PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Mulroney, Daughter Of Former Prime Minister, Running For Ontario PC Nomination

Billythreefeathers
08-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Caroline Mulroney, Daughter Of Former Prime Minister, Running For Ontario PC Nomination

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/08/02/caroline-mulroney-daughter-of-former-prime-minister-running-fo_a_23061559/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage

Another scion of a former Canadian prime minister is jumping into the family business.

Caroline Mulroney, a Toronto-based lawyer and the eldest daughter of former Progressive Conservative prime minister Brian Mulroney, has announced she is seeking an Ontario PC nomination for the 2018 election.

She is aiming to run in York-Simcoe, currently held by PC MPP Julia Munro. Munro is retiring next year after more than two decades at Queen's Park and has already announced her support of Mulroney. The riding is held federally by Conservative veteran Peter Van Loan.

Mulroney made her bid official Wednesday with a video released to her website where she said government needs to "get out of the way," manage taxes properly and focus on affordability.

"As a working mother of four, I know we need change," Mulroney says in the clip. "I want people to have the opportunity to thrive."

In a Facebook post, Mulroney blasted Ontario Liberals for "skyrocketing hydro rates, job-killing regulations, higher taxes, while we're drowning in debt."

The biography on her campaign website makes no mention of her famous dad, but notes that Mulroney was born in Montreal, "grew up in Ottawa," and is bilingual.

According to the site, she is currently the vice-president of Toronto-based investment firm BloombergSen Investment Partner and a graduate of Harvard College and the NYU School of Law.

She hinted at a run for a provincial nomination at the federal Conservative leadership in Toronto in May. Along with Tory MP Candice Bergen, Mulroney served as the co-master of ceremonies on the first night of weekend event, often speaking in French.

Mulroney scored laughs from delegates when she took a playful dig at Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, asking: "Who would want to run for the dad's old job?"

'Who would want to run for the dad's old job?'

She later told CBC News that politics was something that she always considered for a career and made clear she is a Progressive Conservative.

"What I've learned from watching my father and so many of our friends participate in it, it's all about timing and opportunity and getting all those things right," she said.

Polls have suggested for some time that the Ontario Liberals could be in trouble with voters, with an election set for next June. According to the Angus Reid Institute, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne remains the least popular provincial leader in Canada.

In 2015, a Toronto Sun columnist sparked chatter by reporting Tory insiders wanted Mulroney to pursue the federal leadership, ultimately won by Andrew Scheer. She later told iPolitics that, while "flattered," she was not interested in the job.

Hugh John Macdonald, son of Canada's first PM John A. Macdonald, served as a Manitoba MP.

Former Tory prime minister Charles Tupper had two sons who were also elected to public office: Charles Hibbert Tupper, who served as a longtime Nova Scotia MP, and William Johnston Tupper, who was a Manitoba MLA.

Jean-Paul St. Laurent, son of former Liberal PM Louis St. Laurent, served as a Quebec MP

Billythreefeathers
08-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Caroline Mulroney Lapham has an undergraduate degree from Harvard University and a law degree from New York University.

well she may be smarter then a liberal

50 B.M.G.
08-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Caroline Mulroney Lapham has an undergraduate degree from Harvard University and a law degree from New York University.

That doesn't take much. My gold fish is smarter than a lieberal, and more trustworthy.

soulchaser
08-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Before all the usual suspects start their "RED TORY - RED TORY - RED TORY" screaming, she is actually VERY well respected among all branches of the Conservative Party of Canada.

There was a significant group of well know Conservative, conservatives, PC's and even a few Libertarian conservatives who tried to get her to run for the federal leadership.

Billythreefeathers
08-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Before all the usual suspects start their "RED TORY - RED TORY - RED TORY" screaming, she is actually VERY well respected among all branches of the Conservative Party of Canada.

There was a significant group of well know Conservative, conservatives, PC's and even a few Libertarian conservatives who tried to get her to run for the federal leadership.

Along with Tory MP Candice Bergen, Mulroney served as the co-master of ceremonies on the first night of weekend event, often speaking in French.

^^^ you just don't cross the street and do this ^^^

Rory McCanuck
08-02-2017, 05:57 PM
I'll give her slightly more leeway than Justin, only because she's 'on our side'.
And her father is slightly less despicable than Pierre.

TJSpeller
08-02-2017, 06:00 PM
It's the kind of marquee candidate the Ontario PCs need, to show that they are ready to govern and that they have serious candidates. They need a half dozen such announcements, and things will look a lot better for the election next year.

