PDA

View Full Version : IPSC World Ellection

arancio
08-16-2017, 09:58 AM

The following mail was sent to all Regional Directors by Alain Joly, copied to the President and Executive Council. File attached has e-mail correspondence as well.

If this is true, it is very disturbing. Not just the fact that it happened, but that IPSC kept the details from everyone. I for one would like an official response from IPSC regarding this.

"Vince Pinto for IPSC President?

Vince Pinto was removed from the office of IPSC Secretary and member of the Executive Council for his unpardonable and unconstitutional behavior in 2014. Now, we are shocked having him as a candidate for even more than Secretary (that he already failed). He wants the office of the President of IPSC!

When we received the information about his wrongdoings in 2014, we took the necessary steps and decided that this behavior is totally unacceptable for an IPSC Secretary, so he was removed and replaced.

Now is time for you dear Regional Directors to vote for a new President and to be informed before the vote.

When is it better to take a decision, before or after you are informed?

What do you know about Vince Pinto ?

Please find here in the first document a brief information about Vince Pinto that maybe you don't know, with dates, facts and people that you know - (for those who want more, they can find all the details in the second informational document.)

Overview Of the Cases:
Case 1: Victor Wong (PNG) Year 2007
Case 2: Thomas Bovet (CAM) Year 2008
Case 3: Myro Lopez
Case 4: Charles Hardy (CED Owner) Year 2013
Case 5: Paul Chu (RedWolf) Year 2013
Case 6: Removal from Secretary 2014

Case 7: Florida World Shoot

Case 8: Sarath De Zoysa (SRI) 2015/2017
Case 9: Ben Yam (HKG) letter 2017

Cases 1, 2 and 3: Betraying partner and friends

We don´t know all about Vince Pinto´s business practices but we know how he misused the trust partners and friends had into him. He used a simple trick to lure them into a financial disaster for each of them. He borrowed money from them always saying it is a 100% safe deal without any risk. With the first two cases, Mr. Wong and Mr. Bovet did not fully realize that by transferring the money to the account of a “Limited” company they would lose their money if the limited company goes bankrupt. Also checks from this company would be worthless in this case. Pinto who got the money of course because he was trusted as a person never signed a personal guarantee. So, when his companies Selpro and Selpro Tactical failed to pay, the people who have trusted him lost their money. And what will Pinto say about the cases: He won the court cases! That is right but absolutely shabby.

Cases 4 and 5: Stealing money from sponsors
Very shocking are the stories about the stealing of the money from IPSC sponsors. The idea to have the IPSC sponsors transferring money to his personal account shows everything. I have been responsible for the IPSC sponsor program since 2009 and I never received a single $ to one of my private accounts. Can anyone imagine an IPSC President Vince Pinto with all his influence and power in the Confederation with his past of corruption?

Case 6: Embezzling money from an IPSC Region
But he did not just steal money from sponsors. He did it also from an IPSC region.

In 2013 the New Zealand region gave Vince Pinto (who was the Secretary of IPSC at the time) money that was destined for the Confederation. He claimed he didn´t receive any of this money! When it became clear that Vince Pinto had embezzled the money from the New Zealand Region the IPSC Executive Council decided enough is enough.

In February 2014 by unanimous vote of the members of the Executive Council consisting of Alain Joly as Secretary General, Dino Evangelinos IROA President, Juergen Tegge IROA Vice President, Ren Henderson Treasurer, including the vote of Nick Alexakos IPSC President, Vince Pinto was fired from the Executive Council where he had been a member as Secretary for a number years to avoid further embarrassment for IPSC.

He was replaced by Dimitrios Tzimas who was appointed by the President as the new Secretary of IPSC and member of the Executive Council.

IPSC President Nick Alexakos was extremly angry with Vince Pinto because he had lied to him directly and he didn’t want him anymore in the Executive Council. Nevertheless, the President didn’t want to leave him homeless and jobless and he went on to keep him as an Executive Director, so that he would still get his IPSC salary he was getting so far. He told him that he would have his IPSC salary for six more months to find a job. Those six months went by and Pinto came crying for help because he couldn´t find any job so the President decided using his privilege over the Executive Council to continue to employ him as Executive Director, a position outside of the Executive Council.

This underlines Vince Pinto´s total financial dependency on IPSC money. Over the last five years he got roughly US $ 230 000 from IPSC. He never told this to the community in his private forum Global Village that basically he is an employee of IPSC and this is his sole source of income.

Case 7 and 8: He just cannot stop committing scams

If you consider the circumstances he is in since 2014, one would assume Vince Pinto would be careful not to go on with his scams, at least within the IPSC community. Nothing can be further away from the truth. He just couldn´t stop to cheat other people.

At the IPSC World Shoot in Florida, he was working in the registration office and cashed in $1000 from a competitor. Instead of giving the money to the Match Organizer where it belonged to, he put it in his own pocket and kept silent about it. Just by accident it was disclosed and only by a furious intervention by the IPSC President he did give the money back to the organizer.

The next case is one of many. He got prepaid and did not deliver the goods. In this case with the RD from Sri Lanka. See the mails from Sarath De Zoysa.

Just think about it, Vince Pinto got quite some money from IPSC. Why then he even up to 2017 refused to repay just a debt of $ 1400s to a Regional Director? This is outright incredible.

Case 9: An email that says it all!

This mail comes from a bona fide resident of Hong Kong once a very powerful member in IPSC Hong Kong. No comment is necessary.

The Conclusion is yours.

When it was our turn we simply removed him from the Executive Council and the position of Secretary to avoid any further damage for IPSC.

It is our duty and responsibility to share with you this information before the General Assembly takes place and this information explains why nobody from the previous Executive Council accepted any of his offers to cooperate with him for his candidacy.

DVC
Alain Joly"

arancio
08-16-2017, 10:01 AM
Vince Pinto for IPSC President ?

