PDA

View Full Version : Cheryl Gallant: Trudeau says all Canadians have to pay for Liberal guilt

RangeBob
07-10-2017, 03:42 PM
2017/07/10
Ottawa, Ontario
by mass email from Cheryl Gallant, and a paragraph from her website link

Dear RangeBob,

What makes you feel more disgusted?

An out-of-touch Prime Minister giving a $10.5 million liberal pay-off to a convicted terrorist, something considered an act of treason by our allies, or being told the $10.5 million pay-off is your debt.

By his twisted logic, you get to ‘share the guilt.’ ( http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/08/trudeau-says-all-canadians-are-paying-khadrs-compensation/ )

One of the Americans permanently wounded by Omar Khadr believes the $10.5 M pay-out was an act of treason. ( http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/09/veteran-blinded-by-omar-khadr-says-trudeau-guilty-of-treason/ )

Trudeau says that when the Chretien-Martin Liberal "government violates any Canadian’s Charter rights, we all end up paying for it”. He is saying that his father's Charter implies all Canadians share in the Liberals' guilt, so all Canadians must pay. It was the Trudeau Liberals' decision to secretly pay out the convicted terrorist so that his victims could not benefit, and theirs alone.

It was the Trudeau Liberals' decision to secretly pay-off a convicted terrorist to hide from justice for the victims of a cowardly bomb attack, and theirs alone.

To join in the crowd funding for Khadr victims visit www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-raise-1-000-000-for-sgt-chris-speer-s-kids.

Sincerely,
Cheryl Gallant

----------------

Trudeau gave terrorist Khadr $10,000,000. Let's pay for college for his victim's fatherless kids.
$63,977 CAD raised by 1111 backers so far

RangeBob
07-10-2017, 03:43 PM
I note that justin hasn't offered to match donations.

RangeBob
07-10-2017, 03:56 PM
The Country Paying Omar Khadr $10 Million in Compensation Is Not the One That Tortured Him
July 6 2017
https://theintercept.com/2017/07/06/canada-guantanamo-torture-omar-khadr-pay-10-million-us/

RangeBob
07-10-2017, 04:09 PM
If justin had said this payout "caused us injury at the same time that it did us honour" (quoting Churchill),
or an appropriate variation,
we all could have understood that.

But he seems to be taking a singular view.
Hopefully he's doing it because he doesn't know better, lacks understanding, lacks the wit of his father;
rather than because he's doing it to pay back some constituents.

Swampdonkey
07-10-2017, 04:10 PM
Since it got out that his father is friends with both Jean Cretien and Osama bin Ladin, it should be obvious there's more to know than has been discovered.

BCGUY12
07-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Anybody ever hear of the Supreme Court of Canada? It properly determined that the Canadian government violated Khadr's Charter Rights by being complicit with the USA. The violation continued for the entire time he was unjustly incarcerated -- Anybody ever hear of the United Nations and International law governing actions in war? Hence, he was owed compensation and it was not an option to make restitution. The entire Guantanamo affair with the "USA Military Tribunals" has been acknowledge by every democratic country in the world to be a complete sham. Even most Americans recognize it as not only illegal but a huge detriment to American reputation. I assume the people still spouting off about "he admitted it" also still believe Iraq harboured "Weapons of Mass Destruction" thereby justifying the USA invasion of Iraq -- which of course the USA has long since quietly admitted was hogwash. What about the USA's initial blaming of Canada for letting the 9/11 bombers enter the USA via Canada? Remember when the USA was denigrating Canada for 9/11? Some Americans still think the 9/11 bombers came through the Canadian border even though their own government later (quietly) admitted that they lied about that too.
Does anyone believe anything that comes out of the USA government? Astonishing that some Canadians actually repeat the USA garbage rhetoric.

soulchaser
07-10-2017, 05:07 PM
The Country Paying Omar Khadr $10 Million in Compensation Is Not the One That Tortured Him
July 6 2017
https://theintercept.com/2017/07/06/canada-guantanamo-torture-omar-khadr-pay-10-million-us/

He wasn't tortured.

He was subjected to sleep deprivation.