That said... any spawn of Mulroney makes me uneasy. She obviously has ambitions beyond provincial politics.

Canada_Phil
08-02-2017, 06:12 PM
I'll give her slightly more leeway than Justin, only because she's 'on our side'.
And her father is slightly less despicable than Pierre.

Yeah...

Let's hope that unlike her Pop, her favourite colour is not "Manilla" and that there are not any portly middle-aged German dudes in her life.

soulchaser
08-02-2017, 06:26 PM
It's the kind of marquee candidate the Ontario PCs need, to show that they are ready to govern and that they have serious candidates. They need a half dozen such announcements, and things will look a lot better for the election next year.

That said... any spawn of Mulroney makes me uneasy. She obviously has ambitions beyond provincial politics.

I've been told by someone the they are trying to get former Toronto Argo Mike "Pinball" Clemons to run.

Now, the person who told me this has I would say a 70% accuracy rate in things he tells me, so it may or may not be accurate.

I do however know Brown and Pinball have a friendly relationship and Clemons has spoken at a few Ontario PC events since Brown won the leadership.

ilikemoose
08-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Seems like an impressive candidate who will end up having a bright future in Ontario politics.

shortandlong
08-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Seems like an impressive candidate who will end up having a bright future in Ontario politics.

I frankly don't think anything is bright in Ontario ..... and isn't one royal family good enough? Now we have 3

How about they get rid of the "progressive" part?

Ole Brian was progressive... oh was he ever!

ilikemoose
08-02-2017, 09:34 PM
All I was saying is that she seems, on the basis of her accomplishments rather than her pedigree to be an impressive candidate for an MLA.

You are of course completely correct in pointing out that to many of us, the Mulroney name is mud.

Sinbad
08-02-2017, 09:45 PM

TJSpeller
08-02-2017, 09:48 PM
I'd be a lot more impressed by her if she wasn't going for one of the safest PC ridings in Ontario.

LB303
08-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Red Tory! Red Tory! Red Tory! Red Tory! Red Tory! Red Tory! Red Tory! Red Tory! Red Tory! Red Tory! Bloomberg?!
ok got that out of my system...
All I hope is, she isn't the second coming of Belinda Stronach.

Swampdonkey
08-03-2017, 01:05 AM
Just like Brian, she'll have to reverse terrible deficits and be the bad guy forever.

joe6167
08-03-2017, 04:58 AM
The ancient Romans taught us why you "never hire the guy's son (or in this case daughter)." Just about every emperor who was the last guy's son, was a psychopath! The "Five Good Emperors" were not the last guy's son.

Two For Sure
08-03-2017, 05:02 AM
I'd be a lot more impressed by her if she wasn't going for one of the safest PC ridings in Ontario.
Seeking the nomination does not mean winning the nomination. The PCs are already under fire for rigging nomination meetings and this one will be very high profile.

glockfan
08-03-2017, 07:49 AM
She later told CBC News that politics was something that she always considered for a career and made clear she is a Progressive Conservative.

ugh! not sure she mirror the picture of my view on conservatism.

progressist in front of conservatism doesn't means anything else than liberal in disguise to me

TJSpeller
08-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Seeking the nomination does not mean winning the nomination. The PCs are already under fire for rigging nomination meetings and this one will be very high profile.

There's a sitting PC MP there. I have to assume the MP wants to step down. Otherwise she would be booting out a sitting MP against their will in a safe riding.

That's not a good thing to do, normally. Ideally, your star candidates go to ridings where you didn't have a seat, but lost by a small margin so they can have street cred by winning and actually contribute something. The PCs have a lot of seats in the GTA that they can flip in this election. She should be going there.

TJSpeller
08-03-2017, 08:06 AM
ugh! not sure she mirror the picture of my view on conservatism.

progressist in front of conservatism doesn't means anything else than liberal in disguise to me

Agree. Usually when they proclaim themselves to be progressive, they are liberals with a modicum of fiscal responsibility, but liberals all the same. I despised Mulroney to the core of my being, as much as Trudeau really, and I would have a really hard time supporting someone who believes in that version of conservatism.

By the way, it was Mulroney who opened up the immigration floodgates in the 1990's, well beyond anything Trudeau did.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/nothing-to-write-home-about/

Mark-II
08-03-2017, 08:18 AM
so, what changes does a "working mother of 4" with a high priced job, from a filthy rich family, think that we need that only Government can provide?**

That rings about as sincere as Justin trying to cozy up to the middle class.