Part 2

WOULD YOU TRUST VINCE PINTO TO BE THE PRESIDENT OF IPSC?

Vince Pinto is running for IPSC President. Over the years, he has created for himself the fake image of

the man running things for IPSC, mainly because he was trying to get involved in every IPSC function,

even if it was out of his authority or relevant to his position in IPSC, or even if it was simply out of his

league. He did that, disrespecting and mistreating the whole Executive Council and abusing his position

in IPSC.

I won't say anything from myself, I won't make any comments other than necessary. I will let the emails

we have received to speak for themselves. They document the cases more than sufficiently.

Case 1: Victor Wong (PNG) Year 2007

He asked for a loan for his business conducted at that time under his company “SELPRO LTD.”. The

discussion was over a dinner. The agreement was never honored and he did not return the money.

When Mr. Wong sued him, he took shelter behind his company, claiming that the money was given as a

loan to Selpro Ltd., not himself personally, and refused to honor his debt. The company had already

gone bankrupt and was under liquidation, so the money was never paid back.

See Court Case here:

https://www.hongkong...to-and-another/

Point 13 has a very interesting remark by the judge who seems to have understood the elaborate

scheme. The money given to Selpro Ltd. which was by the judge's decision the actual debtor to Victor

Wong, were used by Vince Pinto to pay an old debt of a Palomino freight forwarding company

(Palomino Investment Limited) for which debt VP was a guarantor, as well to fund a cheque that VP had

issued before and he had forgotten about.

Selpro Ltd. was owned by VP as a minority shareholder and the rest of the shares were owned by

Palomino Investment Limited.

However, Palomino Investment Limited was owned by VP as majority shareholder (51%) and the rest

was owned by his wife.

So, in other words, the money given to Selpro Ltd. were used for covering debts that VP had under a

personal liability, being a guarantor and having to pay a cheque he had issued, whereas the debt of

Selpro Ltd. towards Mr. Wong wouldn't affect him personally. He was covered for any personal liability

behind his Selpro Ltd. company that dealt with Mr. Wong, who, apparently didn't make any distinction

between the person he was talking with and his company that he cunningly put in front as a shield

afterwards, to avoid payment.

It is maybe legal under Hong Kong laws and the judge had no other option, but definitely not moral.

The same thoughts seem to express the judge, when he remarks in his decision at Point 19: "Alas,

even seasoned fighters may unwittingly let their guard down".

Case 2: Thomas Bovet (CAM) Year 2008

Again, he asked for a loan in a friendly and informal manner from Mr. Bovet, for a deal he had with the

Hong Kong Police. At that time he was operating under the other company “Selpro Tactical Ltd.”. Similar

name, same owner, same business. Not hard to understand that it was another shield for him. The

money was not returned, and when Mr. Bovet sued him, he took shelter behind his company, claiming

that the money was given as a loan to Selpro Tactical Ltd., not himself personally, and refused to honor

his debt. The company was not financially in good status, so the money was never paid back.

And this was not the only adventure Mr. Bovet, currently RD for Cambodia, was caught into, because of

Vince Pinto.

In his own words:

"I was shocked to learn that Vince Pinto is standing for president of the IPSC.

As a Hong Kong resident since 1975 I know Pinto well for nearly a quarter of a century.

Initially, I considered him a good friend, intelligent and entertaining. Since he used his charm and

rhetoric to cheat me out of my savings in 2008 I consider him a cunning and conniving financial

predator, who uses his position of trust in the IPSC to defraud members, friend, officials and suppliers in

cold blood.

In my case, if there is any doubt, you may refer to the court-document "Thomas Bovet vs. SELPRO" on

the internet. Pinto bankrupted his company failing to pay his staff and suppliers and never took

responsibility for the financial loose-ends. After cheating me out of nearly USD 30.000 he disappeared in

the remote squatter areas of Hong Kong. Knowing well, that his predated company-cheque would

protect him against personal claims, he defending himself successfully against my demands for

repayment.

He also did not deliver a prepaid order to the Cambodia and kept the forwarded money. It were

desperate days, nobody within the IPSC would help me. Around that time was an IPSC event in Jakarta

and I faxed a complaint letter and proof to the IPSC hotel for the attention of the executive council. No

response. After everything failed and I moved to Cambodia I threw away those documents and bad

memories. I tried to forget this nightmare which I lived through with my family and those who trusted

me in Cambodia. My best friend, Gen. Nun Nin, assistant to the Commander of the VIP protection unit

got nearly court-martialed, so I repaid all monies for those undelivered guns back to the Cambodian

military using my family's money.

A lot of letters, documents, court papers and police reports were exchanged and it is too long ago to

compose a factually detailed account of those events today from memory. I don't just want this to be

another rant, especially if it is for the eyes of a wider audience of my peers. So, everyone who is

interested will read the court documents, at least the first part, which clearly shows the same pattern of

Pinto's fraudulent schemes. If you vote for Pinto as your president you are making the wolf a shepherd!

Thank you for your attention,

DVC,

Thomas"

See Court Case here:

https://www.hongkong...t-leslie-pinto/

Point 40 of the decision says it all: "This is an unfortunate case of a breakdown of trust and confidence

between friends.".

Just from the similar pattern of the two cases, one can understand that there is a well prepared plan

for getting the money from a friend who would trust him, without the intention to pay back.

What is typically legal,is not necessarily ethical and he seems to have exploited all possibilities.

Case 3: Myro Lopez

Mail from Myro recently

Dear Alain,

Bonjour mon ami! Thank you for updating me on what is going on with the IPSC elections.

When you advised me about telling my "Pinto horror story”, I was initially hesitant for fear of a

violent reprisal from Vince. I just didn’t need the added stress in my life. But after some

thought, I realized people should know the person they are voting for. And really, he can call

me whatever he wants and I don’t care anymore. After all, this is not about me and it is not

I running for IPSC President. So I now break my silence! Feel free to share this with anybody,

most especially the RDs.