Even the Supreme Court of Canada refused to call sleep deprivation torture.

soulchaser
07-10-2017, 05:13 PM
No, BCGUY12.

The SCC ruled violations of Khadr's rights happened in 2002 and 2003, not for his entire stay at Gitmo as you claim.

Harper refusing to repatriate even after two lower court rulings saying he had to bring Khadr home was actually overturned by the SCC.

They ruled repatriation was a matter of foreign relations/foreign policy which the Harper government had the right to set.

Rory McCanuck
07-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Anybody ever hear of the Supreme Court of Canada? It properly determined that the Canadian government violated Khadr's Charter Rights by being complicit with the USA. The violation continued for the entire time he was unjustly incarcerated -- Anybody ever hear of the United Nations and International law governing actions in war? Hence, he was owed compensation and it was not an option to make restitution. The entire Guantanamo affair with the "USA Military Tribunals" has been acknowledge by every democratic country in the world to be a complete sham. Even most Americans recognize it as not only illegal but a huge detriment to American reputation.

Yes, Gitmo is a sham, much better to have just put a bullet in the back of the head of the lot of them.

I assume the people still spouting off about "he admitted it" also still believe Iraq harboured "Weapons of Mass Destruction" thereby justifying the USA invasion of Iraq -- which of course the USA has long since quietly admitted was hogwash.
You mean the WMDs that ended up in Syria?
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2003-10-29/news/0310290219_1_illicit-weapons-clapper-weapons-inspector

James Clapper Jr., (* the guy Obama chose to be Director of National Intelligence*) a retired lieutenant general, said satellite imagery showing a heavy flow of traffic from Iraq into Syria, just before the U.S. invasion in March, led him to believe that illicit weapons material "unquestionably" had been moved out of Iraq.

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction
The report also found that Iraq had worked covertly to maintain the intellectual and physical capacity to produce WMDs and intended to restart production once sanctions were lifted.[12]

In 2015 it was learned that Iraq's weapons of mass destruction had not been fully accounted for by UN inspections.[13] Ten years after its inception, Operation Avarice was declassified and it was learned that there were stockpiles of warheads and rockets containing degraded chemical agents similar to those used in the Iran-Iraq War. From 2005 through 2006 military intelligence discovered that the weapons—many in poor condition, some empty or containing nonlethal liquid, but others containing sarin with unexpectedly high purity—were in the possession of one Iraqi individual who remained anonymous. Operation Avarice, headed by army intelligence and the CIA, involved the discreet purchase of the weapons from the unidentified individual to keep them off the black market

Are those the WMDs you say are 'hogwash'?

What about the USA's initial blaming of Canada for letting the 9/11 bombers enter the USA via Canada? Remember when the USA was denigrating Canada for 9/11? Some Americans still think the 9/11 bombers came through the Canadian border even though their own government later (quietly) admitted that they lied about that too.
Does anyone believe anything that comes out of the USA government? Astonishing that some Canadians actually repeat the USA garbage rhetoric.

Funny, I don't remember any 9/11 bombers, but whatever, there might have been, things were rather confused at the time.
There were a couple of news reports that US officials were checking to see if they hijackers had come through Canada, and that morphed into 'they came through Canada'.
Again, I don't know if you remember the event, but things were rather chaotic, and many news stories just couldn't be run down and fact-checked.
But yes, a lot of 'fake news' seems to be believed.

Carguy2550
07-10-2017, 06:08 PM
If we had proper rules of engagement this wouldn't be an issue. Also, ISIL never signed the Geneva Conventions. The only reason that we haven't won the war on terror is because of our own stupid liberal feeling that the enemy has the same feelings we do.

Here's the reality. We want the Islamic psychos to like us, they want us infidels dead. Who do think will win? If we had this attitude in WW II would we not all speak Getman now?

Zinilin
07-10-2017, 06:12 PM
If we had proper rules of engagement this wouldn't be an issue. ...
Double Plus One.

Sinbad
07-10-2017, 06:12 PM
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1163505

This guy really has it together. I don't think I could do it and not be mad

RangeBob
07-10-2017, 06:38 PM
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1163505

That's
"Extended: Soldier wounded by Khadr speaks out"

Worth watching.

