PDA

View Full Version : NEA102/BCL102 Update, Aug 9th

SFRC
08-09-2017, 06:29 AM
NEA/Black Creek Labs will be making an announcement shortly and I'll post it on here when they do.

The short version is that NEA will now be operating as Black Creek Laboratories (BCL). They have purchased a few of their suppliers, bought another company and changed a few things. With this they have renamed the company. I assume it's because they don't just make parts firearms now.

We will be shipping the NEA102/BCL102's starting tomorrow afternoon. If you selected store pickup we will call you as your rifle arrives here. By the end of the week we expect to have most of the black rifles out and hopefully some of the OD and FDE ones.

The 102's that are shipping this week will be stamped Black Creek Labs.

Galt3gunner
08-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Interesting development....explains a few things.

Mark-II
08-09-2017, 07:29 AM
What are they making that isn't gun related?

waiting for the long version..

Dewey Cox
08-09-2017, 07:33 AM
I've wanted an NEA 102 very badly for quite a while now.
And now I'll never have a chance to get one.

awndray
08-09-2017, 08:13 AM
What are they making that isn't gun related?

https://blackcreeklabs.com/

Mark-II
08-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Shows a pretty thin selection of rifles. Are they going to have fewer models/options available on the commercial side now?

The web copy seems more geared towards the Professional client

awndray
08-09-2017, 09:58 AM
The official announcement hasn't been made yet. Give it time. The Northeastern Arms website is still up. I'm sure there's still a lot of work to do.

North Eastern Arms
08-10-2017, 05:47 AM
PRESS RELEASE

Black creek Labs Acquires North Eastern Arms.

August 10, 2017

Black Creek Labs, a boutique Canadian Defense contractor acquires North Eastern Arms and one of NEA’s key Machining suppliers. The transaction brings together a team of industry leaders in the field of research, development and the manufacturing of military grade firearms and defense products. Now operating under the oversight of a distinguished board and an experienced management team, the combination of these companies will enable a significant expansion in modern machining techniques and new and innovative defense products.

As a result of the acquisition, firearms manufacturer, North Eastern Arms, has dramatically increased the resources allocated to research and development, which is already evident with the opening of a new headquarters and testing facility and multiple new products featuring some first-to-market innovations. NEA founder, Jeff Hussey said, “This group of people share our dedication to continuous improvement and the result so far has been outstanding. Our new modernized manufacturing processes and additional resources have allowed us to develop several new generation products which will be released at industry leading competitive prices.”

Black Creek Labs will be focused on equipping today’s law enforcement officer and the modern war fighter through new collaborations, expanded R&D and innovative new product design. Our dedication to creating more reliable, lighter and more accurate assault rifles has also directly translated to new features dedicated to the Canadian Commercial Market.

Black Creek Labs expects to be announcing new commercial product lines in early 2018 at IWA Outdoor Classics in Germany.