You, the Executive Council and many others are aware that for a significant period of time, I

considered Pinto my big brother and best pal in IPSC. This started around the years leading up

to the Cebu World Shoot in 1999. When I was appointed as Secretary of PPSA, I looked to Vince

for help in doing my job better. I credit him for exposing me to the international side of IPSC.

Between 2000 and 2008, we would travel to General Assemblies and IPSC events together. No

doubt, I knew Vince Pinto well and once considered him a trusted friend. So for me to express

my thoughts below is saying a LOT about his character, or lack thereof.

Around 2006, Vince asked me to help finance the tenders that his then company, Selpro

Tactical, had won with the HK Police. This was inspite of my full knowledge that he already had

previous problems with the likes of Victor Wong (from PNG) and Tom Bovet (CAM). I remember

that those cases were ongoing or about to go to court.

At that point, I came into a modest inheritance following my mother’s passing in 2005. The deal

was that Vince would return the full capital loaned plus a share in the profit. More than the

money, I wanted to reciprocate the favours we had exchanged over the years. I believed then

that this was my way of helping him get over a rough spot in his personal and business finances.

I also believed he valued our friendship enough that he wouldn’t screw me over. Boy, was I ever

wrong in thinking that! I forget the exact amount he owes me at this point, but it was certainly

well over 90.000 US dollars.

Initially, the transactions went thru with no problem but by 2007 he had trouble repaying the

loan and gave excuses to account for the delay. At one instance, he said he received payment

from the HK Police but the bank had called in his overdraft so he was unable to even partially

pay me. I already sensed that trouble was brewing and intended to demand that he honor our

deal. Despite my polite requests for repayment, nothing happened. Some years ago, I even

looked into initiating legal action in HK to recover my money but realized that even if I won the

case, it would amount to nothing as the man has no assets to speak of. I can only hope that

karma will come knocking on his door someday.

Things came to a reckoning during AA3G in 2009. Pinto imported his personal firearms from

from HK and sold them to willing buyers. This as you know is illegal! This, along with other

issues already in the back burner started a row between us, which quickly grew to outright

hostility. He has since accused me of being a “pathological liar” (among other things) to cover

up for his own screw-ups as RM of AA3G. This is classic Pinto! I could no longer deny that this

was one man who I should have never trusted. I’d call him an asshole, but I know assholes who

would be offended by the comparison.

I've seen Pinto in the past avoid his responsibilities by turning hostile towards the person he

owes money to. He has a God given talent for malevolent manipulation to weasel his way out of

his obligation. It seems he has used the same modus on me and a lot of other guys, in and out

of IPSC.

Nick once confided to me that he has bailed out Pinto from similar situations when such came

to negatively affect the image of IPSC….as is the case with Fritz. I have also been told that serial

cases of financial wrongdoing by Pinto is the true reason for his removal as IPSC Secretary. Just

last year, I learned he also screwed Sarath de Zoysa of Sri Lanka. Really… how can somebody

like this be trusted with the highest office of IPSC?????

Pinto may seem to many in AA as the guy-in-charge of IPSC…but I urge everyone to look closely

and you may come to the same conclusion as many are now realizing. His businesses (Pinto

Pacific, Palomino, Selpro and Selpro Tactical) all failed from many years back. As such, he is able

to devote himself to IPSC because there is nothing else! Dedication, skill and competence can

be learned but character cannot.

It is clear that he manages to survive by using his position in IPSC to not only cheat and defraud

the community but to also personally gain from it. The fact that he received a 10% commission

of the proceeds from the IPSC Patron Program (a fact that he is proud of for putting the

finances of IPSC in the black) is an example of how he lives off IPSC.

I was once part of the President’s Council so I have seen up close how IPSC works. Beyond

competence and expertise, it takes an unblemished character to be a good IPSC President, or

any leader for that matter. That is clearly something Pinto sorely lacks. So if he wins as IPSC

President, he would have royally screwed us all.

I trust you will do what you can to ensure a bright future for IPSC.

Myro

Case 4: Charles Hardy (CED Owner) Year 2013

Vince Pinto contacted him and asked him if he would like to be the main sponsor for the Action Air

World Shoot in Hong Kong, supposedly scheduled for 2014, just after the HGWS in Florida, USA. Here, he

used IPSC as a bait. Mr. Hardy has been a long time supporter and sponsor for IPSC competitions. Vince

Pinto promised that he would keep the money as a trustee, but he needed to have them immediately,

because he wanted to exclude other potential match sponsors. In other words, he presented it as a

favor and privileged treatment to Mr. Hardy. At that time, no General Assembly decision had been taken

for an Action Air World Shoot, anywhere in the world, let alone Hong Kong.

It was only when Mr. Hardy asked for his money back contacting the IPSC Sponsorship Director Mr. Alain

Joly, that this story was revealed. Vince Pinto excused himself saying that he had not the money,

regardless of the fact that he had promised to keep as trustee, but they were given to the China RD at

that time for developing a range to bid for the Action Air World Shoot!

Moreover, Mr. Cheever Li , the China RD was nowhere to be found, and, later on, Vince Pinto informed

the Executive Council that he had passed away, so the money could not be retrieved! However, out of

fear not to be exposed, it appears that he turned back a portion of the total HK$ 15.000 that he had

received.

