PDA

View Full Version : Liberals and guns

Dstorm
07-19-2017, 01:23 PM
The liberals think that anyone can buy a gun without a licencehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170719/2c58a32c6ed3257f2a2a948ffe8258c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Run 'n' Gun
07-19-2017, 02:15 PM
That's not readable, too small...

At least for my old eyes

sltoronto
07-19-2017, 02:24 PM
http://www.liberal.ca/realchange/guns/

OK, you choose -
1) absolutely ignorant
2) absolute liars
3) absolutely ignorant absolute liars

"We will take action to get handguns and assault weapons off our streets.

Over the last decade, Stephen Harper has steadily weakened our gun laws in ways that make Canadians more vulnerable and communities more dangerous.

We will take pragmatic action to make it harder for criminals to get, and use, handguns and assault weapons. We will:

repeal changes made by Bill C-42 that allow restricted and prohibited weapons to be freely transported without a permit(????),
and we will put decision-making about weapons restrictions back in the hands of police, not politicians;

provide $100 million each year to the provinces and territories to support guns and gangs police task forces to take illegal guns off our streets and reduce gang violence;

modify the membership of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to include knowledgeable law enforcement officers,
public health advocates, representatives from women’s groups, and members of the legal community;

require enhanced background checks for anyone seeking to purchase a handgun or other restricted firearm; (?????)

require purchasers of firearms to show a license when they buy a gun, and require all sellers of firearms to confirm that the license is valid before completing the sale; (????)

require firearms vendors to keep records of all firearms inventory and sales to assist police in investigating firearms trafficking and other gun crimes; (aka registry)

immediately implement the imported gun marking regulations that have been repeatedly delayed by Stephen Harper; and

as part of our investment in border infrastructure, invest in technologies to enhance our border guards’ ability to detect and halt illegal guns from the United States entering into Canada.

We will not create a new national long-gun registry to replace the one that has been dismantled. (????)

We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the international Arms Trade Treaty.

SpenceyHR
07-19-2017, 02:28 PM
Of course they use the term weapon over firearm.

Marcel
07-19-2017, 02:58 PM
Over the last decade, Stephen Harper has steadily weakened our gun laws in ways that make Canadians more vulnerable and communities more dangerous.

We will take pragmatic action to make it harder for criminals to get, and use, handguns and assault weapons.

It is no more difficult for criminals to get illegal guns than it ever was, you stupid morons! If anything it's probably easier.

GonZo
07-19-2017, 03:07 PM
Isnt this the web page from their election platform. I think this is old news.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Doug_M
07-19-2017, 03:07 PM
Dstorm, I appreciate your enthusiasm but we were all over this before the 2015 election.

Billythreefeathers
07-19-2017, 03:20 PM
Dstorm, I appreciate your enthusiasm but we were all over this before the 2015 election.

And Welcome to GoC ;)

TheHydrant
07-19-2017, 03:54 PM
Well.....old news or not...it's always nice to be reminded that gun owners must remain vigilant

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Big-Boss-Man
07-19-2017, 06:52 PM
The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, {snip} Born and raised in Calgary, Kent’s life drastically changed when, just shy of his twenty-second birthday, while riding in a friend’s car, he was hit by a drive-by shooter leaving him paralyzed. The life-altering injury did not quash his ambitions

I think this should tell the tale.

Swingerguy
07-19-2017, 06:59 PM
It still quickens my pulse to read this garbage.

CLW .45
07-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Of course they use the term weapon over firearm.

Suck it up Princess. The last thing we need is to continue that '70's (firearms) political correctness BS.

The Brits lost their handguns because they bought into the "sport, only sport" nonsense.

If they get them back it will be because they are demanding weapons with which to protect their loved ones.

We don't need to go any further down that road.

wolver
07-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Sure wish Harper had of made half an effort to help us while he had a majority.

CLW .45
07-19-2017, 09:56 PM

We failed to convince him that it was in his best interest to do so.

Hell, we failed to convince many firearms owners.

goosesniper
07-20-2017, 07:07 AM

He did nothing. You're absolutely correct there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

awndray
07-20-2017, 07:11 AM
Can we move this thread elsewhere?

Billythreefeathers
07-20-2017, 07:25 AM
He did nothing. You're absolutely correct there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hold it,,, he did exactly what he set out to do "NO GUN REGISTRY, NO WHEAT BOARD, NO KYOTO"

getting rid the GUN REGISTRY was a major victory

DasMauser
07-20-2017, 07:25 AM
It still quickens my pulse to read this garbage.

Agreed. I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread, too early in the morning to get angry, even if it is old news.

Although I am curious as to what the Liberals will change in the UN marking system that they delayed for another year and a half. Wait and see I guess

wolver
07-20-2017, 07:52 AM
hold it,,, he did exactly what he set out to do "NO GUN REGISTRY, NO WHEAT BOARD, NO KYOTO"

getting rid the GUN REGISTRY was a major victory

My guns are still registered. Maybe long gun owners got a break, but he did nothing for those who own restricted and prohibited guns. Things even got worser.