PDA

View Full Version : Trudeau, free worlds best hope

Maximus44
07-26-2017, 03:17 PM
Yeah I threw up...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/justin-trudeau-canadian-prime-minister-free-worlds-best-hope-w494098

Scotlas
07-26-2017, 03:23 PM
The North Star. That is serious vomit material right there. I wonder how much the Government paid to have them use that phrase.

Please don't let that term catch on...Please don't let that term catch on...Please don't let that term catch on...Please don't let that term catch on...Please don't let that term catch on.

Strewth
07-26-2017, 03:30 PM
^It can't catch on, I mean, c'mon, it's Rolling Stone. No one reads that insulated Hollywood progressive drek do they? Please don't let that term catch on....please don't let that term catch on....

Zinilin
07-26-2017, 03:36 PM
More like a Northern Light.

The sporadic release of energy from uncoordinated solar wind in the presence of a spinning magnetic field.

killer kane
07-26-2017, 03:59 PM
Oh man, I love it! I'm sure we can come up with some sort of way to make fun of the little star, just look at him.....twinkle.;D

Zinilin
07-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Oh man, I love it! I'm sure we can come up with some sort of way to make fun of the little star, just look at him.....twinkle.;D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a5/3f/fc/a53ffc494fe01cedcb7105906eff066e--nativity-costumes-christmas-costumes.jpg

Strewth
07-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Twinkle twinkle little star,
How'd you get up where you are.
Promised you'd let us get high,
spent so much we want to cry.
Twinkle twinkle little star,
Your reign is at best sub-par.

Hmmm. Could be fun after all! Czar, scar, brain in a jar, Babar...

DanN
07-26-2017, 04:17 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/9a/9a32b5fd2e96017c9d8f02162b2fb06caaa83327da49a61274 dcba6af038d7d3.jpg

Weekend Gunslingers
07-26-2017, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr0FljlIGhc

Swingerguy
07-26-2017, 04:22 PM
There are no words to properly convey my disgust.

GTW
07-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Same rag that just paid 1.62 million to settle a defamation lawsuit over a fraudulent story about a rape on the campus of the University of Virginia.
I like this tidbit: "His words are coherent and will not need to be run through Google Translate when he is done" - guess even 'Muricans can say Ahhh, uummm,ahhh ummm.
or "His sleeves are pushed up, his tie blue, his shirt white, his socks festooned with moose" - missed the important point that if you listen closely, you can hear air whistling through his ears.
Lastly: "“The Canadians will hate this, but at times Trudeau and his young staff give off the aura of a well-meaning Netflix adaptation about a young, idealistic Canadian prime minister.” No, the aura is the smell of horse manure clinging to elitist snobs who truly believe they are the only ones fit to make decisions for the peasants of Canada.

I wonder how much the LPC paid for this tripe to take the stench away from the Khadr fiasco?

I am so getting this hat for $23.99:
https://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image-server/v1/products/1017483441/views/1,width=800,height=800,appearanceId=5,backgroundCo lor=e2e1e1,version=1491954722/make-trudeau-a-drama-teacher-again-fitted-hat-baseball-cap.jpg

Swampdonkey
07-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Apparently, there's big money in propaganda.

How does the payment get transferred and accounted?

Forbes/Hutton
07-26-2017, 04:27 PM
A week after he was complaining about the CPC going to the American media. Again: if it weren't for lies and hypocrisy, lieberals would be silent.

Scotlas
07-26-2017, 04:32 PM
I wonder how much the LPC paid for this tripe to take the stench away from the Khadr fiasco?

I think that is exactly what happened here. Deflect.

The only thing worse than the $10.5 Mil would be if gave $20 Mil of our tax dollars to the (Pay to Play) Clinton (Crime) Foundation. Oh wait. He did that too.

soulchaser
07-26-2017, 04:43 PM
So Conservatives can't go into the US and talk about Trudeau paying a convicted terrorist $10.5 million, but it's OK for Trudeau to do these pathetic ego stroking magazine spreads in the US.

And if Trudeau is the free worlds best hope, the free world is well and truly f--ked.

RangeBob
07-26-2017, 04:50 PM
When justin first started giving Canadian billions around the world it was suggested that he was doing that so that he could become the next Secretary General of the United Nations.

In September 1961, Secretary General Dag Hammarskjöld was fulfilling one of his duties, using his influence to negotiate a cease-fire in a war zone, when he was killed in an air crash (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Ndola_United_Nations_DC-6_crash) enroute.

While justin isn't afraid of air travel, does anyone think he has the respect of belligerents sufficient to end a war?

chuckbuster
07-26-2017, 05:08 PM
More like a Northern Light.