See Charle's Hardy email to Alain Joly:

Alain,

Thank you for sending me this email from Vince and his comments. I hate politics and have ALWAYS

tried my best to avoid them and to simply be honest, straight forward and supportive. I was also a

FRIEND of Vince for 20+ years, so for him to paint such a tainted picture of me now in order to try and

cover his ass for the fraud & theft he has done simply shows me more clearly how unscrupulous he

is. Vince has taken money from so many people over the past twenty years, I can not keep

count. However, he had never taken funds from me before this issue. The funds were SPECIFICALLY for

the first IPSC Airsoft World Championship to be held in HONG KONG and he approached CED to be the

major match sponsor in exchange for HK$15,000 in cash and $15,000 in product. Vince also approached

Paul Chu of Red Wolf and he took HK$5,000 deposit from Paul as well. You can verify this from MR. Chu

himself. He is one of the most honest, distinguished and professional businessman in the Hong Kong

community. By the way, Paul Chu of Red Wolf has not ever been paid back either. I just had a

conversation with him last week and he verified this to me. In fact, he is so upset over it based on

principle alone, he told me that he would file criminal charges against Vince in Hong Kong to secure the

return of the funds if Vince continued to lie about it. This was prompted by feedback Paul had received

in conversations on the upcoming Airsoft Championship to be held in HK soon. We both have been

approached for sponsorship and heard that Vince had given the Regional Director misleading

information.

Further to him, I was told by Mr. Kevin Chau, of Supreme that Vince also took funds from his company

for this same sponsorship and Kevin informed me that he knew several others who had the same

happen to them. Therefore, there is a trail of deceit on Vince's part and I am sure he will get swallowed

up in his lies.

Vince did eventually refund me part of the funds as he said. That was true, but the reason why is most

likely due to me threatening him that I would bring this to the IPSC Executive Committee since he

initially approached us under the IPSC venue and authorization. We later determined that IPSC was not

involved in it at all.

Alain, I have given you copies of all the email communication Vince and I had in regard to this issue and

it is CLEAR in his words what he did. There is no whining on my part at all. This is a small amount to

me. But I always believe that honesty, respect, and principles of doing proper business should be our

goals in life and on principle alone, what Vince did was blatantly wrong and he should make it right. He

should have been honest and forth coming about his need to funds to sustain his personal life and to

cover his debts. I am sure that is where the funds went. Had he asked me for help, I would have given it

to him. But to deceive so many of us in the business community in Hong Kong and then lie about so

blatantly is wrong and personally I do not feel such a person should be running IPSC going forward.

The following is the first email Vince sent me in Oct. 2014 in regard to this sponsorship, It is CLEAR on

supporting the details I have stated above. I have also added my reply to him which is dated

clearly. You can also see clearly that he states the group organizing this is local Hong Kong. He also

states he is taking the funds personally as a TRUSTEE. There is NO MENTION of any China involvement

whatsoever.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Oct. 14, 2013

Hi Chuck,

I don’t know if you’re aware, but we’re planning the first IPSC Action Air World Shoot in Hong Kong in

November next year, right after the regular WS in Florida. It will be 30 stages like a regular WS, and it

will be fully staffed and managed like a regular WS. I’m overseeing everything!

We expect at least 500 competitors, mostly from around Asia, but there will be some from Europe and

the Americas.

The local Action Air guys have been actively signing up sponsors (something I hate doing!), and I

discovered at our meeting yesterday that they’ve been talking with Red Wolf to become Overall Match

Sponsor. Frankly though, I don’t want them at anything higher than Area Sponsor, so I told the guys I

would approach you.

The total cost is HK$30,000 based on 50% cash and 50% product. This is dirt cheap compared to a

regular WS. Are you interested? If you sign up, we will not accept sponsorship from any other company

selling timers or chrono.

If you want in, all I need is an email confirmation and the cash portion, both as quickly as possible. The

product can wait until match time.

Please let me know ASAP.

Cheers,

Vince

Sent: Monday, 14 October, 2013 18:55

To: Vince Pinto

Subject: Re: Action Air World Shoot

Vince,

OK! I personally have no problems with Red Wolf as they are a good bunch of guys, but I am open to

doing this. I can follow up with you this week as I am here in HK now.

Chuck

Oct. 15, 2013

Hi Chuck,

Excellent! You’ve been around with us forever, so I want you to have top billing. We’re not very happy

with Red Wolf as they’re stupidly trying to compete against IPSC in Europe with that moron Clarence Lai.

Anyway, I want to lock this down right away. Please transfer or deposit the HK$15k into my personal

account as trustee, so that I can honestly tell the others that you’ve already paid.

Bank of China

A/C Number 012-618-00035924

Pinto, Vincent Leslie

I’m going to inspect the brand new outdoor range site tomorrow, where we can run 30 stages

simultaneously!

How long are you in town? We should catch up for a drink ........ next week?

Cheers,

Vince

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Alain - I have many more emails to and from Vince which simply give more support to every word I have

stated. I am sure that others can verify and support the same in regard to their sponsorship funds which

were transferred to Vince. I honestly do not understand how he can say what he is saying with a

straight face or expect any of us to accept it as truthful? I know Paul Chu can give you similar

information and I would think that Kevin Chau of Supreme would do so as well. Some of the businesses

fear Vince in Hong Kong as he has had so much power and control over IPSC related issues for decades

now. He has had his tentacles and hands in so many matches in many Asian countries and many fear

that if they say something, that he will come after them in retribution on some level. They have stated

this to me personally, so I know this is a true comment. But Paul Chu and possible Kevin Chau are both

strong enough not to be intimidated by Vince.

I hope my response here to the comments Vince has made toward me personally and in regard to this

issue clears up any misleading lies he is making. If I can be of further service, please do not hesitate to

contact me. I am in the USA until World Shoot, but do get my emails daily.

Respectfully,

Charles Hardy

See Vince Pinto's reaction when Alain Joly contacted him when found out about this debt:

De: "Vince Pinto" <vincepinto@gmail.com>

Objet: Rép : Debt

Date: 24 janvier 2016 à 14:51:19 UTC+1

À: "Joly Alain" <ajolyipsc@gmail.com>

Cc: "Alexakos Nick" <ntalexakos@gmail.com>, "Dimitris Tzimas" <dntzimas@gmail.com>, "HENDERSON

REN" <ljhender@hendersonpartnersllp.ca>, "Dino Evangelinos" <dino.evangelinos@gmail.com>, Tegge

Jürgen <tegge@ipsc.de>

Dear Alain,

Why did you copy this message to the entire Executive Council instead of firstly asking me about this

privately?