Says
"The Canadian Government is doing their very best to support Al Qaida"
"The Canadian Government has now funded extremist jihadist activities worldwide."
"... the Canadian Government feels on some misguided level a desire to help Omar Khadr, out of all the ways its possible to help him, the least beneficial to Omar, and the most damaging to the Canadian Government and to western society is to simply write him a cheque for $10.5 million. You can't do it any worse than that. It's inexplicable how anyone in the government could think this is a good idea knowing the history of this family."
"I participated in the lawsuit to stop funding Al Qaida by western banking, and because Tabitha Speer needs assistance. The lawyers are doing it because it's the right thing to do."
Omar's apology was pathetic and self serving and not believed.
Compares 'child solder' vs Omar's history.

FALover
07-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Seems there will never be an end to the Islamic jihad as long as one of them can still suck in a breath. Simple but stern solution, kill them all and let whatever deities there may be sort them out.

Weekend Gunslingers
07-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Something most people debating the issue tend to keep missing. The Supreme court never ordered a payout to Khadr. This was a deal made by the Libs outside the court room. Like Andrew Scheer said, the remedy the court wanted was for him to be repatriated. Which was done. No need for further apologies or payouts.

Carguy2550
07-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Seems there will never be an end to the Islamic jihad as long as one of them can still suck in a breath. Simple but stern solution, kill them all and let whatever deities there may be sort them out.

"Forgiveness is Gods problem, our job is to arrange the meeting." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf.

tdod101
07-11-2017, 03:56 PM
That stupid charter isnt worth the paper it's printed on. You want solid law and rights for the people? Draft a new Constitution

Sinbad
07-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Under a liberal government that's one scary thought
That stupid charter isnt worth the paper it's printed on. You want solid law and rights for the people? Draft a new Constitution

RangeBob
07-11-2017, 11:30 PM
$102,715 CAD raised by 1673 backers so far

Donny Fenn
07-11-2017, 11:54 PM

Abso-*copulating*-lutely, it brings me to tears how poorly written the charter is. It reads like a junior high student council guideline and then it gets waved/shoved in our faces every time someone gets offended.

Strewth
07-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Something most people debating the issue tend to keep missing. The Supreme court never ordered a payout to Khadr. This was a deal made by the Libs outside the court room. Like Andrew Scheer said, the remedy the court wanted was for him to be repatriated. Which was done. No need for further apologies or payouts.

Exactly this.
I cannot wrap my head around the fact that, grenade or no, child soldier(teenager) or no, he was fighting for THE OTHER SIDE. Traitor. Full stop.

RangeBob
07-13-2017, 03:27 PM
$127,918 CAD raised by 2134 backers so far

RangeBob
07-13-2017, 09:14 PM
2017/07/13
Ottawa, Ontario

First it was a Toronto Sun reader buying a full-page advertisement to apologize to Omar Khadr’s victims for the eight-figure settlement he received from the Canadian government.

Now former prime minister Stephen Harper has reached out to the families to express his outrage.

Upset about the Liberal government’s $10.5-million settlement with Khadr, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s predecessor picked up the phone Wednesday and called American soldier Layne Morris at his home in Utah.

“Layne spoke with Prime Minister Harper today,” his wife, Leisl, said on Wednesday night.

The call came just hours before lawyers for Morris and the widow of American special forces Sgt. Christopher Speer went into court to attempt to freeze Khadr’s assets with a view that the windfall could be applied to a $134-milllion American court judgment they won.

It is believed Harper made a similar call to Speer’s widow, Tabitha, but neither side has confirmed.

However, Leisl Morris said her husband had a good talk with Harper.

“Layne had a little trouble matching schedules with Prime Minister Harper but once they did connect, they spoke for a little over six minutes,” she said.

Her husband was thrilled by the gesture.

“He was very nice,” she said of Harper. “Prime Minister Harper apologized for the payout to Omar.”

And although he appreciated the former prime minister saying that, Morris said it was not necessary.

“Layne told him he did not need an apology because he knows the heart of the Canadian people and understands it’s the government and the current prime minister’s doing,” Leisl said.