** why - more government, of course!

soulchaser
08-03-2017, 08:26 AM

This high a profile candidate announcing her candidacy at a news conference after being sought out by the party, um, yeah, she's winning the nomination.

She lives in the riding and has put inhard work the last couple months getting out and talking to people.

soulchaser
08-03-2017, 08:30 AM
so, what changes does a "working mother of 4" with a high priced job, from a filthy rich family, think that we need that only Government can provide?**

That rings about as sincere as Justin trying to cozy up to the middle class.

** why - more government, of course!

She hasn't said anything about more government.

She said lower hydro rates, lower taxes and making life more affordable.

Technically, those are things only the government can provide. And she's worked for her money unlike Trudeau who inherited his.

soulchaser
08-03-2017, 08:37 AM
There's a sitting PC MP there. I have to assume the MP wants to step down. Otherwise she would be booting out a sitting MP against their will in a safe riding.

That's not a good thing to do, normally. Ideally, your star candidates go to ridings where you didn't have a seat, but lost by a small margin so they can have street cred by winning and actually contribute something. The PCs have a lot of seats in the GTA that they can flip in this election. She should be going there.

Julia Munro is the current PC MPP and she announced she won't be running in 2019 a long time ago. She's been an MPP 24 years (by the 2019 election)

As for why this riding, Mulroney lives there.

Putting her somewhere else makes he a parachute candidate and historically, parachute candidates don't fair very well in elections.

TJSpeller
08-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Julia Munro is the current PC MPP and she announced she won't be running in 2019 a long time ago. She's been an MPP 24 years (by the 2019 election)

As for why this riding, Mulroney lives there.

Putting her somewhere else makes he a parachute candidate and historically, parachute candidates don't fair very well in elections.

Clear enough. Thanks Soulchaser. The name Mulroney just makes me a bit unhinged, so I may over-react.

LB303
01-28-2018, 06:23 PM
It might be time to resurrect this thread with Brown gone

LB303
01-28-2018, 06:25 PM
C&P from Mitch Wolfe's FB page

Foreshadowing of Caroline Mulroney Delivering Knockout Blow to Kathleen Wynne in Leaders’Debate During2018 Ontario Provincial Election- “You had an option, Ms. Wynne, as ViceChair of the Liberal Party Election Campaign, to say no to cancelling two Ontario gas plants, at a horrific cost of over $1 billion dollars to OntarioTaxpayers in order to win a few votes in Mississauga. But you chose to go along+then lie about it to the Ontario taxpayers. You knew, but in your arrogance, you thought you would get away with it, as you thought you would get away with all Liberal scandals during these past 15 years in power: eHealth, Ornge, obstruction of justice, wiping out emails pertaining to the gas plant cancellations, Ontario Lottery. You had an option, but you prefer corruption to good government in favor of the Ontario taxpayers.”

Shades of Brian Mulroney delivering knockout punch in the 1984 election debates against the punch-drunk Liberal PM John Turner.

https://www.facebook.com/mitch.wolfe.31?fref=gs&hc_ref=ARQ7UOfAK5m8gWHba3bAvylKjo4nemWVwuD5Pt496ND HW1oQxJLG4Ty_Jxkq07_c6S4&dti=1505825203036599&hc_location=group

LB303
01-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Also from Wolfe
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505825203036599/permalink/2042247872727660/

The Rapid Fall of Pat Brown and the Sudden Rise of Princess Caroline Mulroney-The King is Dead- Long Live the New Princess Caroline Mulroney-My Friends, politics is a dirty, dirty, dirty, zero-sum, winner take all business. Or to paraphrase my favorite cynical political philosopher, Thomas Hobbes, “Ontario Conservative politics since the Harris era, is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short”. One day, Patrick Brown is cruising to a sure minority or majority political victory, the next day, his political career is destroyed over allegations of sexual misconduct by two anonymous women. #MeToo strikes again. No due process. No presumption of innocence. But this is hard-nosed, down and dirty politics. Unlike Rob Ford or Donald Trump, Brown did not have the personal strength or personal loyalty of his staff and followers to withstand this brilliantly-timed hit job to his character.

It seemed within minutes of Brown publicly denying these allegations, his campaign director, deputy campaign director, communications director and others had jumped ship. Leaving poor Patrick, alone, solitary. How nasty and brutish. My friendly conservative social media conspiracy theorists pointed their accusatory fingers to old political warrior, former Conservative Prime Minister Brian Mulroney. They suggested on Facebook that Brian had engineered a savage political coup against the Joe Clark-like Brown in support of his daughter Caroline’s leadership bid. Machiavelli would have been impressed.