In any case, Chuck Hardy has always been a whining trouble-maker who plays all sides against the

middle. You obviously don’t know how he has described you (and Nick) in the past. He is no friend of

IPSC.

As I explained to Hardy at the time, the Regional Director of IPSC China, Cheever Li, wanted to raise

funds to develop a range in order to bid for the first Action Air World Shoot. He asked for my assistance,

and I agreed to help.

I asked Hardy if he was willing to contribute on the understanding he would be the only timer sponsor.

In retrospect, I should have referred the matter to you, but I went ahead because Action Air matches

operate on a tiny budget. For example, a typical match fee is only US$50 per competitor for 16 stages.

Some months later, after the funds had been passed to Cheever Li, he suddenly could not be located.

He did not respond to my numerous calls or emails. I did find out until months later that he was

terminally ill in hospital. He died in May 2015. Since then, I have been trying to trace the funds and

obtain a refund but, so far, my attempts have been unsuccessful.

However, as a sign of good faith, I returned US$1,000 to Hardy out of my own pocket, and I’m working

on the balance.

Regards,

Vince

Sent: 24 January, 2016 20:15

To: Pinto Vince

Cc: Alexakos Nick ; Dimitris Tzimas ; HENDERSON REN ; Dino Evangelinos ; Tegge Jürgen

Subject: Debt

Dear Vince,

During the Shot Show, one more time, I’ve been advised by Charles Hardy that you, apparently still owe

to him and Mr Chu from Redwolf together around US$2,000 concerning an hypothetic AA WS. Mr Hardy

don’t understand why since all this time you didn’t sent the money back contrary to what you promised.

If this is the truth it’s a very bad reputation for the image of the IPSC body.

Can you please advise !

Thanks

Alain

Apparently here is distorting the facts and makes excuses because he never mentioned Cheever Li

asking for the funds to Charles Hardy. On the contrary, he assured him that he would keep them as a

trustee.

Case 5: Paul Chu (RedWolf) Year 2013

The same above story with Charles Hardy was played with the Action Air guns company RedWolf and its

owner Mr. Paul Chu. Vince Pinto asked for HK$ 5.000 as a deposit payment, to secure a sponsorship slot

for the Action Air World Shoot that was supposed to take place in 2014 in Hong Kong. Actually, he issued

a fake invoice under his title “IPSC Secretary”, without the knowledge of the IPSC Treasurer. Again, this

money was never returned.

Both the above cases happened when he was the IPSC Secretary and he abused the power of his

position. Moreover, he involved IPSC without the knowledge of the President and the Executive Council

which he never respected or cooperated with.

See email to Alain Joly as sponsorship director requesting the money from IPSC:

De: "Paul Chu" <paul.chu@redwolfairsoft.com>

Objet: Status of IPSC Action Airsoft in Hong Kong

Date: 24 octobre 2014 09:29:48 UTC+2

À: <ajolyipsc@gmail.com>

Dear Alain,

I am writing to you in regards to the planned IPSC Airsoft World Championships in Hong Kong for

2014. In late 2013, Vince Pinto contacted me and put forth a proposal that such an event was being

planned in Hong Kong in 2014. As the largest distributor of Airsoft in Asia, we were very excited that

this was going to happen and I pledged my support for the event immediately. Vince indicated that

sponsorship of a stage would cost around HKD 20K (approx USD 2570) and in order to secure my

position, I should make a deposit of HKD 5000 (approx USD 642). Attached you may find the bank

deposit receipts and invoice from Vince.

We are nearing the end of 2014 and no further details about this event have been made available. I can

only assume that this event is unlikely to take place this year and as such, I would like to request for a

refund on my deposit. We are still extremely interested in participating in sponsorship if and when

concrete dates, location, and details are confirmed and announced for this event. Please keep us

updated and advised accordingly.

Until such time, we would kindly request an immediate return of our deposit.

Let me know if you need me to provide further information regarding this issue.

Respectfully,

__________________________________________________ ______

Paul Chu | RedWolf Airsoft Specialist Ltd

10A, Hang Fat Industrial Building, 550-556 Castle Peak Road

Cheung Sha Wan, Hong Kong

+852 28577665 (ext. 728) | paul.chu@redwolfairsoft.com

Subscribe to RedWolf TV and enjoy weekly updates and reviews!

Join us on FACEBOOK and join Airsoft discussions, get coupons, and more!

__________________________________________________ ______

See Vince Pinto's reaction when Alain Joly contacted Vince Pinto about this debt:

De: "Vince Pinto" <vincepinto@gmail.com>

Objet: Rép : Status of IPSC Action Airsoft in Hong Kong

Date: 25 octobre 2014 à 23:06:15 UTC+2

À: "Joly Alain" <ajolyipsc@gmail.com>

Cc: "Alexakos Nick" <ntalexakos@gmail.com>

Répondre à: "Vince Pinto" <vincepinto@gmail.com>

Dear Alain,

I completely forgot about that matter! At the time, the possibility of an AA World Shoot was very high,

and we only required IPSC Hong Kong to support it as host region, and propose a Motion for the

Assembly. However, the local organisers needed some commitments to justify development costs to the

land they identified for the new range.

They asked for my assistance, so I approached Red Wolf as the most likely overall Match Sponsor,

because Red Wolf are the largest action air products dealer here. I apologise for not going through you

but time was very tight.

Also note that the sponsorship amounts will be much smaller than a real gun match. For example, the

Match Registration Fee for competitors cannot be more that a maximum of US$125 per person, and we

only expect 200-300 competitors for the first match.

We only asked Red Wolf for a small deposit to reserve their sponsorship and we would only request the

balance if the match was confirmed. As the AAWS did not eventuate, no further action was taken.

However, I am very surprised Paul Chu did not contact me directly before complaining to you, especially

since it's a very small amount of money.