She also said it “touched our hearts” that a “concerned” Canadian would spend their own money to take out a full-page ad in the Toronto Sun to let the families know not all Canadians agree with both the amount of the settlement to Khadr and the official apology.

The man who took out the ad told me Thursday: “I am staying anonymous for now because it was meant to come from the sentiment of regular Canadians who feel this way and not just from one. I did it because I felt I needed to put my money where my heart was.”

He said he also appreciated seeing similar commentary from Canadians from coast to coast, including from Harper himself.

Harper has been critical on social media of the settlement.

“The government today attempted to lay blame elsewhere for their decision to conclude a secret deal with Omar Khadr,” Harper wrote in a statement Friday. “The decision to enter into this deal is theirs, and theirs alone, and it is simply wrong. Canadians deserve better than this.

“Today my thoughts are with Tabitha Speer and the families of all Canadian and allied soldiers who paid the ultimate price fighting to protect us.”

And now Harper has expressed this sentiment directly to Khadr’s victims.

hxxp://m.torontosun.com/2017/07/13/former-pm-stephen-harper-reaches-out-to-khadr-victim

Weekend Gunslingers
07-13-2017, 09:16 PM
Good for him.

RangeBob
07-13-2017, 09:22 PM
From CGN, re Harper

This guy did more for building international integrity and trade during his tenure than the last 5 Liberal prime ministers. Besides, true hockey fans are always stand up guys.... What sport is Turdo into now? Oh ya, sock collecting, and criminal pay offs.

Is selfies a sport?

Much respect..... regardless of anyone's political leanings, this was a great gesture and netted Harper absolutely nothing but a clear conscience.....

best PM of my lifetime.

What a class act by Harper...

I wish Harper was PM. I don't think khard would get one thin dime.

A real PM. And so many idiots voted against him.

Harper is more of a statesman than Trudeau will ever be. That was shown in his call to the real victims.

I miss Harper.

If we could only have Harper back as PM and Ralph Klein back as Premier of Alberta.

Stephen Harper is an honourable man , who generated much respect for Canada . Turdo is a cheap entertainer who would starve if he had to really work for a living .

I miss him too. As PM it felt like you were in the back middle seat of Uncle Stephen's 82 Buick Riviera. Not getting there fast but with a little style, not too much flash and safe. Nowadays it like sitting in the front seat with your stoned 16 year old second cousin, 'N' in the rear window and a broken seat belt. You may get there but sure as ####e, something's gonna go wrong and not end well.

I miss Harper

I want to shake Harpers hand. To me he is a Patriot. I want to kick Turdeau in the nuts. He is giving the Country away.

I really wish we could have him back.

If the history books are written accurately Harper will be celebrated as one of the best PMs we ever had, if not the best. Certainly the best in my lifetime.

Class act again, Harper. None of that lingering stink that ex-leaders always have, like Obama.

So many people feel this way but the system is set up now that if you say anything against someone who's self reporting as a feminist/globalist/progressive you're labeled intolerant. Our PM has declared himself as the 'victim' and if you disagree then you are anti-...(insert oppressed title here). The irony is our child in chief has led nothing but a privileged life but as long as he continues to spew the progressive narrative he's forgiven by the left.

All Harper asked for was an opportunity to make and keep our country prosperous and safe. He held himself to the same standard he asked of all Canadians. Such evil attributes eh?

goosesniper
07-14-2017, 03:50 AM
All Canadiens. Lol. Have to pay. Yes. People who earn money pay more taxes. How are the on the system refugees and social services paying their share? Oh yes, they pay with with less services like the rest of us. But we still pay for it. Saying all Canadians pay for it is wrong. Some pay financially where everyone pays on services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RangeBob
07-17-2017, 10:44 PM
$190,899 CAD raised by 3118 backers so far

RangeBob
07-18-2017, 08:34 PM
$203,230 CAD raised by 3274 backers so far

I'm betting most are just regarding it as "an Embarrassment Tax levied on us by El Trudeau II." That "we want to raise money for this woman and her kids because we want to send a message to Ottawa".