PDA

View Full Version : Shutting down the backcountry

Joshua13
08-04-2017, 03:34 PM
What legal rights do police officers have to say I'm not allowed to go in the forest. They say it's because of a high fire hazard but I don't think they really have the right to kick me out of Crown Land

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk

Dstorm
08-04-2017, 03:40 PM
What legal rights do police officers have to say I'm not allowed to go in the forest. They say it's because of a high fire hazard but I don't think they really have the right to kick me out of Crown Land

Sent from my E6560T using TapatalkWhat where you doing?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Zinilin
08-04-2017, 03:45 PM
What where you doing?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just booting about in an ATV.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/29/article-0-1B83791F000005DC-809_638x448.jpg

kennymo
08-04-2017, 03:54 PM
They usually ban everything with a motor here when there's high fire risk in an area. I know they hand out fines for those who don't listen well...

Joshua13
08-04-2017, 04:37 PM
I wasn't kicked out yet, but they just announced you can't go to the forest...I fail to see how they can say that...

weasel
08-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Tell them that, and do as you please...

Shouldn't be a problem... ;)

JustBen
08-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Tell them that, and do as you please...

Shouldn't be a problem... ;)

Oh this should be good....

Yeah, the government is well within their right to prohibit access to the bush in the interest of public safety. It's temporary and in this case I agree. It's so dry out there. Don't even fart in the forest.

tigrr
08-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Well Josh the thing is people don't believe the fire bans apply to them. So they go camping and have a bonfire and it gets away on them because its so dry. 6 fires out of 8, in the last 24 hours are from people. The bush is dry. There is probably 250000 hectares burnt or burning in BC right now. All logging is shut down now. Maybe if you had a bladder tank and fire pump behind the truck they might let you go out in the bush.
Yesterday in Horsefly.
https://s19.postimg.org/fjgeb68gz/IMG_0251.jpg

RobertMcC
08-04-2017, 05:53 PM
I wasn't kicked out yet, but they just announced you can't go to the forest...I fail to see how they can say that...

Well lets see. People smoke and people throw out cigarette butts. Engines are hot and can cause fires.

Nobody in the woods, less chances of them having to rescue your dumb ass because you failed to listen.

Joshua13
08-04-2017, 05:56 PM
My dumb ass? I'm not the one smoking and parking my Jeep on dry grass and furthermore I understand there are stupid people but to say that the parks and rec sites are shut down and I can't go fishing is a little too much for me.

Dewey Cox
08-04-2017, 05:57 PM
The crown decides what happens on crown land.
What's the puzzle?

coastal
08-04-2017, 05:57 PM
After fearing losing my house, watching my neighbor lose theirs, and seeing everyone else suffer and fight... I am using my common sense and leaving motorized vehicles in the shipping container. Not sure why it's so hard for the general population. I guess that's why I generally don't like people.

Forbes/Hutton
08-04-2017, 05:59 PM
My dumb ass? I'm not the one smoking and parking my Jeep on dry grass and furthermore I understand there are stupid people but to say that the parks and rec sites are shut down and I can't go fishing is a little too much for me.

Tell them your native and if they stop you they have to had over a cheque for 10.5 million.

ilikemoose
08-04-2017, 06:04 PM
If I understand the news correctly, dirt bikes and quads are banned, in three regions.

Vehicles like 4x4s have to stay on roads.

Hiking, cycling, horses are OK.

You can probably still fish.

RangeBob
08-04-2017, 06:07 PM
reminds me of that scene from "National Treasure Book Of Secrets (2007)"

On the river outside where POTUS is having a gathering. Patrick Gates (father, Jon Voight) is in a fishing boat, and a large double decker police motorboat with four police officers motors on up to him with a search light.

Boat Patrolman: Are you aware that you are in a restricted area?

Patrick Gates: Yeah, but this is where the fish are, son.

Boat Patrolman: That may be, but I'm gonna need to have you move upriver.

Patrick Gates: Are you aware that according to article one, section of the Maryland constitution, I'm allowed to fish in public water?

Boat Patrolman: Are you aware I have the right to detain you for the next 48 hours without cause?

Patrick Gates: I am going to go back where I came from just as fast as possible.

MbWolf
08-04-2017, 06:41 PM

It's not the "police officers" who make that decision...and your answer is right in your question.

wolver
08-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Best do what the police officer says. They know what's best for you.

Swampdonkey
08-05-2017, 12:08 AM
Write yourself a Status Card and roam your traditional territory at will.

Suputin
08-05-2017, 07:14 PM

They didn't say you couldn't go into the forest. They just said you couldn't take an OHV into the forest. REALLY BIG DIFFERENCE between the two.

Gunexpert007
08-05-2017, 08:05 PM
If there is a travel ban on Crown Land ; then that means you cannot go on Crown Land via a directive by the Govt. who controls the land in question . Govt. land , Govt. rules .

Swampdonkey
08-05-2017, 10:49 PM
If there is a travel ban on Crown Land ; then that means you cannot go on Crown Land via a directive by the Govt. who controls the land in question . Govt. land , Govt. rules .

Govt ass to kick!