Anyway, I will contact the match organisers in the coming week to arrange a refund.

Ciao,

Vince

Sent: Sunday, 26 October, 2014 03:40

To: Pinto Vince

Cc: Alexakos Nick

Subject: TR : Status of IPSC Action Airsoft in Hong Kong

How should I reply

AJ

Remark: This reply by Vince Pinto proves by itself that the money was never delivered to IPSC,

corresponding to the invoice he issued. This alone could lead IPSC into financial and tax problems. He

also states that he approached them as Overall Match Sponsors, which, at the same time had

negotiated with Charles Hardy!

Case 6: Removal from Secretary 2014

In February 2014, by unanimous vote in the Executive Council, he was removed from the position of

Secretary, due to mismanagement of money he had received from Region NZL. This was a great blow for

him, and it was not revealed not to embarrass him.

See email below:

On February 25, 2014 5:46:08 PM EET, Vince Pinto <vincepinto@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bro,

No, the Facebook comment was not directed at you (nor anyone else in IPSC). One thing I simply cannot

do is hide my emotions. If I’m pissed with someone, they will know about it directly, not obliquely. Just

ask Adnaan Jacobs, Rudy Marcelo or Myro Lopez.

Despite my offering to fall on my sword, I was nonetheless devastated when the highest ranking, but

least busy (on a daily basis), position I held in IPSC was taken away. I’ve been Secretary for 13 straight

Assemblies. I think that makes me the longest serving.

Anyway, what’s done is done. The only thing I have yet to determine is the best way to make an

announcement. If we don’t handle it correctly, the rumour mill will go crazy, and that’s the last thing we

need so early in an election year.

L&K,

Vince

Case 7: Handgun World Shoot in Florida

At the IPSC World Shoot in Florida he was working in the registration office and cashed in 1000 of a

competitor. Instead of giving the money to the Match Organizer where it belonged to, he put it in his

own pocket and kept silent on it. Just by accident it was disclosed and only by a furious intervention of

the IPSC President he gave the money back to the organizer.

Case 8: Sarath De Zoysa (SRI) 2015

He promised to deliver a Glock pistol from Venezuela and he was paid in advance US$ 1.400 for it, with

money transferred to his Hong Kong personal account, issuing an invoice. After 2 years, the gun was

never delivered and he refused to return the money. Mr. De Zoysa contacted the IPSC President and the

money was paid back by the IPSC President personally, to save IPSC from the embarrassment and the

bad reputation Vince Pinto was creating by his financial wrongdoings.

See email from Sarath De Zoysa

Subject: RE: News, News, News

Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 12:21:39 +0530

To: president@ipsc.org

CC: ntalexakos@gmail.com

I thank you for your e-mail dated December 13th and heartily reciprocate your Good Wishes as stated in

the last line of your e-mail. However, I in response to the penultimate line of your e-mail, I wish to

emphasize the fact that there is an extremely important matter that the Executive Council and you can

assist me with, but at this stage, I would refrain myself from copying this e-mail to others in the

Executive Council and request you to kindly deal with this matter personally, as I have already discussed

this matter with you on an earlier occasion.

I wish to draw your kind attention to my e-mail dated 26th September 2016, addressed to you, which

remains unanswered to-date and the discussions I had with you on the same matter when I met you at

the last AA-2016 in Surabaya, when certain documents were also handed over to you, at your request.

However, I am sad and disappointed that you, for whom I have always had the highest respect and

admiration since I first met you in 1990 in Adelaide, has chosen to ignore my humble request. You

cannot ignore this serious issue any longer in the best interest of the entire IPSC, which so far has

outwardly maintained an untarnished name, mainly due to the personal image of the highest dignity

and integrity you have built up over the years.

Unfortunately, your good name and that of the Confederation are being destroyed from within by your

own Secretary, Vince Pinto, who has brazenly robbed and deceived several Members of IPSC Regions,

hiding behind your good name. You will be amazed at the number of people who are openly talking

about these misdeeds now, which sadly is making you also unpopular by tolerating such an arrogant,

undesirable and shameless man in your inner circle of administration.

I was indeed shocked to hear from fellow RO's & Shooters, when I was at the AA - 2016 in Surabaya &

earlier this month at the Asia Pacific Handgun C'ship in Pattaya that you are covering up for Pinto's

misdeeds simply because he is covering up for yours and that you lack the moral courage to deal

appropriately with Pinto in order to save your hard earned reputation.

I sincerely hope that this is not true. You simply cannot continue to treat Pinto's misdeeds as his

personal business as if they have nothing to do with IPSC, because he is using the good name of IPSC and

its President to blatantly deceive Members of the IPSC community. I have seen hard evidence of several

such cases which will definitely come out into the open if no action is taken against this crooked

Secretary. With his reputation of Bankruptcy, insolvency, added his shady character which is now well

known in IPSC circles, no one will trust him even with five Dollars, if not for the fact that he is the

trusted Secretary of the highly regarded President of IPSC.

Therefore, for the last time, I am urging you in your best interests and that of IPSC too, to prevail upon

Pinto to refund the sum of US$ 1401.00 which was remitted to his Personal Account in the Bank of China

(Hong Kong) as per his personal Invoice dated 29th Jan 2015, for the purpose of supplying a Glock Pistol

from Venezuela!! I trusted him purely because he holds such an exalted position in IPSC. It may be a

comparatively insignificant sum of money, but I certainly am not prepared to pay this money back on

behalf of Pinto. If he fails to confirm that this amount has been remitted to the following Bank

Account***, by mid-January 2017, I will have no alternative but to write to all RD's and others known to

me in IPSC, in my capacity as RD Sri Lanka, giving details of how I have been taken for a ride by Pinto, in

order to warm them not to have any dealings with this

despicable Rogue we have in the guise of IPSC Secretary or whatever power he has to silence all others

who have suffered substantial financial losses in their dealings with this serial thief.

