atmosphere?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

DanN
07-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Not up (pun intended) on my altitudes but doesn't 2,800 km seem a bit out of our atmosphere?

It's a LOT out of the atmosphere. Probably should be meters, not kilo..

Haywire1
07-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Somethings out of whack anyways, its 5700(roughly) kms from Korea to Alaska, even assuming the writer flipped the distance and height numbers, it still puts him short

kennymo
07-05-2017, 08:32 AM
Somethings out of whack anyways, its 5700(roughly) kms from Korea to Alaska, even assuming the writer flipped the distance and height numbers, it still puts him short

Maybe calculations adjusting for trajectory? Less height = more distance? I'd run the numbers but I'm a plumber. It's a half step down from rocket scientist :p.

Billythreefeathers
07-05-2017, 08:42 AM
the Aleutians islands stretch way out into the Pacific

triq
07-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Maybe calculations adjusting for trajectory? Less height = more distance? I'd run the numbers but I'm a plumber. It's a half step down from rocket scientist :p.
More similar than you think. You both lay pipe.

RangeBob
07-05-2017, 09:15 AM
North Korea claimed to have test-launched a Hwasong-14 missile at a distance of 933 kilometres and an altitude of 2,802 kilometres.

An intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) is a guided ballistic missile with a minimum range of 5,500 kilometres (3,400 mi).
The apogee (halfway through the midcourse phase) is at an altitude of approximately 1,200 km (750 mi).
When your missile is accurate at every horizontal range between 3,186 and 6,372 km (1,980 and 3,959 mi) while carrying a working payload, then it works.
-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_ballistic_missile

By way of comparison, a geostationary equatorial orbit (GEO) is a circular geosynchronous orbit in the plane of the Earth's equator with a radius of approximately 42,164 km (26,199 mi) (measured from the center of the Earth). A satellite in such an orbit is at an altitude of approximately 35,786 km (22,236 mi) above mean sea level.
-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geosynchronous_orbit

Haywire1
07-05-2017, 10:38 AM
the Aleutians islands stretch way out into the Pacific

One expert said "all of Alaska". Of course he could be a North Korean. Article doesnt specify

Rory McCanuck
07-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Ah geeze, I can't remember the name of the video game we played, with the cannons firing at each other.
There was wind, terrain and obstacles you had to deal with to shoot the other guy's cannon.
You typed in angle and speed, and hoped you guessed the elevation right... oh well.

Those numbers are correct, and were done quite deliberately.
They shot it basically straight up to see if they could get a long enough flight, without the missile landing on top of somebody that might take offense to it.
2802 up + 933 out + 2802 down = 6537kms total.
Of course things aren't going to add up exactly, but that should reach Alaska at least.

I'm not sure if Kim's boys recovered it or not, but if it landed somewhere near Hawaii it would be harder for them to crunch the numbers, and believe the numbers they got were accurate.
Having the missile come down in the outskirts of Kyoto or Tokyo would have been a bit politically unsound, even for Kim.

Doug_M
07-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Scorched Earth.

Battle Beaver
07-05-2017, 01:35 PM
If you're as old as I am, then the game you likely played was called "Artillery". It was available for all the platforms of the day (Apple ][+, VIC20, C64, etc). I played it on my Apple ][+. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYFMPOMmiiw

Battle Beaver

Ah geeze, I can't remember the name of the video game we played, with the cannons firing at each other.
There was wind, terrain and obstacles you had to deal with to shoot the other guy's cannon.
You typed in angle and speed, and hoped you guessed the elevation right... oh well.

blacksmithden
07-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Sooner or later, that fat twit is going to feel that he has to start shooting at the Americans because hes been telling his people forever that they are the source of all of NK's problems but he hasnt done anything to them. Once he has the capability, hes going to act.

Thats when hes going to find out what a few US aircraft carriers, B52's, and what real land based missles can do. We should start a pool when the first shot is fired. How long before Kimmy isnt breathing anymore ? Hours, days, or a week ?

Swingerguy
07-05-2017, 01:58 PM
More similar than you think. You both lay pipe.

Giggity giggity.

Rory McCanuck
07-05-2017, 03:43 PM
If you're as old as I am, then the game you likely played was called "Artillery". It was available for all the platforms of the day (Apple ][+, VIC20, C64, etc). I played it on my Apple ][+. :)

Battle Beaver
That's it, and yes, I think it was an Apple, a IIe maybe?

Billythreefeathers
07-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Sooner or later, that fat twit is going to feel that he has to start shooting at the Americans because hes been telling his people forever that they are the source of all of NK's problems but he hasnt done anything to them. Once he has the capability, hes going to act.

Thats when hes going to find out what a few US aircraft carriers, B52's, and what real land based missles can do. We should start a pool when the first shot is fired. How long before Kimmy isnt breathing anymore ? Hours, days, or a week ?

I think someone is writing the one bullet plan

Canada_Phil
07-05-2017, 04:56 PM
With reference to several comments here, the height numbers provided are essentially correct.

Medium range through to intercontinental ballistic missles are Sub-Orbital Rockets. They are breaking the atmosphere!

Once a Nation perfects its Rocket technology to the point that it can produce a large enough rocket (think fuel capacity) it can not only launch satellites but could also deliver a Warhead to almost any point on the Globe that it wanted to.

As much as we love to mock that gout ridden little fat porker, he is now not that far off from having a launch vehicle that will be able to hit any point in North America!!

This is really in serious sh#% territory now.

EDIT: The sad reality is that this regime has spent YEARS collecting BILLIONS in bribes for emergency assistance in order to keep its starving people barely fed while it put almost its entire GDP into acquiring a huge arsenal of weapons from the former Soviet bloc and China to the present day! It had kept its Nuclear ambitions going all along. The never ending sanctions have been next to useless.

So what has been accomplished all this time with the West constantly caving to North Korea?... Once they manage to shrink a warhead small enough to weaponise the delivery vehicle, this insane little toad would at least be able to obliterate Japan in mere minutes.

So what is to be done now??

glockfan
07-05-2017, 04:59 PM
How long before Kimmy isnt breathing anymore ? Hours, days, or a week ?

i strongly think it's on its way. i bet it'll be a done deal in 6 months from now on...even its allies are fed up of him.

FALover
07-05-2017, 05:12 PM
I would bet if The Donald was to offer China the chance to locate few thousand dollar stores to set up shop in the USA for a 'favour', the NK problem would be solved within a week.

Carguy2550
07-05-2017, 10:41 PM
With reference to several comments here, the height numbers provided are essentially correct.

Medium range through to intercontinental ballistic missles are Sub-Orbital Rockets. There are breaking the atmosphere!

Once a Nation perfects its Rocket technology to the point that it can produce a large enough rocket (think fuel capacity) it can not only launch satellites but could also deliver a Warhead to almost any point on the Globe that it wanted to.

As much as we love to mock that gout ridden little fat porker, he is now not that far off from having a launch vehicle that will be able to hit any point in North America!!

This is really in serious sh#% territory now.

...or an EMP.

Carguy2550
07-05-2017, 10:43 PM
I would bet if The Donald was to offer China the chance to locate few thousand dollar stores to set up shop in the USA for a 'favour', the NK problem would be solved within a week.

Cut off their banking and credit card processing access and you'll get their attention sometime between coffee break and lunch time. Watch how cooperative they will be when the money is affected.