The sporadic release of energy from uncoordinated solar wind in the presence of a spinning magnetic field.

Kind of like an unexpected fart from unexpected sources. Sounds about right for Justine.

Waterloomike
07-26-2017, 06:30 PM
The free world's best hope to be ended forever.

He's a dictator worshiping, boot licking, terrorist hugging imbecile.

My gawd, rolling stone has negative credibility.

The world has poured trillions into the middle east and turdeau pays off a terrorist and HE'S the best hope?

I think he's no hope at all.

Waterloomike
07-26-2017, 07:54 PM
When justin first started giving Canadian billions around the world it was suggested that he was doing that so that he could become the next Secretary General of the United Nations.

In September 1961, Secretary General Dag Hammarskjöld was fulfilling one of his duties, using his influence to negotiate a cease-fire in a war zone, when he was killed in an air crash (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Ndola_United_Nations_DC-6_crash) enroute.

While justin isn't afraid of air travel, does anyone think he has the respect of belligerents sufficient to end a war?

They would laugh at him, his socks and his very light step in gay pride parades.

FallisCowboy
07-26-2017, 09:04 PM
They would laugh at him, his socks and his very light step in gay pride parades.

Then hopefully cap his ass with two to the torso and one to the head.

Carguy2550
07-27-2017, 01:35 AM
If the current occupant of the PMO is the free worlds best hope we need to settle on a definition of "free".

shortandlong
07-27-2017, 02:28 AM
The sub leader of a dictatorship is the best hope?

speedloader
07-27-2017, 05:56 AM
my god .......can they please send a big bag of what they are sniffing or smoking over
the shear stupidity of that statement gives me a headache

SeirX
07-27-2017, 08:32 AM
I honestly could NOT make it through that "article".
When they mention how his hair is a colour found in nature? They couldn't be sucking his d|ck harder if they were felching him through his ear-holes.

....if the world is going to hell and we're all along for the ride, it may be time to learn how to tuck&roll

blacksmithden
07-27-2017, 09:05 AM
I saw the thread title yesterday, but couldnt respond......because I couldnt stop ROFLMFAO !!!! If THAT idiot is hope, we might as well put gasoline and a match to the place now.

RangeBob
07-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Jul. 27, 2017
Opinion by Andrew MacDougall (former director of communications to Stephen Harper)

You know things are bad in the United States when they put the Canadian prime minister on the cover of Rolling Stone with the headline: “Why can’t he be our President?”

With profound apologies (naturally) to our southern neighbours, Justin Trudeau isn’t the saviour of the western world. For what it’s worth, the smart money’s on Angela Merkel. Not that you’ll find a serious analysis of the problem in the obsequious profile of our Prime Minister.

Then again, what else is new?

The Rolling Stone profile is but the latest round of a seemingly endless game of which foreign publication can puff the Prime Minister most comprehensively. To wit, a recent front page profile in a Rhode Island newspaper ahead of Mr. Trudeau’s (politically important and astute) address to the U.S. Governors Association opened with a command to Google Mr. Trudeau’s “butt.”

Conservatives say Trudeau's Rolling Stone cover jeopardizes NAFTA talks

What is it about Mr. Trudeau that turns foreign reporters into crack addicts? “His dark hair is a colour found in nature,” Stephen Rodrick, the Rolling Stone reporter, squeals in his piece.

I’ll cop to some jealousy. I could have bribed reporters with millions and they wouldn’t have written about Stephen Harper in this manner. Then again, Mr. Harper would never have wanted to be written about in such purple prose. His aims – to say nothing of his methods – were miles away from Mr. Trudeau’s softer touch. The former prime minister would have written Rolling Stone off as irrelevant.

Which brings us to the real question: What does any of this fawning coverage of Mr. Trudeau actually get Canada?

For a country entering a NAFTA renegotiation with Donald Trump’s protectionist administration, a glowing profile positioning Mr. Trudeau as the anti-Trump isn’t likely to help with horse trading. Indeed, the Liberals cited NAFTA when chiding Conservatives for mentioning the Omar Khadr settlement in U.S. media.

Could it be a clever ploy to reach a wider U.S. audience that could prove helpful on NAFTA or other policy files? Not likely. Although Rolling Stone has beefed up its political coverage in the age of Trump, it’s not the journal of record on Capitol Hill.

Might it be a play to Mr. Trump’s respect for celebrity? The President certainly loves a star, as evidenced by his recent applause for Mr. Trudeau’s job performance, which he called “spectacular.” But that’s a high-risk, low-reward approach when the two leaders already have a decent understanding of one another.