I trust you would kindly treat this matter as your first and most important task for 2017, in order to

salvage your good name and that of the Confederation itself from the current state of distrust and

discontent in IPSC circles, which is now being openly spoken about. Being the President, you may be the

last to hear about the under currents in IPSC, as the person responsible is known to be your close

confidante. Therefore, in the best interests of the Sport and the Confederation itself, Pinto must be

made to pay back what he has robbed, unofficially using his position in IPSC and thereafter he must be

relieved of his position as your trusted confidant/representative.

Wishing you all the strength you need to take appropriate action to restore the highly esteemed image

of yourself and that of IPSC, for the sake of future generations.

Awaiting a positive and realistic response from you without undue delay.

Warmest regards,

Sarath.

Case 9: Ben Yam (HKG) letter 2017

Even people from the IPSC community in his own residence country (HKG), were totally appalled by the

idea that he might become the next IPSC President. There was a letter sent to the Executive Council,

describing with the worst words his untrustworthy personality and business conduct in Hong Kong and

how nobody trusts him there.

See email below:

Début du message réexpédié :

De: Ben Yam <cgcby@yahoo.com.hk>

Objet: Re : IPSC President

Date: 19 juillet 2017 à 06:36:08 UTC+2

À: "ajolyipsc@gmail.com" <ajolyipsc@gmail.com>

Répondre à: Ben Yam <cgcby@yahoo.com.hk>

Dear Alain Joly,

I was told that Vince Pinto is running for IPSC President. If he wins, this will start the downfall of the

organization worldwide.

All business operated by Vince Pinto in Hong Kong end up by bankruptcy, to name a few :

Phoenix Gun Club; Hong Kong Shooting Club, and Sepro.

Sepro was the agent for Glock and many other products in Hong Kong, but in many transactions, after

receiving the payment from the customer, Vince cannot deliver the order to the client and was end up

with bankruptcy including but not limited to a big Glock Pistol order.

He is actually now jobless here in Hong Kong, as nobody will believe a word in him.

He is currently not only financially bankrupted here in Hong Kong, so is his personalities, as he has

cheated so many people with his title from IPSC, and has been called “Cheater” same pronunciation in

Chinese for his surname “ Pinto “

How can IPSC allows a person involved in so many bankruptcies, with so bad reputation internationally

to be a president ?

If he cannot run his own business smoothly in Hong Kong, how can he capable of running IPSC?

Please check all his records and see all ways and means to stop this cheater to win the election,

otherwise it will be a disaster to IPSC.

Regards

Past committee of HKPSA.

There are, of course, some other money involving cases,as the ones with Fritz Gepperth (GER) and David

Skinner (STI), for which there are no details, but can be sought from the above individuals.

The question arising from all the above cases proving that Vince Pinto is a dishonest and financially

untrustworthy man who has been scamming all his life, ripping off money from people who trusted

him and his position in IPSC:

Is VINCE PINTO a man who deserves your vote to become the IPSC President?

Can you entrust him with the future and financials of OUR Confederation?

Can you trust him at all?

superbad
08-16-2017, 10:46 AM
I was having a conversation with my lawyer about ipsc. ipsc actually violates the charter of rights section 15 under discrimination in Canada for charging money to take a 2 day safety course on firearm safety to compete in ipsc events. A safety course and test are already provided by the Canadian Government as a requirement of a firearms permit . The discrimination would be charging the money, as it discriminates against the lower income people and labels everyone as unsafe and unable to take part in ipsc events unless they pay for their black badge. Instructors are liable and labeling someone as unsafe without cause is defamation and discrimination. USPSA has a loophole, where a competitor is able to challenge the test at no charge. Ipsc does not have that, and ipsc Canada does not recognize all USPSA members.

Strewth
08-16-2017, 04:12 PM
I was having a conversation with my lawyer about ipsc. ....

That's an interesting take on it; I just found that it grinds my gears to spend that much money and time on a holster course, with the added fun of having the rules explained to me.
Not to question your lawyer, but would they have the same opinion on getting your race car licence? Genuine question? I think IPSC could make a solid case for being a go-fast sport, over and above the mandate of the CFSC? Not that any other action shooting sport has such a blatant cash grab involved...

As to the OP....Wow. That's bananas. Rotten, mouldy bananas. What would that do to IPSC if that tool (that I have heard second hand rumours about before) actually won the election?

superbad
08-16-2017, 05:14 PM
There are many ipsc shooters that do not shoot very fast at all so its not a go fast sport from the start. Shooting fast is not a requirement, there are plenty of black badge ranges that have a council that sets up rules, however these ranges are not owned by them, they are leased. Furthermore just because a group of people decide to make up rules, it does not mean they can be above the charter of rights in Canada. It would be up to a judge to decide if discrimination has taken place. For example some ranges allow you to go to ipsc practices and shoot but you cant go to an ipsc shoot, safety reasons? no, just rules set by a group of people, this group of people do not allow a legal firearms owner to participate in their shoots . They claim safety but is it really ? or is it discrimination? if the firearms program isn't enough, then why are some ranges ok with holster wear with movement and some are not. Legally, you do not require to be an ipsc member to draw from a holster, move with a handgun and participate in action shooting sports like 3 gun, idpa. Ipsc is the only one who demands their $300 for a 2 day course with open book test. A judge might ask a few questions about that.