By Jove, they could be right.

I remember like it was yesterday, Brian Mulroney working his evil magic behind the federal Conservative scene undermining Joe Clark, the then leader of the federal Conservative party in ’82 and ’83. I remember Mulroney and his supporters forcing Clark to call a leadership race. I remember Mulroney seizing the this once in a lifetime political opportunity and winning the leadership from the clueless and hapless Clark ( I hate a guy without hap) in ’83.

I remember Brian Mulroney brilliantly winning two majority elections in a row in ’84 and ’88.

It looks like déjà vu, all over again.

The timing is perfect for a female leader of the provincial Progressive Conservative party.

Out with the horn dog frat boy Patrick Brown and in with the tough, smart Caroline Mulroney.

Caroline is a graduate of Harvard University and New York University law school. She is a lawyer, a venture fund manager and philanthropist. She is a mother of four children. She is not yet a member of the Ontario legislature. But she is running in a very safe Conservative seat outside the Greater Toronto area in an Ontario small town/ rural riding called York Simcoe, that was formally held by Conservative Julia Munro since 1995.

Caroline is favored to win that seat in the upcoming provincial election. I believe that if she throws her hat in the ring, she will win the upcoming provincial leadership and beat Premier Kathleen Wynne and the NDP leader Andrea Horwath.

Unlike our content-free Liberal Prime Minister Mr. Selfie Justin, Caroline is educated, intelligent, articulate and she has had successful careers in law and in business. In this crazy 24/7 media world, Caroline is telegenic, camera-ready, charismatic and youthful. She has the good looks of her mother Mila and the street smarts of her father, Brian. She is an attractive, urbane, sophisticated public figure who will be representing the Conservative heartland.

With Caroline as leader, the Tories will finally break into Toronto’s voter rich suburban ridings.

That is the key to beating Kathleen Wynne and her Liberal party.

Caroline Mulroney is Liberal Premier Kathleen Wynne’s worst nightmare.

Mitch Wolfe is author of “Trump: How He Captured The Trump White House” written and published two months before the election and available on https://www.amazon.com/…/dp/B01M33M5U9/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0…

Forbes/Hutton
01-28-2018, 06:36 PM
Brown is/was a very red tory. He was going to keep most of the garbage Wynne brought in and had no real plan on how he would "fix" hydro rates without doing something Wynne-like. His entire platform was shaping up to be "I'm not her".

RangeBob
01-28-2018, 06:38 PM
His entire platform was shaping up to be "I'm not her".
I thought his entire platform was "I am her, except for school sex ed. But my fellow MPPs are less her!"

Gunexpert007
01-28-2018, 06:39 PM
Not really keen on these political dynasties . Her Daddy filled his pocket with taxpayers cash , and no doubt she is looking to do the same by running in an extremely safe riding . Seems to be a bit of ENTITLEMENT going on there.......:Beer time:

tdod101
01-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Enough of this dynasty crap.

Billythreefeathers
01-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Unlike our content-free Liberal Prime Minister Mr. Selfie Justin, Caroline is educated, intelligent, articulate and she has had successful careers in law and in business. In this crazy 24/7 media world, Caroline is telegenic, camera-ready, charismatic and youthful. She has the good looks of her mother Mila and the street smarts of her father, Brian. She is an attractive, urbane, sophisticated public figure who will be representing the Conservative heartland.

got my vote,, well if I could vote

LB303
01-28-2018, 06:41 PM
Oh, and speaking of royal families
Ben Mulroney's wife and her bud, Prince Harry's betrothed
https://cdn.torontolife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/jess_and_markle.jpg

Waterloomike
01-28-2018, 06:45 PM

I have a worn out pair of smelly shoes that are smarter than a liberal.

Waterloomike
01-28-2018, 06:46 PM
As to the op, I am not fond of oligarchies. Especially one's born in Quebec.

LB303
01-28-2018, 06:50 PM

got my vote,, well if I could vote

And Wolfe is an admitted admirer of the likes of Chuck Schumer, not your typical conservative sympathiser

LB303
01-28-2018, 07:00 PM
Not really keen on these political dynasties . Her Daddy filled his pocket with taxpayers cash , and no doubt she is looking to do the same by running in an extremely safe riding . Seems to be a bit of ENTITLEMENT going on there.......:Beer time:

Not keen on dynasties either, but she does seem to have more on the ball than Turd2. Someone had to inherit the brains. Or maybe Ben was actually the smartest by pursuing a career doing fluff TV, something Selfie might excel at.
At any rate, she actually lives in York-Simcoe riding so it's not a parachute situation.

