PDA

View Full Version : The New Yorker: Steve Bannon and GERALD BUTTS have become friends.

soulchaser
08-15-2017, 10:02 PM
https://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/firing-steve-bannon-wont-change-donald-trump/amp

Long article. Here's the relevant part:

"Bannonís big populist idea for the fall concerns taxes. Bannon has been deeply concerned that the health-care bill and most G.O.P. proposals on tax reform, including Trumpís official plan, would represent a huge tax cut for the wealthiest Americans. One idea he has floated inside the White House is creating a new, higher tax rate, perhaps for income over a million dollars. He believes that the secret to sell it is to convince the President that raising taxes is a political winner. Bannon has become friends with Gerald Butts, a longtime political adviser to the Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau. They met in New York during the transition and now talk regularly. Bannon sees Butts as a sort of left-wing version of himself. Last year, as the Prime Ministerís popularity was in decline, Trudeau pushed through a tax hike on the rich, and it helped him rebound."

soulchaser
08-15-2017, 10:06 PM
So how many Canadian media outlets are going to report that Trudeau's puppet master Gerry Butts is friends with Steve Bannon, the guy they are calling the father of the Alt-Right movement and blaming this Nazi, White Supremacist resurgence on?

That's right. None.

killer kane
08-15-2017, 10:55 PM
OMG!!!!!! We're done, North America is soon to be dead.

Carguy2550
08-16-2017, 12:57 AM
I suspect Bannon will find himself unemployed by the end of the week. With General Kelly as Chief of Staff he won't last long. Now only if Butts-wipe could meet the same fate.

firemachine69
08-16-2017, 03:46 AM
I suspect Bannon will find himself unemployed by the end of the week. With General Kelly as Chief of Staff he won't last long. Now only if Butts-wipe could meet the same fate.

As much as I hate Butts, I'm terrified of someone like Freeland in charge of the economics portfolio.

If Bannon goes, that's the end-of-the-line for the swamp draining that Trump promised. The MIC must be rejoicing. He's truly one of the last folks who understood that a reboot was needed in the USA. Now that Trump has surrounded himself with Generals, it's basically a given that war (both civil and foreign) will result. His alt-right base will completely abandon him, making him a one-trick pony.

Doug_M
08-16-2017, 05:33 AM
Bannon and what/who he brought to the polling stations last year is a yuge part of how Trump won. If Bannon is fired 2018 and 2020 won't go so well for the Republicans. I think Trump knows this. Hopeful anyway.