Justice
08-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Any safety course and test are already provided(Isn't provided It's required) by the Canadian Government doesn't involve holsters or drawing a loaded firearm from one. Or reloading while moving. The CFSC and CRFSC were ill conceived and invented by people who know nothing about firearms or handling of same. They are primarily taught by unqualified people, do not take into consideration any previous experience, be that military, LEO or long term pre-FA experience. They have the express purpose of making getting into the shooting sport as expensive in time and money as possible to discourage new shooters from starting. The shooting games are not even a consideration of the useless government mandated courses. In addition, some Provinces, like Ontario, require an additional club level "safety course" that a fee usually applies.
Your lawyer is full of excrement. The idea that IPSC discriminates against the lower income people is nonsense. That can be said about the entire licencing process. $260.00 for both useless courses and tests in Ontario is beyond the means of low income people. Mind you, so is purchasing ANY firearm and the requires cases to transport and cabinets to store 'em.
"...your race car licence..." Applies to any DL.
"...black badge ranges..." There's no such thing as a black badge range.
"...a person involved in so many bankruptcies..." That'd be totally irrelevant to a private club's ELECTIONS. Better question is, "If he's such a fraud artist, why has the guy not been arrested?" But most nobody cares what IPSC "World" does.

superbad
08-19-2017, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=Justice;512901]Any safety course and test are already provided(Isn't provided It's required) by the Canadian Government doesn't involve holsters or drawing a loaded firearm from one. Or reloading while moving. The CFSC and CRFSC were ill conceived and invented by people who know nothing about firearms or handling of same. They are primarily taught by unqualified people, do not take into consideration any previous experience, be that military, LEO or long term pre-FA experience. They have the express purpose of making getting into the shooting sport as expensive in time and money as possible to discourage new shooters from starting. The shooting games are not even a consideration of the useless government mandated courses. In addition, some Provinces, like Ontario, require an additional club level "safety course" that a fee usually applies.
Your lawyer is full of excrement. The idea that IPSC discriminates against the lower income people is nonsense. That can be said about the entire licencing process. $260.00 for both useless courses and tests in Ontario is beyond the means of low income people. Mind you, so is purchasing ANY firearm and the requires cases to transport and cabinets to store 'em.
"...your race car licence..." Applies to any DL.
"...black badge ranges..." There's no such thing as a black badge range.
"...a person involved in so many bankruptcies..." That'd be totally irrelevant to a private club's ELECTIONS. Better question is, "If he's such a fraud artist, why has the guy not been arrested?" But most nobody cares what IPSC "World" does.[/QU

There is no safety requirement on holsters as other shooting competitions that draw from holster in Canada do not require them by law. ipsc is special, and they charge money for an open book test bud. The Canadian safety course does cover the safety needed to compete in any competition sport. Drawing from a holster is no different then picking up a gun at the range, finger off the trigger, point down range. When you are done shooting, show clear, hammer down and either put in holster or on the table. Just because you take a 2 day course doesn't mean you can start running and shooting like a grand master,no, that takes a very long time. In fact you can learn more about ipsc on youtube than you can from a 2 day course and open book test. And frankly, shooting a 2011 that has no drop safety and has custom work to bring down the trigger from 4 pounds to half a pound is unsafe no matter what 2 day course you take. there is actually an investigation ngoing regarding this matter.

IJ22
08-20-2017, 03:00 PM
There is no safety requirement on holsters as other shooting competitions that draw from holster in Canada do not require them by law. ipsc is special, and they charge money for an open book test bud. The Canadian safety course does cover the safety needed to compete in any competition sport. Drawing from a holster is no different then picking up a gun at the range, finger off the trigger, point down range. When you are done shooting, show clear, hammer down and either put in holster or on the table. Just because you take a 2 day course doesn't mean you can start running and shooting like a grand master,no, that takes a very long time. In fact you can learn more about ipsc on youtube than you can from a 2 day course and open book test. And frankly, shooting a 2011 that has no drop safety and has custom work to bring down the trigger from 4 pounds to half a pound is unsafe no matter what 2 day course you take. there is actually an investigation ngoing regarding this matter.

I'm not a lawyer but it sounds to me like neither is your lawyer :) I don't know which province you're in, but here in Ontario the Black Badge course fee consists of a $75 stipend that goes to the instructor and a $25 course material fee. I'm not involved in IDPA so I'm not intimately familiar with them but I do know they require holster certification. No idea what the cost for that is. ODPL which is an Ontario offshoot of IDPA also requires holster certification, although they do accept Black Badge as a valid qualification.

The BB course is much more than a holster qualification course though, it's a comprehensive introduction to the league, it's protocols and rules. The open book test is an exercise in familiarizing the candidate with the rules, not a memory test. I found it quite worthwhile. It also comprised a minor part of the overall course, which was all practical.

I took the BB course this spring and I have no regrets or resentments, I'm a better and safer shooter as a result of the course. The instructor was exceptional, and at $75 for two days (plus he sprung for pizza for our group of 8 out of that, both days) was the bargain of the century.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it, it was 2 and a half days, as there was an in-class session on the Friday night. Plus you get a lapel pin and the actual Black Badge lol.

superbad
08-21-2017, 01:44 PM
$75 for 2 days sounds reasonable, they ask $300 out here. Don't you think that making me unsafe compared to you is discrimination based on a 2 day course ? I have 2 lawyers and one them is a Queen's council. I would say that equipment has more to do with safety then a 2 day course that makes a new gun owner think they are a grand master. Here is an example of the discrimination, new gun owner gets into ipsc course, buys custom 2011 with half pound trigger and no drop safety, vs an experienced shooter with a safe action drop safe 4 - 5 pound trigger with a trigger safety but is not black badge. Not letting an experienced shooter participate in an ipsc match is discrimination. idpa does not require a holster safety course, that is decided by the range not idpa nor the Canadian government. Neither does 3 gun, just your restricted pal, ipsc has great lawyers and it would cost way too much to face them. The way around ipsc is to become an USPSA member and shoot some matches to get a qualification status but when you start shooting USPSA you really don't want to shoot ipsc anymore. Who in their right mind would spend 20k in supreme court instead of taking the kids on a few vacations?

Coke
08-21-2017, 07:28 PM
idpa does not require a holster safety course,

I don't know where you got your info from, but yes, IDPA does require a safety course. It is called the "Black Shield". However they will accept an IPSC Black Badge course as well, if you already have one.