PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian Authority now uses half of all foreign aid to reward terror

RangeBob
07-31-2017, 08:29 PM
July 28, 2017
World

Your tax dollars at work: The Palestinian Authority is now using half of its foreign aid to reward terrorism.

The new PA budget boosts support to terrorists in prison by 13 percent and aid for the families of those killed “in the struggle against Zion” 4 percent, reports the Institute for Contemporary Affairs.

The total, $344 million, equals 49.6 percent of all foreign aid to the PA. In other words, cash from Uncle Sam, Europe and even Israel is subsidizing “welfare for terrorists.”

The PA sends a salary to each Palestinian imprisoned for an attack on Israelis, hitting over $3,000 a month after 30 years. Other stipends go to families of “martyrs” killed in the act. That’s $344 million for 2017 that’s not going to build roads or hospitals.

Knowing that you or your family will be taken care of is a clear incentive to kill. That’s why President Trump is threatening to end US aid if the PA doesn’t quit it.

The PA budget is a clear “no” to Trump’s demand. Ball’s in your court, Mr. President.

hxxp://nypost.com/2017/07/28/palestinian-authority-now-uses-half-of-all-foreign-aid-to-reward-terror/

RangeBob
07-31-2017, 08:30 PM
Nov 16, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario

The federal Liberals are providing $25 million to a UN relief agency for Palestinian refugees that was cut off by the previous Conservative government for alleged ties to Hamas.

International Development Minister Marie-Claude Bibeau made the announcement at a news conference and also during question period in the House of Commons — news that was greeted by cries of "shame" from the opposition benches.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees, also known as UNRWA, lost federal funding in 2010 amid allegations it was tied too closely to Hamas, considered a terrorist organization by Canada and others.

Bibeau says $20 million will go support education, health and social services for millions of vulnerable Palestinian refugees, as well as urgent humanitarian assistance.

An additional $5 million is being provided in response to the agency's appeal for help for those impacted by the crisis in Syria and its environs.

"I'm horrified," said Conservative foreign affairs critic Peter Kent, who said there is ample proof that "massive amounts" of UN aid have been redirected to support Palistinian military efforts against Israel.

"We have abundant evidence that UNRWA is part of the problem."

The government says the money will be accompanied by "enhanced due diligence," including a "very robust oversight and reporting framework" that includes regular site visits and anti-terrorism provisions.

"Millions of Palestinian refugees across the Middle East have the right to receive basic services such as health care and to send their children to school," Bibeau said in a statement.

"We want to see Palestinian refugee children in classrooms where they can learn universal values of tolerance and respect. Vulnerable Palestinians deserve all the opportunities they can to contribute positively to their communities and Canada's funding will help to better the lives of millions of refugees."

David Cape, chair of the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs, said his group respects the need to provide humanitarian aid to the region, but nonetheless has "serious reservations" about the UN agency in question and its alleged Hamas ties.

"Hamas is notorious for diverting funds and materials provided by the international community intended for humanitarian aid to terrorist purposes," Cape said in a statement.

"We have communicated our concerns about UNRWA's accountability and neutrality to the government, and we appreciate both the government's acknowledgement of these concerns and the measures Canada has now put into place to ensure meaningful accountability and oversight."

hxxp://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/unrwa-funding-palestinian-restored-1.3852779

Waterloomike
07-31-2017, 08:37 PM
I believe the $25 mill was the turd's brain abortion.

LB303
07-31-2017, 11:23 PM
"We want to see Palestinian refugee children in classrooms where they can learn universal values of tolerance and respect.

Gag me. Shame, indeed

It's common knowledge that Palestinian children are taught that Jews eat babies, etc.
This government has to go, and they will. I pray that we can fix the damage they are doing

ilikemoose
08-01-2017, 12:21 AM
Gag me. Shame, indeed

It's common knowledge that Palestinian children are taught that Jews eat babies, etc.
This government has to go, and they will. I pray that we can fix the damage they are doing

Palestine is well known for teaching tolerance and respect.

killer kane
08-01-2017, 08:40 AM
Palestine is well known for teaching tolerance and respect.

Reminds me of anyone of many hipster conversations I've heard at work, or in local watering holes here in redmonton.:smash:

RangeBob
08-01-2017, 09:53 AM
[from travel.gc.ca (https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/israel-the-west-bank-and-the-gaza-strip). Colour preserved from the website.]

Risk Levels
1) Exercise normal security precautions
2) Exercise a high degree of caution
3) Avoid non-essential travel
4) Avoid all travel

Note: the advice is even for people with citizenship for the destinations.

Israel : Exercise a high degree of caution. There is no nationwide advisory in effect for Israel. However, you should exercise a high degree of caution as the security situation may change rapidly.

Gaza Strip - AVOID ALL TRAVEL Global Affairs Canada advises against all travel to the Gaza Strip, due to continuing conflict between Israel and Gaza-based terrorists, such as Hamas, and the possible resumption of armed hostilities. If you travel to the Gaza Strip, you may be unable to leave. There is a high risk of kidnapping in the Gaza Strip and foreigners may be targeted.

West Bank - AVOID NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL Global Affairs Canada advises against non-essential travel to the West Bank, excluding Ramallah, Jericho and Bethlehem, due to the unpredictable security situation. Tensions in some areas of the West Bank are high. Violent clashes, demonstrations and military operations occur. There are periodic Israeli security operations targeting individuals in cities and villages throughout the West Bank, particularly in Hebron, Jenin, Nablus, Qalqiliyya, Tulkarem and the refugee camps. Travel only during the daytime and do not stay in the West Bank overnight. Clashes may occur between Israeli settlers and Palestinians. If you are travelling to the West Bank despite this advice, ensure that you have appropriate security measures in place to protect yourself, as well as alternate travel arrangements in case of a rapid deterioration in the security situation. Carry your passport at all times, register and maintain contact with the Representative Office of Canada in Ramallah, keep a low profile, monitor local news reports and follow the advice of local authorities.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/West_Bank_%26_Gaza_Map_2007_%28Settlements%29.png

Suputin
08-01-2017, 04:46 PM
That is an entirely screwed up part of the world. Our tax dollars aren't going to change that. Our tax dollars going to fund terrorism sure as sh!t isn't going to change that.

Carguy2550
08-01-2017, 06:54 PM
What worries me is that only half is being used to spread the religion of peace and brotherhood. God knows what would happen if they used all of it.

FALover
08-01-2017, 07:27 PM
What worries me is that only half is being used to spread the religion of peace and brotherhood. God knows what would happen if they used all of it.
No worries, the other half is lining the Swiss bank accounts of a few upper lever Palestinian politicos who will skip outta' dodge when the SHTF.