PDA

View Full Version : Reports Canadian made LAV's being used by Saudi regime against civilians

soulchaser
07-28-2017, 10:17 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/saudi-arms-deal-canada-shia-1.4227018

The federal government is "deeply concerned" that Canadian-made armoured vehicles may have been used in a violent crackdown underway in Saudi Arabia and is prepared to take action if human rights were violated, a spokesperson for Global Affairs Canada said*Friday.

At least five people have been reported killed since Wednesday in a massive security operation involving hundreds of Saudi special police officers backed by dozens of armoured vehicles in the town of Awamiya, in the country's restive Eastern Province, home to a large segment of Saudi Arabia's minority Shia population.

Media reports and social media posts from the town of*Awamiya, which has been under siege by Saudi security forces since May,*show government forces*using what appear to be armoured personnel carriers (APCs) produced and exported to the oil-rich kingdom by Terradyne Armored Vehicles Inc., a privately owned company based in Newmarket, Ont.

More at link.

soulchaser
07-28-2017, 10:23 PM
It's a long article in which the CBC "journalist" neglects to make a single mention that it was the Liberals who gave the deal final approval (they issued the export permits finalizing the sale) AND Trudeau himself defended the transaction. From April 2016:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-saudi-arms-deal-amnesty-report-1.3535760

The Liberal government continued to*defend Canada's $15-billion sale of light-armoured vehicles to Saudi Arabia*as "a matter of principle," just*as a new report highlighting the U.S government's concerns with widespread human rights violations in the kingdom was released this week.

"Fundamentally, this issue is a matter of principle," said*Prime Minister Justin Trudeau*from London, Ont., steps away from the company supplying the LAVs to Saudi Arabia. "The principle at play here is that Canada's word needs to mean something in the international community."

lone-wolf
07-28-2017, 10:23 PM
lol, I'm shocked. What kind of action are we planing to take? A change of socks?

RangeBob
07-28-2017, 10:28 PM
lol, I'm shocked. What kind of action are we planing to take? A change of socks?

Trudeau Sets Record For World's Longest 'No'
Jul 26, 2017
Trudeau speaks for almost 2 minutes, avoiding a yes or no answer. The reporter asks the question again.
https://youtu.be/X7I_BhOdcAw

Grey_Wolf
07-28-2017, 10:29 PM
Maybe a stern talking to...

soulchaser
07-28-2017, 10:30 PM

Freeland's going to go over there, ask them to stop using them, then storm out crying when they say no.

Forbes/Hutton
07-28-2017, 10:44 PM

We're not sending them a Christmas ham.

Canada_Phil
07-30-2017, 01:41 PM
Wait.... wait.... wait....

Inanimate Armoured Fighting Vehicles being used to Kill Animate Living things!??

I thought they would strictly have been used for Poker Fun Runs, Summer Beach Cruises and pulling the boat to the cottage!?

This is a shocking development.

Spooksar
07-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Absolutely shocking we sell vehicles to a regime known to violate human right and they keep doing it, the vehicles should have unicorn tears in them to stop this

Forbes/Hutton
07-30-2017, 03:05 PM
SA can't be that bad if Hitlary is willing to take their money, right?

linung
07-30-2017, 04:16 PM
This is like saying if the US decided not to sell guns to Canadians, then we wouldn't be able to get any guns to use in any gun related crimes so that the crime rate would actually drop.

:Bang head:

it is irrelevant. They could have just as easily used Rolls Royce and the result would be the same.

triq
07-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Trudeau Sets Record For World's Longest 'No'
Jul 26, 2017
Trudeau speaks for almost 2 minutes, avoiding a yes or no answer. The reporter asks the question again.
https://youtu.be/X7I_BhOdcAw

Never gets old!

Swampdonkey
07-30-2017, 05:49 PM
At least they paid for them, didn't receive them as foreign aid.

FALover
07-30-2017, 08:17 PM
At least they paid for them, didn't receive them as foreign aid.

The little Turd should be reminded that any purchases made from the Middle East is done with 'dirty oil' or 'blood oil'. Or maybe it is a simple fact that he encourages human rights abuses as shown by his love of Cuba, China, Islam and anything else that has no moral compass.

Waterloomike
07-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Once you sell a gun, you have no control over what they buyer does with it.

Reality.

Turdeau has no concept of that.

Swampdonkey
07-31-2017, 05:27 PM
Two terrorist nations annihilating each other. Why should we stop them?

BTW, China and India might have a war soon.

RangeBob
07-31-2017, 06:14 PM
BTW, China and India might have a war soon.

Don't they usually sort of fight by proxy.

I'm thinking of Pakistan, and things like United Liberation Front Of Assam (Ulfa).

Camo tung
07-31-2017, 06:39 PM
What did they think they were manufacturing at that plant? Golf carts?

Swampdonkey
07-31-2017, 07:34 PM
Don't they usually sort of fight by proxy.

I'm thinking of Pakistan, and things like United Liberation Front Of Assam (Ulfa).

Bhutan and Tibet, but it's the actual Chinese and Indian armies there now.

FALover
07-31-2017, 07:54 PM
Bhutan and Tibet, but it's the actual Chinese and Indian armies there now.

The beginning of a perfect storm. India and China get it on, Pakistan feel some heat, crazed generals fire nukes and while that shyteshow settles into the dust, the U.S of A. turns Pyongyang into a glass parking lot. Russia sits back and watches knowing full well that everyone will blame them with some kind of meddling theory. Halftime show and Israel deletes the Iranian nuclear threat with a well timed, clandestine first strike that looks like an accident that happened with North Korean technology. On a upbeat note, the 'climate change' scam disappears as the nuclear winter takes first place in the news.