Billythreefeathers
01-28-2018, 07:01 PM
OK,, the choise is your's

Jabba the Hut, or Caroline

ilikemoose
01-28-2018, 07:11 PM
First Trudeau 2.0.

Now another Mulroney?

It's as if the Laurentian Elites don't even care about faking democracy anymore.

Sinbad
01-28-2018, 07:14 PM
Lets face it anybody's better than the Turd . Trudeau sr absolutely horrible. Sky high interest rates and gave India an open door.

Mulroney gave us free trade, I remember when Canada had good paying factory jobs. Most are gone and Libs are killing off the rest of the stragglers that held out

Free trade was great if you were a Mexican. I won't vote for another dynasty because she educated. Her father sucked and is a major influence in her life and that can't be good. Where would she go for advice? might as well vote her corrupt old man back. Amazes me how short peoples memories are.

How about lets get the best person for the job. Somebody that has a clue what middle class even is. She has never experienced it.

I'm sure she's better than Wynne and Turd but that doesn't take much.

Rory McCanuck
01-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Bush
Clinton
Bush 2.0
Clinton Lite
(almost) Clinton 2.0

Why wouldn't they try it up here?
What have they got to lose?
Even if it's not them that that's the mouthpiece, it's still their cliquey friends that get to push the buttons.

Northshore
01-28-2018, 07:26 PM
I honestly do not know very much at all about Caroline Mulroney. However I still believe she will be coasting through Canadian Politics on here very recognizable last name.

It was said in a post earlier in this thread that she made her own money, that maybe true but being the daughter of a sitting Prime Minister she definitely was pampered and afforded a hell of lot more privileges and opportunity than an average middle class income person would have had. Never mind the class of people she would have grown up with.

I truly hate it to the core when rich and or privileged people get into politics. They always say I will help the little guy, but we all know rich people never ever want the same thing out of society as average people want. This in my opinion is what is so wrong with contemporary western politics it is hardly ever about picking good qualified leaders, it is more about how much of a public celebrity the candidate is.

labradort
01-28-2018, 07:35 PM
I predict for the next while every party will be heavily vetting their candidates to ensure they are METOO proof. As there is no requirement to test the accusations in court, it is too easy to pick off the opponent with someone willing to fake a story because they happened to have the right history and are given some incentive to speak. A woman leader is a simple way to provide that insurance against future earthquakes. It shouldn't be the only factor, but given what we've seen last week in two provinces, it is a big vulnerability to avoid.

Waterloomike
01-28-2018, 08:12 PM
Bush
Clinton
Bush 2.0
Clinton Lite
(almost) Clinton 2.0

Why wouldn't they try it up here?
What have they got to lose?
Even if it's not them that that's the mouthpiece, it's still their cliquey friends that get to push the buttons.

And 2 Roosevelts. We must not forget turd I and turd II.

LB303
01-28-2018, 08:20 PM
Lets face it anybody's better than the Turd . Trudeau sr absolutely horrible. Sky high interest rates and gave India an open door.

Mulroney gave us free trade, I remember when Canada had good paying factory jobs. Most are gone and Libs are killing off the rest of the stragglers that held out

Free trade was great if you were a Mexican. I won't vote for another dynasty because she educated. Her father sucked and is a major influence in her life and that can't be good. Where would she go for advice? might as well vote her corrupt old man back. Amazes me how short peoples memories are.

How about lets get the best person for the job. Somebody that has a clue what middle class even is. She has never experienced it.

Admittedly the bar is very very low right now.
Maybe someone has accurate numbers, but my guess averaged over the last 5 decades of paying varying degrees of attention to politicians, is that 90% of them are lawyers. Which is why such an adversarial, some would say amoral, atmosphere prevails. Be that as it may, it takes some kind of smarts to obtain a law degree. More than say, snowboard instructor.
For the time being, if she succeeds in getting the leadership, I will give her the benefit of the doubt.
She will be under intense scrutiny and any misstep will be magnified.

