PDA

View Full Version : Natives just blocked Argyle St. in Caledonia - again.

Battle Beaver
08-10-2017, 01:22 PM
New native blockade in Caledonia (a mere 300 meters from where I live).

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2017/08/10/protesters-set-up-blockade-on-argyle-street-in-caledonia

Zinilin
08-10-2017, 01:31 PM
New native blockade in Caledonia (a mere 300 meters from where I live).

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2017/08/10/protesters-set-up-blockade-on-argyle-street-in-caledonia

Actually, it looks like the Police are blocking the road and not letting Canadians use the roads Canadians paid for on the land Canadians own.

Why do the descendants of the third wave of Asian immigration to North America get a pass?
Is it because they exterminated the Clovis People (the second wave of Asian immigration to North America)?

killer kane
08-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Haven't the opp been in cahoots with the criminal tresspassers all along? Keeping the peace, suuuure.

Swampdonkey
08-10-2017, 03:36 PM
An unjust government is an illegitimate government.

Waterloomike
08-10-2017, 03:39 PM
An unjust government is an illegitimate government.

i.e., corrupt government similar to a mafia with elections. But more greedy with greater need for control over it's most productive subjects.

Forbes/Hutton
08-10-2017, 05:13 PM
The Six Nations were Canada's first refugees. They were all based in the US, but after 1776 they were granted land in Upper Canada as they had been loyal to the crown a fought against the revolutionaries.
I'm guessing they feel ripped off compared to the treatment the refugees are getting 240 years later. Seems only fair that we find some land in the middle of nowhere and dropped all the Syrians and Haitians there.

Weekend Gunslingers
08-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Seems only fair that we find some land in the middle of nowhere and dropped all the Syrians and Haitians there.

There is a patch of land between Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq that would work

Plinker 777
08-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Two row? From the press release it sounds like the protesters are taking grievance with their own Haudenosaunee governance? They're protesting the fact that 'our' government is recognizing and doing business with 'their' government, and calling for a recognition of our mutual covenant chain? "Our" government recognizing and doing business with "their government" IS the two row covenant! Internal politics spilling onto our streets...I say remove them.
If our government and lawyers had been following the path they always have of putting the screws to the First Nations, I might be out there protesting with them. This doesn't appear to be one of those situations.

*edit* added the "two row" for those who aren't aware of what they're on about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Row_Wampum_Treaty

Plinker 777
08-10-2017, 05:33 PM
The Six Nations were Canada's first United Empire Loyalists. They were all based in the US, but after 1776 they were granted land in Upper Canada as they had been loyal to the crown a fought against the revolutionaries.
I'm guessing they feel ripped off compared to the treatment the refugees are getting 240 years later. Seems only fair that we find some land in the middle of nowhere and dropped all the Syrians and Haitians there.

Fixed it for you.

FALover
08-10-2017, 06:23 PM
WTF?! Not happy with selling reserve smokes and their electricity rate rebates?

Plinker 777
08-10-2017, 07:16 PM
WTF?! Not happy with selling reserve smokes and their electricity rate rebates?

Sounds more like they're not happy with their cut? Not our problem imho. There's a secondary thing with a friend of theirs being removed from her reservation allotment...also, none of our business.

blacksmithden
08-11-2017, 12:26 AM
This is a good thing. Too many people forgot about the Great Caledonia Dalton McGuinty liberal/OPP chicken out fest. A year before an election might be good timing.