Which brings us to the real reason Mr. Trudeau’s office courted the music publication: to build up the Trudeau brand for domestic purposes. The marketing minds in Mr. Trudeau’s office know that Canadians turn into a nation of gushing Sally Fields (“You like me! Right now, you like me!”) when praised by foreigners. It’s not one of our finer traits, but the PMO will push that button until it stops providing a return.

Courting celebrity also provides a handy contrast with Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer, who will never be able to match the Prime Minister’s star power. The mere fact that Mr. Trudeau is (once again) being fawned over could tip Conservatives into paroxysms of rage.

Conservatives should resist the impulse and remember that Mr. Trudeau’s number-one political weapon is his likeability. Moreover, Canadians like that their prime minister is liked. If Conservatives are smart they’ll brush Rolling Stone off as meaningless puffery.

Because that’s all it is. No American seriously thinks Canada is going to save the day. If the Americans still had Barack Obama, Rolling Stone wouldn’t give two hoots about Justin Trudeau, or his feminism and fancy socks.

No, the Rolling Stone subset of America – along with the other populations represented by the international press currently going gaga for Mr. Trudeau – are crying for help because the United States is now being led by a fickle, disloyal, hot-headed President with little affection for the political norms or constraints of Western democracies. This crowd knows the system of values and laws that have governed the international order since the Second World War only work when they’re underpinned by American might and diplomacy.

No matter how much Mr. Trudeau talks the talk, he’ll never be able to walk the American walk. Canada doesn’t carry a big enough stick or have an ample enough carrot patch to carry the day in naughty places like Russia or China.

So grab your barf bucket and gobble up Rolling Stone’s saccharine profile of Mr. Trudeau. We could all use a bit of candy in this bitter world.

hxxps://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/trudeaus-celebrity-helps-trudeau-not-canada/article35807527/

Scotlas
07-27-2017, 03:54 PM

So grab your barf bucket and gobble up Rolling Stone’s saccharine profile of Mr. Trudeau. We could all use a bit of candy in this bitter world.

The G&M gets one thumbs up internet point for printing that!

Suputin
07-27-2017, 07:23 PM
If potato head is the free world's best hope then we are in DEEP trouble.

Waterloomike
07-27-2017, 08:15 PM
Slimy potato couldn't lead a duck to water or find his ass with both hands, a flashlight and a map.

He is propped up by a stick up his ass. The ONLY reason he is where he is, is because of his name. I won't say his dad because we really don't know who that might be.

I wonder how much rolling stone had to donate to the turdo foundation to get this interview or if the turd gang paid them.

He's as much a leader as I am a brain surgeon.

He stands for nothing and accomplishes less.

May he rot in hell forever.

RangeBob
07-27-2017, 08:35 PM
He stands for nothing and accomplishes less.

Elsewhere there's a bit of a debate about how much protection politicians should have.

I was thinking for a moment why politicians need protection. Why might people dislike them more than say stepping on dog poop. Presumably the RCMP who read threatening letters would probably have a decent list of categories, but in my inexpert innocence I'll talk only about 'free' money.

Traditionally, a fiscally conservative politician weighs the various calls on the public purse, and applies money where he feels that, in combination, it will do the most net good. Invariably this means that some get less than they were hoping for, or less than they got last year.

justin's not like that.
He seems to have two strategies
1) pay friends of friends obscene amounts of money, use buzzwords that conservatives use like 'investment' when actually it's just spending; and charge it all to the 'credit card' at whatever the current interest rate is regardless of the direction rates are likely to go in the future
2) promise everyone everything, indeed meet with them and tell them how much he loves them, and then quite arbitrarily give them nothing.

He may have a third strategy, although perhaps 'practice' is a more accurate word, but such a strategy doesn't get mentioned much around the parts I travel so I haven't noticed it.

BTW, I see SR&ED spent $500 million less in 2016 than the last year the conservatives were in power.
"it was the Liberals who decided to further reduce the amount of available SR&ED funding by $500 million in 2016", out of $1.8 billion, and they hired 40% more employees and spent 60% more to do less.
-- http://www.itbusiness.ca/news/government-essentially-cutting-billions-from-innovation-funding-cata-says/93023

Waterloomike
07-27-2017, 09:01 PM
That's a great contribution, Bob. And the article is a very worthwhile read.

It demonstrates liberal hatred for innovation and ability, and their love for stomping on those that have creative talents and do have ability.

I'm thinking more, today, on the khadr thing and believe i have something to add. But am going to sleep on it and think some more. I'm thinking the case, is a complete miscarriage and an affront to any decent and reasoning human being.

Sorry for the side track. Your post above is an excellent observation with sturdy proof.

Thanks!