BTW I remember better economic times too. If you didn't like your job you could just go down the street and get another one the same day.
Turd v.1 owns the stagflation, 20% mortgages, gun control, ballooning debt, poor CF morale, etc etc we needn't relive all that.
Lyin' Brian's GST was a huge kick in the nads for business volume when it came in, NAFTA damage took longer to become apparent but runs deeper, the brutal exchange rate of the 90s led to some lean times for those who had to source supplies in USD. Add a helicopter fiasco here, more gun control there, 'what's a billion' black holes, wide open immigration and debt-fuelled foreign aid for dubious purposes, unchecked growth in bureaucracy for all governments at all levels, and here we are.

Where do we want go from here, and how do we get there, is the question as usual. Certainly in Ontario the approach of the last 14 years hasn't worked.
I'm hoping for a typical Canadian election- we will vote someone out, and the other guy/gal will be in. Horvath is arguably the middle class leader, but her holding the balance of power would be the worst outcome, aside from a Dip majority. The PCs will be the bad guys again, having to clean up the mess left behind by the 'tax and spend more' crowd. Austerity never sells well, so there has to be openness on an unprecedented level if people are to buy into it. And cutbacks that begin in government- public labour unions can all go howl at the moon. Joe Public has been sucking it up all alone for too long.

SIR VEYOR
01-28-2018, 08:41 PM
Bush
Clinton
Bush 2.0
Clinton Lite or (almost) Clinton 2.0
Bush 3.0 (Jeb!) (almost) or (almost) Clinton 2.0
Clinton 2.0 or Clinton Jr

Stephen Colbert had a bit that showed this rotation for the next 50 years or so...

joe6167
01-29-2018, 03:47 AM
And 2 Roosevelts. We must not forget turd I and turd II.

And the Ford Family in Toronto.

shortandlong
01-29-2018, 04:12 AM

Agree totally

Wel if I am one of the “regular suspects” so be it , I am was never a fan of Mulroney and I am sick of all these royal families

Yogi05
01-29-2018, 12:56 PM
Conservatives need to start playing the same game as the sjw/fb crowd and Mulroney may fit that scenario.
Female. Recognizable family.
There are many who would vote for her because of her father like many did for trudeau. So bt it. It's the image they want.
Then find her the cpc version of gerald butts (so to speak) to coach her but in the right direction.
I'm indifferent to her at this point but it's all a chess game and cons need to play it rather than trying to hold the higher ground stand.

FallisCowboy
01-29-2018, 03:01 PM
I do agree, Yogi ^^^. On both the national and provincial levels, our conservative parties need to play the stupid populist game if they ever hope to win. It is a sad commentary that our political system has degenerated to this, but that is our current political reality.

shortandlong
01-29-2018, 03:11 PM
Conservatives need to start playing the same game as the sjw/fb crowd and Mulroney may fit that scenario.
Female. Recognizable family.
There are many who would vote for her because of her father like many did for trudeau. So bt it. It's the image they want.
Then find her the cpc version of gerald butts (so to speak) to coach her but in the right direction.
I'm indifferent to her at this point but it's all a chess game and cons need to play it rather than trying to hold the higher ground stand.

Yeah sure esp if it’s all about winning and nothing to do with principles

Yogi05
01-29-2018, 03:33 PM
It seems principles don't get you far these days.

Win first, apply principles after (if I'm making my point as I intend to).

tdod101
01-29-2018, 03:50 PM
How about a black guy? I mean let's get really progressive here. There's never been a black leader in Canada at the federal or provincial level anywhere in Canada as far as I know. How about a gay black female tranny?

OR....

The most qualified.

shortandlong
01-29-2018, 05:20 PM

Yeah anyone tells you that I am sure also has a nice whimsy bridge to sell! What’s that road to hell paved with again?

Carguy2550
01-29-2018, 07:17 PM

Win first. Principles....what the hell are those.....

TheHydrant
01-29-2018, 07:27 PM
How about a black guy? I mean let's get really progressive here. There's never been a black leader in Canada at the federal or provincial level anywhere in Canada as far as I know. How about a gay black female tranny.

The liberals would see that and raise you
a Muslim with a disability

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Billythreefeathers
01-29-2018, 07:29 PM
How about a black guy? I mean let's get really progressive here. There's never been a black leader in Canada at the federal or provincial level anywhere in Canada as far as I know. How about a gay black female tranny?

OR....

The most qualified.

how about a street smart native boy,, imagine their suprise

Doug_M
01-30-2018, 06:23 AM
How about a black guy?

I think I've found a winner!
https://nowtoronto.com/downloads/77054/download/Black-Lives-Matter-Pride.jpg